Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Granny Shanny

Green tea counters effects of statins?

6 posts in this topic

Has this been proven to help? I was surfing through last month's Ode magazine & one of the articles mentioned drinking green tea for this purpose. I drink green tea all the time, just because I LIKE it, but it would be nice to know that it is protecting me from my lovastatin!

I am not sure what you mean. I drink green, white, orange, and black teas daily. I also take a statin. Should I not be drinking tea?

The Ode magazine article states:

if you really need to take statins, drink green tea to counteract the harmful side effects.

It is sort of a "throw-away" line, but I've seen other advice to the effect of drinking green tea or taking the coenzyme Q10 to ward off the side effects of statin drugs. I was asking if there are any studies that substantiate the claims. If a patient is experiencing memory loss or reduced strength due to statins, can green tea mitigate these effects?

Hey Granny over here they sometimes drink tea LOL.

Attached please find some tea information.

I prefer Crysanthemum (Flower) Tea.

The flower tea I enjoy most (tastes a little sweet) is not recommended for diabetics or those with certain allergies.

Another type of flower tea, which is more bitter - tastes like medicine is fine for diabetics.

How to tell the difference with flower diameters of equal size - say 1/2"

The sweet variety has a noticeable dark green center with white-yellowish petals.

The bitter one has a very small center, mostly petals, and are yellow-greenish as if not ripe.

Hope this helps

tea.pdf