Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duckssugar

Lantus and Novolog Pen needles

7 posts in this topic

Hi Group

I have a question on pen needles. I use a Novolog Flex pen and I use Novofine disposible needles for this pen. My Lantus Solostar pen is made by sanofi aventus and they told me on the phone to use ONLY the BD pen needles. They said NOT to use novofine needles on it, yet printed on the BD needle box is a listing that these needles CAN be used on the Novolog pen.

Someone is is giving me the wrong info. I would like to use just one type brand of needle for both pens. Anyone else in this situation, please post your input

Thank, Larry

Hi Group

I have a question on pen needles. I use a Novolog Flex pen and I use Novofine disposible needles for this pen. My Lantus Solostar pen is made by sanofi aventus and they told me on the phone to use ONLY the BD pen needles. They said NOT to use novofine needles on it, yet printed on the BD needle box is a listing that these needles CAN be used on the Novolog pen.

Someone is is giving me the wrong info. I would like to use just one type brand of needle for both pens. Anyone else in this situation, please post your input

Thank, Larry

You can use the Novofine needles on Novo or Lily pens, but not the Solostar. You can use BD needles on any pen. The problem is that the Novofine needles have a shorter part that puntures through the rubber stopper, and it is not long enough to reliably go all the way through the stopper every time. That being said, I have used the Novofine needles occasionally on the SoloStar pen, and so far, they have worked each time.

i don't use lantus so i cannot speak for that...but i am guessing if the BOX tells you it is okay to use the novofines than go for it? The ppl are probably reading scripted material and will want to sway you towards their own product links would be my guess...but what do i know!

Thanks oqlyn

I think I'll ask my Endo for a "New" script ( Upping the amount each day)for the BD needles. I like the BD's a little more cause they have a better sterile seal on it i think..

Thanks for that info

Larry

i use novofine 0.3-8mm needle tips on both my novorapid (novolog) and lantus (solostar) pens.

i have never had any problems. i have never received any advice against this practice.

i am in australia - so something may be different - but i doubt it...

:)

-- joel.