TeddySue

Are you on a diet to lose weight?

13,215 posts in this topic

How is the pain today? The omelet is wonderful, thanks for the suggestions!

TS

Much better. It still hurts a bit but tends to get worse by the end of the day, since I just got up 2h ago, I'm still good. At lunch I take aspirin, then I'm good again until like 4pm.

It tastes like a normal pancake, but if you add some sf syrup over it, it is delicious.

I wonder if any of the Di Vinci syrup would work? What kind of syrup do you use?

TS

Much better. It still hurts a bit but tends to get worse by the end of the day, since I just got up 2h ago, I'm still good. At lunch I take aspirin, then I'm good again until like 4pm.

That's wonderful to hear! Pain on top of diabetes is rough. I know. Remember, someone cares and is praying for you.

TS

terri3 likes this

I wonder if any of the Di Vinci syrup would work? What kind of syrup do you use?

TS

I tend to buy the Nature's Hollow brand, the fake honey or the fake maple syrup.

Good Morning/afternoon! Teddy sue I went on lose it site yesterday, it is really neat. I actually stayed 131 calories short of recommended. Getting ready to go swimming soon, still haven't eaten yet today, but will have to before swim. Trying to reason with my 13 year old why it's not good to sleep till noon each day and stay up late. Then he so nicely points out I too stay up late and sleep in when I can as well. I'm a night owl myself. Know this isn't a forum for teens, I can't remember how we handled it when our other son was his age, there are 15 years between them, lol. It is summer after all so maybe I should lighten up. He is a good kid.

How is everyone else doing today?

I have a question: Because you have diabetes, does your dentist see you every three months? That's how often I go because they say the insurance wants the precaution.

TS

I have a question: Because you have diabetes, does your dentist see you every three months? That's how often I go because they say the insurance wants the precaution.

TS

I don't have dental, but it is a good idea to up the visits, just in case. I'm gonna go again in a couple months. I went like a month ago.

You can also make pancakes with coconut flour. They turn out really good! Let me look for the recipe and I will post it. How was your workout today? I woke up a bit sore! And I gained 2 lbs. Hopefully it's just water. Going to do some cardio today! what about you, girls? :)

Same as yesterday for me, dani, weight lifting and a little cardio.

Considering I already had 1 hypo today, I don't wanna risk a second one with a full 50m cardio session. One scare a day is all my poor heart can take. :eek:

Same as yesterday for me, dani, weight lifting and a little cardio.

Considering I already had 1 hypo today, I don't wanna risk a second one with a full 50m cardio session. One scare a day is all my poor heart can take. :eek:

Yes, Jan. Try to test more often now that you've switched insulins, I used to go low when having my bolus still active in my system. Test, and correct if needed! :) Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Yes, Jan. Try to test more often now that you've switched insulins, I used to go low when having my bolus still active in my system. Test, and correct if needed! :) Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

I just took a 1U correction, after eating, so that should tell me how much 1U lowers me, since there is no food involved (it has already been 2 1/2h since I ate). That will help me have a better idea. Without food, 1U of R used to lower me 20 points. I'll see what will happen now. Even if it is 40 points I have a good buffer, cause I was at 150.

You can also make pancakes with coconut flour. They turn out really good! Let me look for the recipe and I will post it. How was your workout today? I woke up a bit sore! And I gained 2 lbs. Hopefully it's just water. Going to do some cardio today! what about you, girls? :)

I walked the treadmill three times today! Went up to 140 so the next two times it went down to 122 and 124. I am definitely going to up the insulin 1 unit tonight and see if I can't get the numbers down.

When you are as little as you are, it's probably water gain and not real fat.

I got up from the couch and every muscle screamed at me! OUCH! No pain, no gain.

I intend to walk again today. I am soooo glad I bought this treadmill! I would not have gone to the gym and the money for a membership would have been lost. This way I can exercise in my jammies. YES!

Looking forward to using the recipes. Thanks!

TS

Good Morning/afternoon! Teddy sue I went on lose it site yesterday, it is really neat. I actually stayed 131 calories short of recommended. Getting ready to go swimming soon, still haven't eaten yet today, but will have to before swim. Trying to reason with my 13 year old why it's not good to sleep till noon each day and stay up late. Then he so nicely points out I too stay up late and sleep in when I can as well. I'm a night owl myself. Know this isn't a forum for teens, I can't remember how we handled it when our other son was his age, there are 15 years between them, lol. It is summer after all so maybe I should lighten up. He is a good kid.

HI! I have TWO 13 yr. olds! I know exactly what you are going through... YIKES! Mine stay up with me, too; summer, for me, is to relax the rules since they don't gripe about going to be earlier on a school night. Aren't we glad we have great kids??? YES! we are.

You sound like me, finding time to eat. I ate a good breakfast and then walked the treadmill and STILL had 140 BG. UGH! I'm just going to up the insulin tonight from 25 to 26 and pray it will end there.

How did your swim go? Sounds like a lot of fun and is easy on the body. My body aches! My hips are mad at me but show them very little mercy. GOTTA GO! When I try on my clothes they hang and are baggy now. Such a nice feeling.

I hope everyone stays on top and keeps pushing forward.

TS

Hi Teddy and everyone! I am so excited about your enthusiam!

I am brand new to this site as of today and this is my 2nd post! Woohoo! I'm rollin'!

Yes, yes, yes I want to join you in the MISSION POSSIBLE for weight loss! I have been trying for years, but am officially serious as

as I was diagnosed with prediabetes and peripheral neuropathy in my legs & feet yesterday. I am goint to start Metformin 500mg and Metanx both once a day.

I also have to take zinc and vitamin d3 because my levels are so low.

A little about me: I am 39 years old. I have been married to Chuck for 15 years. I have a step-son that is like my own flesh and blood that is grown and is a firefighter. I have two husky dogs and I love to ride my bike. I also eat low carb (less than 30 a day) but my dr. wants me to increase to 20 carbs a meal. And I intake 1600 calories a day, but my dr. wants me to decrease to 1300 a day or less.

Yesterday, I rode my bike for 6 miles. It's a pretty good trek and I had to walk up one of the steep hills. My goal is to overcome that hill!!

Today, I am going to attempt for the 1st time ever to take my dog on a leash while I ride my bike. Will have to go a flatter route until I know if she is going to pull me off my bike! LOL

I am brand new to this site as of today and this is my 2nd post! Woohoo! I'm rollin'!

Yes, yes, yes I want to join you in the MISSION POSSIBLE for weight loss! I have been trying for years, but am officially serious as

as I was diagnosed with prediabetes and peripheral neuropathy in my legs & feet yesterday. I am goint to start Metformin 500mg and Metanx both once a day.

A little about me: I am 39 years old. I have been married to Chuck for 15 years. I have a step-son that is like my own flesh and blood that is grown and is a firefighter. I have two husky dogs and I love to ride my bike. I also eat low carb (less than 30 a day) but my dr. wants me to increase to 20 carbs a meal. And I intake 1600 calories a day, but my dr. wants me to decrease to 1300 a day or less.

Yesterday, I rode my bike for 6 miles. It's a pretty good trek and I had to walk up one of the steep hills. My goal is to overcome that hill!!

Today, I am going to attempt for the 1st time ever to take my dog on a leash while I ride my bike. Will have to go a flatter route until I know if she is going to pull me off my bike! LOL

Welcome!! So glad you've joined us :)

here's the low carb pancakes recipe:

Ingredients

4 eggs, room temperature

1 cup milk (raw cow’s or coconut both work)

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

a pinch of stevia

1/2 cup coconut flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

coconut oil or butter for frying

Directions

Preheat griddle over medium-low heat. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla and stevia.

In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated.

Grease pan with butter or coconut oil. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.

Serve hot with butter, coconut oil, honey, syrup, or fruit.

I walked the treadmill three times today! Went up to 140 so the next two times it went down to 122 and 124. I am definitely going to up the insulin 1 unit tonight and see if I can't get the numbers down.

When you are as little as you are, it's probably water gain and not real fat.

I got up from the couch and every muscle screamed at me! OUCH! No pain, no gain.

I intend to walk again today. I am soooo glad I bought this treadmill! I would not have gone to the gym and the money for a membership would have been lost. This way I can exercise in my jammies. YES!

Looking forward to using the recipes. Thanks!

TS

3 times! Awesome! keep it up! :) Good luck figuring out the insulin dose. I'm glad the treadmill is working for you! I'm the opposite though. I had to join the Gym because I NEVER exercise at home! I kept finding excuses to avoid it, haha. So lazy!!!

Welcome! Sounds like you have a head start on things by low carbing and bike riding. All of us are working on the weight loss journey in our own ways; some are more active than others, which means most everyone is more active than I am. LOL

We have 2 cats and one dog which are a big part of our lives. And my kids (7) are all adopted and just as my own flesh and blood; course I don't have biological children so I have nothing to compare to... which I believe is a GOOD thing.

Welcome! Read through the posts and feel free to add things. I want everyone to feel they can voice a rant as well as a suggestion. We just want to lose weight.

TS

3 times! Awesome! keep it up! :) Good luck figuring out the insulin dose. I'm glad the treadmill is working for you! I'm the opposite though. I had to join the Gym because I NEVER exercise at home! I kept finding excuses to avoid it, haha. So lazy!!!

Well, they don't come any lazier than I am, but I am making progress for the better. I'm sitting here with the first full belly I've had in 3 months. We made stuff for tacos but put the stuff on tortilla chips. I didn't use the chips but put everything on the lettuce and it was YUMMY! AHHHHH And for dessert I had a cup of raspberries and almond milk and it just hit the spot. I've still only eaten 770 calories and 30g carbs. I hope this helps my constipation. UGH! Getting ready to do the insulin and raise it one unit. The numbers were pretty straight across but in the 120s. Looking for a below 100 in the morning. Gotta stop eating so late. It's 7pm and the kitchen is closed.

TS

here's the low carb pancakes recipe:

Ingredients

4 eggs, room temperature

1 cup milk (raw cow’s or coconut both work)

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

a pinch of stevia

1/2 cup coconut flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

coconut oil or butter for frying

Directions

Preheat griddle over medium-low heat. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla and stevia.

In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated.

Grease pan with butter or coconut oil. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.

Serve hot with butter, coconut oil, honey, syrup, or fruit.

THANK YOU! Do you know the carb count (and calorie)? Would Almond milk work, too? It's amazing what can be done to lower carbs and calories. Sounds great!

TS

Ha Ha your 13 year old sounds exactly like my 13 year old. Ashleigh normally goes to bed between 1-3am and doesn't get up until around 11am.

chris mom to 4 daughters. Ashleigh 13 type 1 diabetes pumping animas ping

Today my mom, daughter Emely and myself took a walk on the bike trail. We walked for 1 hour in the heat. We were miserable. half way through the walk we could feel the sweat dripping off of our face and backs. That's what we get for taking a walk when it was 86 degrees and humid.

THANK YOU! Do you know the carb count (and calorie)? Would Almond milk work, too? It's amazing what can be done to lower carbs and calories. Sounds great!

TS

It's about 25 g carbs (net carbs, using coconut milk) and 66g total carbs. Very high in fiber!! I don't know if Almond milk would work. I like coconut milk better! Better taste and less carbs too :)

Oh, in the recipe says: serve with honey.. oh do NOT do that!! LOL. :)

Ha Ha your 13 year old sounds exactly like my 13 year old. Ashleigh normally goes to bed between 1-3am and doesn't get up until around 11am.

chris mom to 4 daughters. Ashleigh 13 type 1 diabetes pumping animas ping

We do have a lot in common!

TS

Today my mom, daughter Emely and myself took a walk on the bike trail. We walked for 1 hour in the heat. We were miserable. half way through the walk we could feel the sweat dripping off of our face and backs. That's what we get for taking a walk when it was 86 degrees and humid.

You're a braver mom than I am! Good for you both. I'm sure there were a lot of benefits to the sweating; clean those pores out! LOL At least you were faithful to your exercise. Good for you!

TS