Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob43

Question, What causes foam in urine?

10 posts in this topic

Wondering what causes alot of foam in my urine. I drink alot of water and wondering if this foam is from my body fat or what? I've lost at of weight in the last 7 months from drinking water and diet drinks and watching what I eat.

Rob

the big fear with foam is that it is protein. so in general, that is something to get checked.

I had that happen, and it was protein. but because I had an asymptomatic UTI, not from diabetes related kidney issues.

so either way, something to get checked.

LOTS of things.

Search on bubbles or foam urine here and you will read this question, over and over!

I did a search on here and it came back with nothing so I thought about asking a question.

Thanks, Rob

Wondering what causes alot of foam in my urine. I drink alot of water and wondering if this foam is from my body fat or what? I've lost at of weight in the last 7 months from drinking water and diet drinks and watching what I eat.

Rob

Try this - Sit on the stool (gal-style) and urinate on the bowl , not the water . Still foamy ? If not then its not protein leakage . A doctor told me this . ~Dunecat~

Try this - Sit on the stool (gal-style) and urinate on the bowl , not the water . Still foamy ? If not then its not protein leakage . A doctor told me this . ~Dunecat~

You beat me to the post button. My husband had lots of bubbles in the bowl and we were concerned. After trying to get his Dr interested enough to test for 'something' he tried sitting down to pee and NO BUBBLES. That was a relief.

Hope your problem is the same.

Janice & Husband

I was peeing in a bottle to find out how dark my urine was and it caused foam to build up. I'm going see my Diabetic doctor this Thursday and I took my three month blood test today for him to check on Thursday.

Thanks, Rob.

I was peeing in a bottle to find out how dark my urine was and it caused foam to build up. I'm going see my Diabetic doctor this Thursday and I took my three month blood test today for him to check on Thursday.

Thanks, Rob.

I wonder if maybe there was soap residue.

Is this a bottle you washed out yourself?

Thanks, Rob.

Maybe there was still some beer left.:D

It's a clean bottle with no beer. I've been having pains in my kidneys and someone told me if your urine is real dark it could be a sign of kidney problems. Mine is clear and light yellow I have found out.

Rob