Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pcramer1

Low Carb Pizza

20 posts in this topic

Hello to all the newbies and welcome to the club.. I'll be short and to the point. Google "cauliflower pizza crust". If you like pizza and you want to keep your blood sugar low then this is the only way to go. You'll really love it I promise>>>:

The cauliflower crust was created by the woman who writes the "Your Lighter Side" LC blog. She's had a zillion copycats and tweakers, but hers is the original recipe. :)

Just wanted to throw that out there, because she often doesn't get credit for it, and I always feel bad for her. LOL

Does it taste as good as real pizza?
I have not made it, but it seems obvious a crust made from a veg will not taste the same as one made from wheat. But the topping can be as good. We need to adjust.

The cauliflower crust was created by the woman who writes the "Your Lighter Side" LC blog. She's had a zillion copycats and tweakers, but hers is the original recipe. :)

Just wanted to throw that out there, because she often doesn't get credit for it, and I always feel bad for her. LOL

Thank you, I get tired of the copy cats posting stuff as if they invented it.

For a delicious thin crust I use this, and even my husband, who is a hard-core carbivore :} finds it delicious.

She has a deep dish also, but I use this thin crust.

Maria's Nutritious and Delicious Journal: Pizza Crust and FACTS on "HEALTHY CHOICE" Pizza

I have also used half almond flour and half coconut and used all coconut flour. We give it 2 thumbs up!

For a delicious thin crust I use this, and even my husband, who is a hard-core carbivore :} finds it delicious.

She has a deep dish also, but I use this thin crust.

Maria's Nutritious and Delicious Journal: Pizza Crust and FACTS on "HEALTHY CHOICE" Pizza

I have also used half almond flour and half coconut and used all coconut flour. We give it 2 thumbs up!

That looks delicious. I'm getting my pizza craving on here.

That looks delicious. I'm getting my pizza craving on here.

I also smoosh it flat on a greased cookie sheet or smoosh blops in my mini muffin pan and have either square or round crackers!

I have been a fan of all the Maria things I have tried.

Original Cauliflower Crust Pizza | Your Lighter Side

Thanks Vilya what a great find, tons of fantastic low carb recpies.

I use her blog and Linda Sue's "Linda's Low Carb" site the most for recipes. They are delicious!

Check out the microwave single-serve cheesecake that was just posted a few days ago on Your Lighter Side. WOW! It was soooo good!

oh I will check that out, its my b day this week, & I am determined to have a piece of cake, this cheese cake should do the trick :)

I love the flatouts but they do not work for me, I have to stick to only one half at a time, so I no longer bother. All the commercial breads & tortillas will spike me, even if they are listed as low carb. SO make sure you meter agrees.

on a brighter note, we tried the one minute cheese cake & it was awesome.

moonpie what is that recipe again?? i went looking for the cheesecake one and could not find it

thanks

susan

Minute Microwave Cheesecake | Your Lighter Side

It really is easy to make & tastes as good as the cheese cakes that I remember eating many years ago. oh or maybe the passage of time has changed my taste buds, but anyhow, I really recommend it. We had it with a few strawberries & some cream, no crust.

Apologies to OP for the threadjack ;)

thanks moonpie...and thanks original poster i have not made this pizza for so long and it was really good.....the people i worked with loved it too

susan