Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

memerzatz

Darkened Big Toenail

5 posts in this topic

Is this something that can be treated, I do not remember stubbing or injuring it, but I just noticed it last night and it is worrying me. Is there some over the counter medication I can use.

memerzatz:eek:

Is your entire toenail black, or just a spot? I know that toenail fungus can appear as gray/black, but this occurs gradually rather than suddenly.

I'm not one to let something be on my feet/toes without having it checked out quickly by a physician. I'd encourage you to call your doctor and get an appt. soon, esp. since you don't recall any trauma/injury. I wouldn't mess with it in the mean time.

Get it checked so your mind can be at ease. Feet/toe problems should not be taken lightly when you are a diabetic.

memerzatz, I know you don't want to hear this, but you need to call your gp or podiatrist. Your toenail should not be turning black for no reason and I would definitely want to know what was going on. As you well know, diabetes can cause many foot issues. This needs to be looked at by a doctor.

Thank You Princess Linda

I have mainly lurked here but I have been aware since my start here that you always give prompt, helpful and the most important,kind and loving responses

memerzatz