Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob43

Has anyone has this Sweet breath that smells like nail polish remover?

30 posts in this topic

Sweet breath that smells like nail polish remover. Been having off and on for months now. My BG is 249 which is considered low for me and still have the breath smell for some reason.

Thanks, Rob

Yes, ketosis. If you or anyone else thinks of low carb diet ketosis, not the same thing. Different cause, different intensity, not at all healthy.

You may consider it low, but you need to adjust your sights lower. If this is improvement though, that's great. As long as you see definite and lasting and progressive improvement, you are on the right track.

Keep the water up Rob. High BG and ketosis dehydrates the body and internal organs very badly.

Yes I'm drinking lots of water right now. I went out and bought a box of Keto-Diastix Reagent Strips for Urinalysis and tested. The test glucose was 2 percent or more and the ketone was a trace. If the Ketone is so low why would I have a smell like nail polish remover?

Thanks, Rob

Yes I'm drinking lots of water right now. I went out and bought a box of Keto-Diastix Reagent Strips for Urinalysis and tested. The test glucose was 2 percent or more and the ketone was a trace. If the Ketone is so low why would I have a smell like nail polish remover?

Thanks, Rob

Nail polish remover? ugh. I think the sweet taste is the what they are referring to??????????? not sure. Nail polish remover? yuck

I believe the term is Acetone breath, and as above it is related to Ketones.

As suggested in your other thread Rob, it seems that you may need to talk to your Doctor about more insulin.

Drink plenty of water, test your BGs and Ketone levels.. if BGs and Ketones stay high or keep getting higher seek medical advice.

Wonder if I should wait till my next Doctors appointment Nov. 23 to talk to him about this problem or go to ER?

Rob

The 23rd is almost three weeks away. How long has this been going on? Call for a closer appointment, if possible. If no appointment is open, then ask about going to the ER...ketosis of this nature is unhealthy. Be sure to keep yourself well hydrated in the meanwhile, as Frank suggested.

You're showing classic signs of ketosis/ketoacedosis and your BG is very high. I would go see a doctor immediately. 249 might be 'low for you' but anything over 160 is far too high full stop.

Rob,

As others have told you, you need to see your Doctor. Try bring your appointment forward, tell the receptionist that your BG is running very high and you are worried about ketosis/ketoacedosis.

I think at this point you should know (so many people have mentioned it), you need to get your numbers down. 249 is too high for anyone and is low for no one. Remember to talk to your Doctor about your diet of fast food and about getting rapid acting insulin so you can bolus to try to cover the food.

Both my doctors refuse to see me sooner and I'm worried about the smell because now I can smell it when my BG is only 154 and it's it seems to be all the time now.

Rob

I would go to the ER, and then I would be thinking about switching doctors. It really bothers me that neither of them would see you any soooner. I realize they have other appointments and all, but in a case like that they really should be able to work you in.

Rob, please go to ER. You can take yourself there now, or before very long somebody else will be calling the ambulance for you. Please get up & go to ER.

I don't go to ER because now my BG test for Ketones came back as a trace. I've been testing in last few days to see if my Ketones got worse. I've been to ER four times now this year and I just must make sure it's a real emergency this time. I will contact another doctor today about my Ketones.

Thanks, Rob

What does hospital do to treat ketones? I contacted another doctor and said come in on Wednesday at 9:00 am and I contacted another doctor here in town and he said go to ER. So which one should I listen to?

Thanks, Bob

Hello Guys,

I am new to the discussion board and representative of SalonSpaSource.com

We bring an opportunity to create a free listing for Nail Care Professsionals and Salon Professionals all around United States of America.

Are you looking for space in online community to fluent your skills and salon services?

Salonspasource.com brings an exciting opportunity for you to be current by having your personal free listing at SalonSpaSource.com

What does your free listing include?

It allows you to include your name, specialty, phone number, city, state, and zip code.

Follow SalonSpaSource.com on twitter @salonspasource

Visit Salon Spa Source: Find Salon & Spa | Hair Salons | Beauty Salons | Day Spas |Nail Salons | Salon & Day Spa Finder to learn more about it.

Hello Guys,

I am new to the discussion board and representative of SalonSpaSource.com

We bring an opportunity to create a free listing for Nail Care Professsionals and Salon Professionals all around United States of America.

Are you looking for space in online community to fluent your skills and salon services?

Salonspasource.com brings an exciting opportunity for you to be current by having your personal free listing at SalonSpaSource.com

What does your free listing include?

It allows you to include your name, specialty, phone number, city, state, and zip code.

Follow SalonSpaSource.com on twitter @salonspasource

Visit Salon Spa Source: Find Salon & Spa | Hair Salons | Beauty Salons | Day Spas |Nail Salons | Salon & Day Spa Finder to learn more about it.

Is this really necessary or some kind of joke?

Ramon,

It's spam, if you spot spam or something you think is spam you can report the post by clicking on the yellow triangle with the exclaimation mark in it which is on the right hand side of each posts header (beside where is says permalink)

What does hospital do to treat ketones? I contacted another doctor and said come in on Wednesday at 9:00 am and I contacted another doctor here in town and he said go to ER. So which one should I listen to?

Thanks, Bob

Rob/Bob,

I would think that the treatment would be to reduce your Blood sugars as ketones could mean you are heading towards ketoacidosis, which is very serious. So if Ketones are present they need to be treated and I would err on the side of caution and go to the ER.

Ketones in your blood means that you are running out of Insulin (kind of like the low fuel light in your car). To treat this you must take a corrective bolus of insulin AND extra insulin for the ketones, because having ketones makes you insulin resistant. Dr's prefer to give us these by injection rather than pump (if you use pump) and your Dr or nurse will/should tell you how much to give yourself. Personally i would go to your ER and tell them what's been happening and how you've treated yourself sofar, they will then check your blood and treat accordingly taking all the stress off you so you can concentrate on getting better.

I hope this helps.

Hi, My days are over when comes to eating anything with sugar in it like chocolate milk which was my favorite and pies,cakes. My Pancreatic is wearing out trying to keep up with sugar intake.

A real eye opener is after three glasses of Chocolate milk my BG was over 600 with in a hour and this told me I cann't eat anything like I used to at one time. It seamed to change over night, I was able to eat sugar one day and the nexted day I couldn't.

Thanks, Rob

I've got the smell stuck in my nose periodically...

I test but the levels are OK, about 120.

I take Metformin 2X1000mg and Glimepiride 1X1mg.

Healthy diet, not overweight, yada yada yada.

Is there something other than ketoacidosis that causes this

smell.?:confused: