Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kchammmy

Your Average BG Level

27 posts in this topic

I know this is far from an exact science, but I'm just curious.

Mine is 111.

I base that on my last 59 readings going back 18 days.

Best approximation: what do you think your average BG level has been over the last few weeks?

My best guess would be 130 +/-5 with my highs being morning fasting numbers. However, I have seen a two scary numbers recently when testing post-meal. So the actually number (if we could get an actual number) is probably a little higher. My lesson learned from those scary numbers is I have pretty clear evidence that a I react very badly to hamburger buns and one is bad enough to shoot my BG levels WAY too high even when that is the only significant carb source I eat.

My average over the past 30 days is 114.6 I used a program from DLife to track my BG's, and it gives me 7, 14, 30 and 90 day averages.

BTW....I still test over 8 times a day to monitor and control my BG's (without any medication).

Mine is about 100 but I only do 3 tests most days. It lines up pretty much with the Bayer HbA1c I did a few months ago

My average fasting BG for the last 30 days is 98, according to my meter.

I check my BGs between 4 and 6 times a day.

My fasting numbers are lower than my A1C which was 5.7 (approx 111).

I think your A1C is a better indication of your true fasting number, unless you have a CGMS (Type 1's correct me if I'm wrong) or are testing 12 or more times a day.

Just my $.02. :cool2:

I would say mine over the last few weeks has been 65-75. Had Lantus reduced starting last Friday. Haven't experienced any hypos like I was but I'm taking my Lantus in the morning instead of night now. I'm suppose to keep a log and fax it to the doc after 2 weeks but I think I need my Lantus reduced some more.

Last 7 days (58 tests): 88

Last 14 days (112 tests): 89

Last 30 days (250 tests): 93

That's off my meter, and includes "high" readings where I hadn't washed my hands, then washed them and retested. My SugarStats average for the past 7 days (excludes the tests for which I retested) is 86, my 14-day average is 88, and my 30-day average is 92.

My average according to my meter is 102 for 14 days.

I test any where from 5 to 8 times a day.

121- 14 days- 86 tests

117- 30 days- 150 tests (from my meter)

124- 50 days (from my log) oh and it's kind of anniversary - 50 days testing and taking Metformin...

Well, it's comforting in a way to know that I'm not the only one in 100th. I was under impression that everybody is in 80th 90th.

121- 14 days- 86 tests

117- 30 days- 150 tests (from my meter)

124- 50 days (from my log) oh and it's kind of anniversary - 50 days testing and taking Metformin...

Well, it's comforting in a way to know that I'm not the only one in 100th. I was under impression that everybody is in 80th 90th.

Yeah, exactly why I started the thread....was curious where I was approx. hanging compared to my forum-mates.

was doing good around 140 till doc gave me simivastatin.......shot up in a week to over 400...still cant get below 250 after stopping them..

Well, tomorrow will be 2 weeks from diagnosis and from starting my Metformin, embracing a low carb diet and exercising every day 30-60 minutes. My morning numbers are still a pain in the behind---147 this am and yesterday am as well. Those are the lowest morning numbers I have had. So, maybe they are declining? But just not as quickly as they had been?

My 2 hour after meals numbers are improving. I was happy to see my lowest number yet (114) but that was 4 hours after a meal. I wonder when the Metformin will start working and will I know? I am telling myself to be patient and just keep doing all the right stuff b/c it WILL make a difference. I just want instantaneous results. I know---I'm like a bratty 2 year old! :biggrin:

Two week average 108, high 235 - low 64. Only one number over 200, my novolog pen must have gotten to warm -

so it wasn't working any longer. Number of samples=90

Well, I did check my sugar a bit ago and it was a bit over 2 hours after dinner----115!!! By far the best 2 hour pp reading I have had. Hurray!!

puzlnut;691840]Well, I did check my sugar a bit ago and it was a bit over 2 hours after dinner----115!!! By far the best 2 hour pp reading I have had. Hurray!!

Good job! :congrats:

I am a Type 2

I'm on Omnipod and I check my blood glucose 6-8 times a day. My last A1C was on May 15 = 5.5%; May 3 = 5.6%

I use Humalog

avg for 7 days = 124

14-days = 122

30 days = 124

Someone here recommended the app "OnTrack". I downloaded it last week and last night I got around to loading the readings for the month of June. For June my average is a little lower than I expected: 123 for the month trending down with an average of 111 for the past week.

This is a pretty cool little app. I showed it to a fellow diabetic here at the office. He was downloading it this morning.

My fasting sugar over the last 17 days is 157. I take 1000 mg of metformin er daily and 2mg

of glimepiride daily.

According to my meter, my average bgs for the past 14 days are 85. The average for the last 30 days was 86. I sure hope my A1c reflects that because it is always a higher surprise.

I pretty much live between 70-90 with my avg being around 85. Recently since I stopped the mega amounts of fish oil my BG level has jumped up 10-15 pts over night. My FBG's were for over a month in the mid 70's, now they are in the high 80's.

Pretty steady for me. I check when I get up, after my morning walk , and before supper

Last 7 days : 100

Last 14 days : 97

Last 30 days : 100

Ah well, I guess I'm one of those whose A1C does not match his avg bg. My A1c is 5.9%, which translates to 123 mg/dl.. this is very different from the measured 100 mg/dl over 30 days