TeddySue

Are you on a diet to lose weight?

12,760 posts in this topic

modcarb sorry to hear about the troubles

Canadian thanksgiving weekend.  it's 730 am and don't want to cook but hopefullywill want to later. chicken, gf gravy, red potato (haven't tested this) and acorn squash. Just enough for two days worth

macksvicky, modcarb, adiantum and 3 others like this

that sounds like a pain, mod :(  

hope there is nothing wrong and it goes away soon

oriana, that sounds lovely, i'll be right on over to help :)

well i guess i have been working withmy trainer 6 weeks or so and i took pics today;  my body is changing for the better tho i doubt others notice any changes yet

me, today, with the scales reading 155# even

IMG_3411.thumb.JPG.66ec7f7775586a9e63a49d633e0ce2de.JPGIMG_3416.thumb.PNG.3218e220856bd8216077fc6060be12a0.PNGIMG_3417.thumb.PNG.81d33307cf6661722cc86d7da065c9b6.PNG

alot of work still to do but i am encouraged thus far

macksvicky, meyery2k, Della Street and 4 others like this

Looking Good, Angie! I see a difference. Especially in the booty area. I am sure your internal parts are grateful for the additional stretching and moving. Your dedication is encouraging to everyone!

macksvicky, Della Street, modcarb and 2 others like this

thanks y'all ~ i hope to have a round, poppin booty by next summer :) 

today i did my 10 mins on the A.T. then swam a mile in 55 mins ~ so, that means i am getting faster with the new way of swimming ~ yay!

when i got home i did 3 sets of arm presses on our weight machine and then 3 sets of two different ab exercises on my mat and a few modified push ups

i think i prob need to train longer on mon/wed/fri or add in another day

tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day but since i didn't exercise tuesday b/c of being so tired, i may workout at home ~ i'd hate to have 2 "down" days this week ~ we'll see

keep doin' your thing, y'all!

meyery2k, modcarb, Della Street and 2 others like this

Angie,

You look great!!

An inspiration of what can be done if we work hard.

I am just trying to hang in until I get both eyes done and healed.

Not supposed to be doing anything strenuous at all.

Will have the same restrictions when I get the second eye done Thursday.

At least that is the plan until I see Dr. J Monday.

janice21475, Della Street, meyery2k and 2 others like this

i just finished one hour jogging on my trampoline

i hope all goes well with your other eye, mod

Della Street, modcarb, meyery2k and 2 others like this

java  would love to have your body. the most frustrating thing to me is not being able to go out and be active. I wanted to walk to th store yesterday but knew my body wouldn't make it so stayed home.

hovering around 298 bleh

Java, macksvicky, Della Street and 3 others like this

it is definitely frustrating when the mind is willing but the body isn't able  :(   i had that kind of day last tuesday

well poor lil man is sick ~ started running fever during the night on saturday ~ if i give him motrin it goes away and he feels better for a little bit then he goes to sleep and the fever comes back ~ he is sleeping a lot ~ he has no other symptoms so i don't know what exactly he is fighting  :(

so, there will be no gym or swimming for me today so i did this workout
(scroll down to it)

i also did chest presses and chest flies on my thing in the basement and i did some extra tricep things with dumbbells

i jogged 30 mins on my trampoline but then had to stop for a while to take care of some pressing business things ~ i need to get my other 30 mins done cuz it'll bug me not getting a full hour

i put on my step counter thing yesterday and it showed that an hour at the rate i did then netted me 3.4 miles

my lil man asked me earlier if i "got fit" because he said i looked thinner ~ lololol ~ i told him i am trying

just try to do the best you can each day ~ seriously ~ any movement is better than NONE

KEEP TRYING

:)

macksvicky, Della Street, modcarb and 3 others like this

Well I have extra large pupils so it will take longer for them to heal and get back to normal.

We are still doing the right eye Thursday.  He said I have a better than 50% chance of having

the same thing with it, but I decided I might as well have the problem in both eyes at the same

time and get it over with sooner.  I will just wear a stylish hat.  Well it's a yellow ball cap.  I got it for gardening.  lol

Went by Sprouts and got some low carb type produce.  My bgs are running too high due to stress

and I got to get them under control.  Will stay low sodium for sure just lower carb.

meyery2k, macksvicky, Della Street and 1 other like this

158.4 still,  box of all my crackers sitting away from me.  think I will walk and get my mind off of it. 

macksvicky, Della Street, modcarb and 3 others like this

good luck modcarb

so im already thinking about winter because some part are getting snow already. I worry about grocery shopping because they shut down the busses here so easily even when there is little snow. they used to drive the busses with feet of snow but no more. I worry most of all going to the store on the bus and not being able to get home-we have a dire cab situation here as well. i'm going to stock up on food at some point but have limited fridge/freezer space. pantry items are usually high carb. looking for ideas. tinned tuna, certain squashes, that one rice pasta that is ok. my freezer will be mostly frozen berries and gf bread.

modcarb, Java, macksvicky and 3 others like this

sorry about the stress, mod ~ it sure can wreak havoc on our systems :(

oriana ~ do you ever make meals and freeze them?  i love the idea of doing that but never take the time to do it

well i didn't do the other half hour on the trampoline ~ i got busy with business and then checked lil man's throat and thought i saw red bumps so took him to the dr ~ she said she didn't see anything and he tested negative for strep so we don't know what his lil system is fighting at this point ~ he sweated (is that a word?) a lot during the night and he's running about 100 right now

when we got back from the dr my back was trying to catch again (it's been doing that since friday night) so i thought i better not do the trampoline

:/

today i plan to do  day 2

not sure what to do for cardio since my back is irritable ~ lol ~ maybe just lift and no cardio today

janice21475, modcarb, macksvicky and 2 others like this

java I donthave room to freeze meals. I don't have a full size fridge so the freezer is very small

macksvicky, modcarb, Della Street and 2 others like this

Oriana,

Canned soups--read labels for carb, gluten and sodium content.

Java, macksvicky and Della Street like this

what are the low carb/ low sodium soups besides broth?

janice21475, macksvicky and Della Street like this

well i didn't do any exercise yesterday ~ my back was giving me troubles and i didn't want to risk hurting it more and being laid out on the couch

*grumbles*

i see my chiro this afternoon

my routine is so out of whack since lil man has been home sick ~ he is not running fever today but has to stay home anyways because the school wants them fever free for 24 hrs before returning

so, i may go ahead and hit the gym this morning and he can stay in the child care room ~ he likes it in there ~ we'll see

macksvicky, ran23, Della Street and 2 others like this

good luck mod!!

yesterday i did a half hour swim, 10 mins on the arc trainer and i did weights for about 25 mins

the chiro said the troubles i've been having with my left leg is my SI joint ~ i see him again today and tomorrow

i have 3 sessions left with my trainer and then will be on my own ~ i need to do more reading on workouts and see how i want to do things ~ def think i want to either do longer sessions or add another day or two

modcarb, macksvicky, janice21475 and 1 other like this

so the grain moths and mice are getting the better fo me. it feels awful to live in a place that is constantly infested. I bought a bag of rice with a ziplock top that I made sure was zipped and now its full of them. I wonder if they are coming in through this brand of rice? this is after I threw all the old food away and bleached everything. it also kills me to have to throw away so much food. im going to stop buying that brand of rice although it is the best value for brown rice. im on edge all the time about having bugs in my food and I dread going into the bins.

Della Street, modcarb, janice21475 and 1 other like this

3 hours ago, Oriana said:

so the grain moths and mice are getting the better fo me. it feels awful to live in a place that is constantly infested. . . . I wonder if they are coming in through this brand of rice?

Dear Oriana,

When you first buy rice, place it in the deep freeze for 2-3 weeks. That will kill all the eggs. Yes, the moths come with the rice we all buy. So not buy more than you can use within a month. The same with beans and other dried foods. Once I began doing this I have never had another moth. Whee!

I wish mice could be controlled as easily. Storing the items they infect inside of tin or glass containers is a BIG help.

Hope this information helps you.

Janice

macksvicky, meyery2k, modcarb and 1 other like this