Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagdishgita

Maharani Rice and Diabetic Patients

10 posts in this topic

I came to know the following:

"Maharani Rice for Diabetics"-On checking it claims to be the only diet variety of rice fit for consumption of diabetic patients across the world. Quite a statement! The process involves slow breaking down of lipids into sugar when consumed. The product GI when tested came out to be 52 which is rated moderate and healthy for intake.

Anydody knows, where to buy this rice in a Los Angeles area?

I have found a couple Indian rices which purport to have a lower GI.

None has proved particularly helpful to me, but from what I read here, my relationship with starches is somewhat, "speshul." ;-)

Give it a try and see ... eat and test.

Since plain ole white rice comes in at a 72 and ordinary basmati comes in at 57, 52 doesn't seem all that special.

Methinks another new poster will supply the info on "where to buy" this *miracle* rice before long.

This was one recommended to me as lower GI and I LOVE it ... no help at all to my blood sugar, however!

Cyberus you may be right ... looks like a major market scheme is underway!

I came to know the following:

"Maharani Rice for Diabetics"-On checking it claims to be the only diet variety of rice fit for consumption of diabetic patients across the world. Quite a statement! The process involves slow breaking down of lipids into sugar when consumed. The product GI when tested came out to be 52 which is rated moderate and healthy for intake.

Anydody knows, where to buy this rice in a Los Angeles area?

Finally, I found MAHARANI RICE in one of the Indian Grocery store in New Jersey.

Well, good luck with it.

I have not found any rice I can eat much of, I now substitute cauliflower in all my pullaos and they come out excellent, though!