TeddySue

Are you on a diet to lose weight?

13,343 posts in this topic

yes java i can eat some beans. the beans pasta doesnt have much flavor but a serving for one i have is 11 net carbs i think? they are much more expensive here also than rice pasta.

mod i am so sorry you are back in trouble with drugs!!

so i was shocked to get on the scale just now and get a 303.4!! i hope this reading sticks. I would love to be under 300 by end of jan. working my way through all that veg

modcarb, Java, macksvicky and 1 other like this

Oriana,

Small goals work well.

I want to be under 280 by the end of January.

janice21475, Java, adiantum and 1 other like this

Yay modcarb, losing weight and good BS numbers :)

No gym pics to post, did not go to the gym last night. My boss shared whatever respiratory  crapola he's got. I think I'll have to invest in rubber gloves and surgical masks. It took me 3 weeks to get over the flu, I hope this is not going to be so stubborn!

modcarb, janice21475 and Java like this

yay for y'all's weight loss!!

sorry you are sick again, miss V - that stinks :(

re: measuring vs. scales...i dont trust myself to measure correctly; i feel like i would suck in inadvertantly or pull the tape too tight and my measurements would not be true

the scales keep me aware 

that is probably faulty thinking but that is my take on it fornow anyways - lol

just finished working out - i sure have lost strength and stamina over those 3 weeks i didn't work out; berrrry frustrating but i will build back up again

lesson learned

use it or you lose it, fast

IMG_4146.thumb.JPG.733b0cd13b153600e42571b56f1fb95d.JPG

janice21475, modcarb and macksvicky like this

holding on to 159.8.  rearranging my meals today.  something different. 

modcarb, Java and macksvicky like this

Great workout Angie! You'll build back up to where you were in no time! The scales will give you a rough idea of progress along with how your clothes fit. Tape measures are not mandatory LOL 

modcarb, janice21475 and Java like this

Ive never heard of the egg fast java

up 1 pd but probably fluid. good luck to us all today with our goals. i couldnt sleep last night and so did the dishes at midnight and it was nice to wake up to a clean sink!

macksvicky, janice21475, modcarb and 2 others like this

yes a clean kitchen is always a good start for the day!

todays workout - it had me sweating and breathing hard so it felt good;  a little bit closer to where i was before the long break

IMG_4147.thumb.JPG.2193a5a961fac476893388b337627f33.JPG

macksvicky, modcarb and janice21475 like this

Still under 160, things take so long at my age.  lite lunch in my future. 

adiantum, modcarb, Java and 1 other like this

today's exercise = 1 hr jogging on trampoline

currently binging on a show called peaky blinders on netflix

modcarb, macksvicky and janice21475 like this

301.8!!  I was dying to be in the 302's today and I got this. I think the atkins peanut butter cups are helping. I was addicted to junk again and even tho these are very small it's that little something I can have. And Ive managed to not have more than 1 a day

Java, janice21475, macksvicky and 2 others like this

I'm struggling with  choosing wrong foods trying to keep cool yet with limited activity.

Oriana a neighbour called in for me to buy her husband a belt on ebay & I thought it was you that wanted one.

This type will last longer then plastic.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X253324719986.TRS0&_nkw=253324719986&_sacat=0

meyery2k, macksvicky and modcarb like this

yay for the losses, y'all

well that macadamia nut milk is beyond awful and down the sink it went

ew ew ew!!

no exercise for me today - i've been crazy exhausted for some reason

janice21475, macksvicky, modcarb and 1 other like this

thank you adiantum but i dont need a belt anymore. i popped a new hole in the one i have and now that im losing weight im not going to buy anything new. i'll see how much weight i can get off. i was so happy to get jeans but now i'll be back in sweatpants to go through size changes.

java people rave about nut milk and i dont think it is good. almond milk is ok on its own but in tea it is terrible. i don't know if i wrote here about the pea milk i tried? ugh. back on dairy.

modcarb, Java, macksvicky and 1 other like this

i like vanilla almond milk and use that for my smoothies but i don't think it is good in hot coffee/ could maybe get away with using it in iced if i run out of half & half

i tried cashew milk once and it was good but certainly not for coffee or tea, i wouldn't think

meyery2k, macksvicky and modcarb like this

Thanks for the macadamia nut milk review java... Thats how I found almond milk.

Ethically, I just cant use cows milk knowing those poor cows are forced into a pregnancy, & then her babies are snatched away from her so humans can have her milk.

I wear enough guilt when I eat cheese or cream  & even when recently having frozen yogurt blocks I would say sorry to the bovine world.

I dont like black tea, so its woe is me :)

Glad your on the downing  side Oriana

meyery2k, modcarb, Java and 3 others like this

Wow Angie, I would have thought macadamia nut milk would be good based on the actual nut.  I remember when nearly two years ago you helped me figure out how to prepare almond milk so I could enjoy it.  It must be awful lol...

Edited by meyery2k
modcarb, Java and macksvicky like this

One thing I found interesting that was discussed during out drought in CA we grow a lot of nuts here ( yes the people kind too) I have see figures that say it takes almost 1000 gallons of water to produce a gallon of almond milk, other nuts can be worse. 

macksvicky likes this

Interesting fact.  I have also seen a statistic where it requires 2,000 gallons of water to produce 1 gallon of dairy milk.

macksvicky likes this

Is this the water  used to irrigate the pastures that the cows graze upon & does it take into that which the bull consumes?

We have the same illogical process of growing cotton in our drought regions & a study  is in progress to ascertain if they are using water allocated for human consumption

Edited by adiantum
macksvicky and ran23 like this