Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hazatude

Are there any, "unlimited" foods?

11 posts in this topic

Depends are you T1 or T2? What kind of insulin are you on if T1? What are the ways you deliver your insulin? I am on a pump and pretty much eat anything as long as I bolus for it. Of course I don't go stuffing myself but I don't eat lil 3 oz portions either.

Hey we all like to pig out from time to time. I truly don't know if there is such thing as foods you can eat in unlimited amounts. Both Type 1s and 2s need to watch carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Probably the closest thing would be vegetables that have a high water content...ice berg lettuce, cucumbers, onions, celery, etc. Also, diet sodas, water, sugar free jello you can pretty much eat whenever.

Hope this helps a bit ;)

Hey we all like to pig out from time to time. I truly don't know if there is such thing as foods you can eat in unlimited amounts. Both Type 1s and 2s need to watch carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Probably the closest thing would be vegetables that have a high water content...ice berg lettuce, cucumbers, onions, celery, etc. Also, diet sodas, water, sugar free jello you can pretty much eat whenever.

Hope this helps a bit ;)

What about protein do you need to watch? My doctor said when I came in and was diagnosed last month I was peeing protein.

Protein is hard on the kidneys. I eat approx 6-7 oz of meat per day. As far as your urine goes, when our sugars are out of control many other things will be out of whack also. Have your doc do the test again after you've reduced your sugars to see if the situation has improved.

Are there any, "unlimited" foods?

Yeah:

Water and Air

:D

This thread makes me think of a funny thing I read in a Weight Watchers magazine once. They advocate dieters using a buttery "spray." Actually the stuff is not bad. The calories per spray serving are minute so the FDA allows them to put "0" calories on the nutrition label; however, the bottle contents as a whole have about 300 calories I think. Anyway, one woman wrote in complaining she was using the spray on her popcorn and following the plan and was not having any luck losing weight. It turns out she thought zero calories meant zero calories no matter the quantity and she was dumping the whole container over her popcorn. ha ha ha Sounded like something I would try. :D