Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jv2222

AIC from 10.5 to 8.5 in one month after dx - any good?

8 posts in this topic

Hiya,

Just got my A1C after one month since dx. It feels like going from 10.5 to 8.5 isn't much a of a big deal. perhaps I'm not understanding it correctly?

All thoughts and advice welcome.

Justin :)

yes it is very good. look at it this way. A1c is (roughly) a 3 month "rolling" average. so, you have in your 8.5% 2 bad months and 1 good month averaged. that would mathematically probably extrapolate to quite a nice figure in the 5%-7% range with a bit of luck. but any mathematical extrapolation would have a lot of assumptions in it.

:)

-- joel.

Think of it this way, would going from an A1c of 8.5 to 10.5 be a bad thing?

My point is, you're doing great! Any progress is good progress. Losing 2% on the A1c over the course of 1 month is fantastic!

I agree that any downward trend to your A1C is a good one! Since it's a 90 day average, you're not going to see a huge change in just one month.

Hiya,

Just got my A1C after one month since dx. It feels like going from 10.5 to 8.5 isn't much a of a big deal. perhaps I'm not understanding it correctly?

All thoughts and advice welcome.

Justin :)

Justin,

GREAT JOB!!!! In only one month you have reduced your fasting BG from a blistering 310 down to a respectable 120. You are on the right path.

However, it's not time to celebrate with a plate of pasta, but this should reinforce to you that you are on the correct path, and getting your body back to "normal BG levels.'

Remember, this is a journey, not a destination, so keep on the path and doing the right things - low carb, exercise, and meds.....

Congrats...we look forward to seeing better and better numbers!