Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob43

Has anyone has this Sweet breath that smells like nail polish remover?

30 posts in this topic

you could try getting hold of an optium Xeed meter, it can measure ketones in the blood, which is far better than urine strips... the strips only tell you what has been, the blood meter will tell you what is going on now.

Hi, My days are over when comes to eating anything with sugar in it like chocolate milk which was my favorite and pies,cakes. My Pancreatic is wearing out trying to keep up with sugar intake.

A real eye opener is after three glasses of Chocolate milk my BG was over 600 with in a hour and this told me I cann't eat anything like I used to at one time. It seamed to change over night, I was able to eat sugar one day and the nexted day I couldn't.

Thanks, Rob

Rob,

Good to see you are making real changes to your diet. If it helps I have never said I will never eat chocolate - that's too final for me. I just pick my times (good BG before eating) and when I do eat it, it's a special occasion and I eat a small amount, especially if it is regular milk chocolate. I see it as a treat/reward for not eating it and maintaining good control.

Rob, Do you have some exercise regmine happening? as that may help you to get the BG down to an acceptable level.

Here lately I'm walking alot at shopping malls for execise. No buying anything just walking. Example Super Wal-mart, Sears, K-mart, Sam's. :D

Rob