Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Debbie Sue

Taking Metformin + supplements... help!

6 posts in this topic

Is there a website that lists what drugs can/cannot be taken with Metformin and/or other 'script drugs? Gotta be an easier way than calling the pharmacist. I take Metformin 2x a day and am wanting to know how soon I can take a super B complex supplement. I am also considering starting the diabetic vitamin packs but not sure how close I can take these to taking Metformin.

Arg! Meds... :confused:

Many of us routinely take vitamin supplements. I personally take Vitamin D-3 & B-12 daily, as well as the met & some other drugs. See my signature below for details.

I would suggest Drugs.com's drug & drug/food interaction checker at Drugs.com | Drug Interactions Checker, Drug Digest's interaction checker DrugDigest (see tab at the top for "interactions") or WebMD's site (select "find a drug" then click the tab for "interactions."

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but am interested in knowing also.

You mentioned a diabetic vitamin pack and I have seen reference to that on other threads and would like to know what that is as I have never heard of it.

So anyone out there what is a diabetic vitamin pack?

Many of us routinely take vitamin supplements. I personally take Vitamin D-3 & B-12 daily, as well as the met & some other drugs. See my signature below for details.

I would suggest Drugs.com's drug & drug/food interaction checker at Drugs.com | Drug Interactions Checker, Drug Digest's interaction checker DrugDigest (see tab at the top for "interactions") or WebMD's site (select "find a drug" then click the tab for "interactions."

Thanks for the help! Looks like some good info for what I need.

I take my vitamins along with my bedtime metformin dose. I take a regular One-A-Day for women, D3, fish oil and chromium.

I take metformin along with ALA, vit b complex tablet, flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, aspirin and my cholestral tablet. My A1C levels are great and I have had no troubles what so ever. I take them with both my morning and evening Mets.