Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shel

Morning Dry Mouth

9 posts in this topic

Some mornings I awake with my mouth being very dry. I have not been able to correlate it to my BGL - usually my preprandial BGL is below 100 (80s - 90s), rarely 110 or even slightly higher. This morning it was 110, in part, I'm sure, because I had a small, roasted russet potato at about 1:00am and my BGL was 100 at that time. I also had a small slice of my friend's home made bread - it was so good!

What may be the cause of occasional dry mouth in the AM? Might it even be diabetes related?

God yes. My mouth is dry EVERY morning even though the sugars are 85-120 lately. I can't figure it out. Was gonna make this topic eventually.

I notice dry mouth when I have sinus issues..guess I breathe through my mouth at that time and it dries me out.

Also, some BP meds can have the side effect of dry mouth.

Also, some BP meds can have the side effect of dry mouth.

I take some blood pressure meds every day. However, the dry mouth comes around only sporadically. I'll look into the BP connection at some point. Thanks!

I had a very dry mouth every morning. It was so bad that it actually hurt. I couldn't eat anything that was spicy, including any salt. My doctor asked me if a snore, which I didn't know since I was asleep. He had me undergo a sleep study which found that I had sleep apnea.

I ended up getting a CPAP machine. Man what a difference! No more dry mouth, a better night's sleep, and an all over renewed level of energy

Some mornings I awake with my mouth being very dry. I have not been able to correlate it to my BGL - usually my preprandial BGL is below 100 (80s - 90s), rarely 110 or even slightly higher. This morning it was 110, in part, I'm sure, because I had a small, roasted russet potato at about 1:00am and my BGL was 100 at that time. I also had a small slice of my friend's home made bread - it was so good!

What may be the cause of occasional dry mouth in the AM? Might it even be diabetes related?

actually, my tongue is dry when i wake up in AM while your mouth is dry. are they different ?