TeddySue

Are you on a diet to lose weight?

12,946 posts in this topic

I don't think either of us is shamed by weight lifting, it's rather fun. I just happen to suck bigtime at biceps curls hahahaha

I don't think they even teach cursive writing anymore and that's a shame.

I only started keeping notes about what I'm doing because Angie got me into it since she does such a good job of keeping track of what she does and it shows progress when you can look back to see what you started with, that's a good thing because I would never remember.

janice21475, Seagal, TX_Clint and 3 others like this

Vicky,

Maybe, I should re-inturpet my post.

"Forget being shamed by the exercise you and Java are doing - both of you keep such neat notes. Your early teachers did a wonderful job teaching you that vanishing skill - cursive writing.  If I were to post anything I had hand written I doubt if anyone could read it."

It is me (or, it is I??) who is forgetting the exercise shame and focusing on writing ability. You both have nothing to be shamed about with your exercise. Much to be happy about the writing skills.

Hugs, j

macksvicky, modcarb, meyery2k and 1 other like this

Ditto what Janice said.

I can type faster than I can write. I actually get hand cramps if I write more than an page. :)

modcarb, janice21475, meyery2k and 1 other like this

It seems the  inactivity of  the past month has thickened my waist.

Getting dressed to go out yesterday, I couldnt find the jeans that used to be too big for me.

At last I can use most of my left hand now so I can prepare salads.

Trying to eat a salad that had been prepared one handed mustve been so unsightly ,that even my dog turned his head away when I was eating.

ran23, meyery2k, Seagal and 2 others like this

janice ~ thank you for mentioning about the water retention due to the injured hamstring ~ i had completely forgotten that the body holds onto water to heal

as for my neck situation ~ the two opinions that i've gotten thus far is that my neck is really bad and i should have the surgery

my regular doctor's nurse just had this surgeon do her back surgery a couple months ago and she loves him and his staff ~ said he did a really great job ~ my chiro says this surgeon does the cleanest work around and that he is the one he would have do his surgery if he were to need it

seagal ~ i will look that book up and read it ~ thank you for the info!

miss V ~ you cranked out another awesome long-azz session ~ good for you girlie!!

modcarb, Seagal, janice21475 and 2 others like this

Well with all the great recommendations, if you choose to have the surgery you can be confident that you have a good surgeon :)

OK, I just gotta know, what is a Rope Triceps Pull? LOL

Yesterday was pretty much the same cardio: 15 minutes on the summit trainer, 1 hour on the treadmill (upped the elevation) and 1-1/2 hours on the bike.

Not sure how much weight lifting I'll do this afternoon....I woke up at 2am hurting sooooo bad and had the worst nightmare ever, finally fell back to sleep around 4am.

Seagal, Java, janice21475 and 2 others like this

rope tricep pull

5a0c7d49de202_ropetriceppull1.thumb.jpeg.c49fac67a29bfd0a322bfa635d63dc96.jpeg

rope tricep push down:

Triceps-Rope-Push-down.thumb.png.e0c74f9d4dd87015ff978166961be9df.png

yesterday's workout:

5a0c7f42c91b7_IMG_3585(2).thumb.JPG.0b39022c5ef98147df85b17668587cbf.JPG

today's workout:

5a0c7f658a405_IMG_3586(2).thumb.JPG.1bb74c553a4d84e6f6e1f4664b113419.JPG

so last night i made messed up fat bombs (peanut butter, kerry gold butter, HWC, dark cocoa pwdr and sf smores syrup)  ~ not sure how you can mess up a fat bomb, but i did ~ the mixture seemed to seize in the pan so i thought, "hmm, lemme add more butter to thin it out" and i did but then it didn't want to incorporate into it very well ~ so......they taste fine but aren't pretty to look at

i had one of these 35 mins before my workout to see if it would carry me through the whole thing and sure nuff, it did! 

5a0c808da16e3_IMG_3587(2).thumb.JPG.900adb7503b6168548d460d916ecd725.JPG

miss V ~ if you are so sore, maybe you need an extra rest day?  no shame in letting your body rest a bit longer

meyery2k, janice21475, modcarb and 3 others like this

Thanks Angie!  A few weeks ago they put up one of those all in one machines that look like the pic you attached and the guys seem to really enjoy it, I watch sometimes and am impressed at the pounds they use to work all kinds of muscle areas. One of these days when the gym is empty I might just sneak over and try it out hahahaha My triceps sure could use some muscle to fill in all the bat wing thing I got going on. :P

Your workouts sure look mighty good there!  I'm so impressed with your range of machines, free weights and what you're doing with everything! Wow, just look at you go!

I'm feeling just sore right now, not like the hurting from last night so I might just do 3 sets instead of 5 or lower some of the weights, whatever works with no body damage :)

Oh, the fat bombs....actually the one you have pictures looks really interesting :) Besides, if it tastes good and work to keep you going, that's what counts. Success that they carried you through your workout! Which reminds me, I still have some fat bombs in the freezer here at work hmmmmmm No protein but also none of the calories that the almonds I sometimes eat.

janice21475, Java, modcarb and 2 others like this

Yesterday I did take it easy on the arms, feels a lot better and I'm barely sore :)  As I was almost finished a woman came out of the room they use for Zumba, line dancing, yoga, etc. she told me I just had to come to the pool to try Aqua Zumba, the only after work class they have is on Wednesday from 6:15 to 7:15 but I got their about 6:30 and stayed till 7. Zumba is not any easier in water! But it was fun. I think I'll start doing the class after weights on Wednesdays. If I don't finish all the weights I can do them afterwards or make them up on Thursdays.

Everything at the gym is free, including the pool and the sauna except for trainers and any of the classes that are offered. But the classes are only $3 each or $27 for a 10 class punch card or $55 for a month's worth of unlimited classes and they have all kinds of classes going on every day.

I think I'll go with the $27 10 class punch card option :)

Nov 15.jpg

adiantum, janice21475, Java and 3 others like this

super awesome job, miss V!

today's workout: 

IMG_3589.thumb.JPG.12bb87eb458ecaa68f53fbb7edd1d631.JPG

the 21st is picture day to see if i have made any visible progress from last month

macksvicky, ran23 and meyery2k like this

Super awesome job right back at ya! I'm not due for pics till Friday, Dec 1st. Hopefully something shows by then LOL

janice21475, Java and meyery2k like this

Whoa, what a workout! I have no clue what half of that is, but it looks impressive :D Is your hamstring calming down any?

Yesterday was 20 minutes on the Summit, 1-1/2 hours on the treadmill and 1-1/2 hours on the bike. Funny how on my cardio days the weight machine hall is a ghost town.

Java likes this

the DB is just dumbbell abbreviated ~ i was getting tired of the machines and wanted to still work my shoulders and chest but with the free weights today to mix it up a bit

the weight amount isn't much, i know, but i was tired after each exercise

i asked dean (works there but is also a trainer) about the hamstring and he brought out the roller thing and showed me how to use it and i will be ordering one today ~ it's called a rumble roller and they come in different sizes ~ basically you roll around on it and it gives you quite a deep muscle massage ~ he says he uses his everyday ~ he said get the blue one, not the black one as that one is quite harsh and football players shouldn't even use that one

:)

miss V ~ reading about all your cardio tired me out! 

macksvicky likes this

I've wondered about the rollers bc Im too big to be able to stretch-fat gets in the way and i cant bend. But then i think am i too big to be able to use the roller?

this is the one here ~ the longest one is 31" wide ~ you just put it under whatever part needs to be massaged

he said it is really helpful with sciatic and had me try it and just the little bit i did helped loosen it up

gotta be careful when using it because he said you can really bruise yourself ~ said when he first started using it he had bruises on him and it looked like he had the plague or something ~ LOL

macksvicky likes this

Vicky & Angie, your exercise notes reminded me of the "comp book" that I was using when doing weights, etc.  I was about your age then, it brings back memories:)

Vicky, the Aqua Zumba sounds like fun!

when I had my knee replacements, dh made me a roller like you describe.  He put circles of cut poly pipe on a length of pipe and the therapists were jealous and said he should market them.  I've used them for many other aches & pains since the knee surgeries.

Oriana, I wouldn't think there would be a weight limit on using the hand-held rollers.  Anywhere you can (or want) to roll, it will do it:)  You can sit & roll away!

Ran, I hope you feel better soon, been going on a while, huh?  Congratulations on the weight loss!!

macksvicky and Java like this