Hammer

What drives you bananas?

615 posts in this topic

We have Farm Bureau also, have had them for 30 some years and haven't ever had prices go up no matter it I've paid off a house, gotten a home loan or a 2nd loan, bought new "toys". I think I'd check around with other insurance companies.

meyery2k and Java like this

What drives me bananas is companies that issues sketchy instructions that  look like they were written by a fourth grader. I bought a Bissell carpet cleaner. The instructions that came with it were 4 pages of 4x6 paper. 3/4ths of the instructions were on putting the machine together. I had to read it a dozen times to try to understand them and then just used my common sense. The instructions on operating the machine were practically nonexistent. I pushed the furniture to one side of the room and proceeded to clean the carpet on that side. I thought it was working good  but when I looked the dirty water was not vacuumed up and my carpet was very wet. Back to the instructions--nothing there. I called Bissell and got someone who's first language wasn't English. She was hard to understand and offered no advice but take it to the repair shop. I said it was a brand new machine so it shouldn't need repair.

I went back and fiddled with things on the machine. I removed the bucket and replaced it and discovered that was what was wrong--the bucket wasn't in right. I wasted most of a day that I had slated for cleaning all because of poor instructions. In my opinion the people who write the instructions are either illiterate or have no communication skills

meyery2k, macksvicky, Java and 2 others like this

Try going through the documentation for Open Source projects.  Talk about horrible.  They seem to work totally on the assumption that you know as much about the subject as they do.  If you don't, you can easily spend days beating your head against a wall.  And don't bother questioning the documentation.  trust me, its an exercise in futility.

This has been a major pet peeve of mine for so long.

ran23, janice21475 and meyery2k like this

Online business-23andMe

this about there customer service not the product

my daughter let it be know that she would like the health and ancestors kit for Xmas

as families do we messed up two separate orders were placed. I volunteered to cancel  mine.

Well I submitted the form THE COULD NOT FIND MY ORDER so the would not cancel it.  BUT CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD AND SHIPPED THE TEST kit that I now need to send back to get my refund (I filed a complaint with my credit card). And I have asked for the cancelation earlier (when they could not find my order) there would be no problem 

their excuse was they did not have a proper email address for me!  Which was the one that the sent my receipt and all their correspondence. 😡

Unfortunately they have never said we have found my order and will process the cancelation

No phone number to call. 

meyery2k, ran23, macksvicky and 1 other like this

Online business-23andMe

this about there customer service not the product

my daughter let it be know that she would like the health and ancestors kit for Xmas

as families do we messed up two separate orders were placed. I volunteered to cancel  mine.

Well I submitted the form THE COULD NOT FIND MY ORDER so the would not cancel it.  BUT CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD AND SHIPPED THE TEST kit that I now need to send back to get my refund (I filed a complaint with my credit card). And I have asked for the cancelation earlier (when they could not find my order) there would be no problem 

their excuse was they did not have a proper email address for me!  Which was the one that the sent my receipt and all their correspondence. 😡

Unfortunately they have never said we have found my order and will process the cancelation

No phone number to call. 

Thanks Java. I had found that number, but even when I got a person they said the only way to cancel was through the online form

i tried one more time to submit the form. Again it said it was an invalid order 

I called the number and when I got someone on the line, I was very firm

that this had to be resolved with this Phone call talking to a person.  

He finally said you mean it won't let you submit the form on line?  Yea thank you.

i promised t o stay on hold as long as it would take, 

lol over an hour.  But I now have an email canceling my order with all the correct details.  👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Time for a run to calm down.

Edited by Fraser
adiantum, janice21475, macksvicky and 1 other like this

7 hours ago, Java said:

omg, i had no idea they did that ~ very unfair!  i hope you can find a company that doesn't do that ~ we have farm bureau ~ i wonder if i asked them if they do this if they would truthfully tell me

The company that raised my rates was Farmers.  I just took out a policy with Liberty Mutual, and it saves me $350 a year.  Oh, and if you use one of those devices that the insurance companies want you to use, that plugs into your car's computer system that registers things like speed, braking, miles driven, etc., don't use it!  They tell you that it can save you up to 30% on your insurance premiums, but in reality, no one has ever gotten a 30% discount.  You're lucky if you even get a 2% discount, and the reason is, if a dog runs out in front of you and you have to slam on the brakes, or if you accelerate a bit too fast from a traffic light, they will use that information to lower any discount you might have gotten, and they might raise your premiums because of it.

It just gets me that I have to pay a lot of money to insure my cars that sit in my driveway most of the time, and I have an excellent driving record.  I drive 2-3 times a week, maybe 20 miles round trip each time, and insurance companies in the past, (not Liberty Mutual), wanted to charge me $2,000 a year.  Jeez, suppose I had a speeding ticket on my driving record, and I had bad credit (today, my credit rating is 802), what would they have charged me then....maybe $5,000 a year?

In the 48 years that I have been driving, I've received 3 traffic violations, and I've had 2 minor fender benders, due to icy roads.  The last traffic violation that I was ticketed for, was some 15 years ago.  I drive 2 conservative cars....a 2006 VW Beetle, and a 2012 VW Jetta, both of which are diesels.  The last claim that I put in was 15 years ago for a broken windshield that was caused by a rock, thrown up by a car on the highway.

macksvicky likes this

Over priced Veterinary products  gets my horns up. I didnt know I was being ripped off  until I found a veterinary pharmacy online.

I bought 4 products from my vet only to find I couldve got the same products online for $81 cheaper.

One might need more antibiotic cream for her eyes which is $34 from the vet or $9.95 online.

As its a Rx med , Ive just phoned the vets & asked for a Rx to be posted to me.

It will be interesting to see how much I get charged for the Rx & postage.

meyery2k, TX_Clint and macksvicky like this

the floors at my son's school drive me nuts

way back when i cleaned a middle school and had the floors looking great

these floors at his school are the worst they've been in the 3 yrs he has been going - they have scuff marks alllll over them and are dull

i keep telling myself that it is none of my business

but i am close to asking if i can take care of them - LOL 

macksvicky, meyery2k and TX_Clint like this

I received my 670 G pump and transmitter two weeks ago but was told the Guardian sensors were on back order. I called Medtronic this morning to find out the status of my Guardian sensors but was put on hold for twenty minutes before connected to a rep just to be told that I needed to call CCS Medical, a Medicare sub contractor. After 30 minutes on hold, I finally got to speak to a rep who, thankfully, advised that the sensors were in stock and would be shipped as soon as the prescription was received from my doc. I called doc who actually picked up his phone on the second ring.

Why did I have to spend a total of 50 minutes on hold to find out that the sensors were in stock when they should have been shipped two weeks ago.

TX_Clint and macksvicky like this

wife is still sick after 3 weeks.  I got rid of it with a box of Alka Seltzer Plus.   All I hear is coughing all day.  

30 minutes ago, ran23 said:

wife is still sick after 3 weeks.  I got rid of it with a box of Alka Seltzer Plus.   All I hear is coughing all day.  

Perhaps you should carry her to a Doctor? 3 weeks coughing must be wearing on her, too. Just because you got rid of it doesn't mean she would not like to do the same. You sound heartless. Hopefully that is not the case.

macksvicky likes this

Talking to a plumber the other day & as he was leaving I said I hoped his cold or flu got better soon.

He said his wife is sick of hearing him cough . She has begun  mimicking seals  by slapping her hands together while saying "arf,  arf ".

I cracked up & told him to look after that woman as that is priceless.

39 minutes ago, ran23 said:

meyery2k, macksvicky, Java and 1 other like this

After 15 years, I am still trying to be a good husband. 

macksvicky, adiantum and Java like this

Ran--My husband was a good man and husband but when it came to medical things he was clueless. Don't beat yourself up if you don't know everything. Sometimes a viral infection like a cold can turn into a Bacterial infection and over the counter meds. don't work. That's why they say to see a doctor if a viral infection lasts longer than a couple of weeks

ran23, Java and macksvicky like this