Java

Daily Chat

11,873 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! There was a group of us who liked to chat on the diet thread and often went off topic (oopsy) - I miss the daily goings on of everyone so I thought maybe we could take up here? (and of course, everyone is welcome)

I know TS started the emotional support thread (thank you!) and I thought we could have this one for just 'whatever' chit chat stuff.

Hope to see you here!

:)

macksvicky and jims_forum like this

OK I'm in. Today the DC Nats (baseball) are on TV! They need to sweep the Royals. It's sunny, I like the music on the weather channel "local on the 8,s". I want someone to make me an omelette. I have to go to wally world today (yuck, it's like 5 football fields long to get this that and the other). I wanna go to Fla in feb. '14. I hope the Bears go 16-0 in football! Any one like college football? My Va Tech Hokies play Alabama this Saturday in Atlanta. Go Hokies!

My motorcycle is filthy. Washing it is a PITA and it's better to not get it wet all the time, it can't swim. The rocks on my hearth are much harder than my toes, but not as hard as my head. Gotta get a thumb drive and download an update for my truck. I hope there's a new girl talking to me cause the old one is drunk all the time. I like golf. Hope the pain in your neck goes away, Java.

debster21564 likes this

I'm tired of pool duty and garden duty. I love my grand babies. I'm tired of being the one who has to do all the cooking in our house. Wish someone would cook me a home cooked meal. I love fall weather. I wish weekends were longer. I run out of weekend before I get finish my todo list. I wish my daughter in law would hurry up and have this baby so we can go camping. I love my DF family. I think I have posted that before.

Moonpie likes this

The moving sale just didn't happen (monsoon like rain all last week & threats of it this weekend). Guess I'll have to pack up the garage sale stuff & have a sale once we're in the new house. DH is dragging his feet on a couple of things that HAVE to be done before we can move (what the cluck can I do to motivate him?) See what I did there? (I saw that on a tee shirt over on Pinterest: "What the cluck" & there's a b&w drawing of a rooster, hen & 2 or 3 chicks).

eta: btw, I like the idea of coming here for a daily cuppa java & chat ;)

Stl-T2 likes this

My $4 orchid that I bought off the sale table at Lowe's is perking up, putting out new shoots and leaves. I have always wanted to try orchids but refused to pay ridiculous prices for them. 2 clematis vines that I thought were dead are putting out leaves. My african violets that I bought for $1 each because they were half dead now need to be repotted.

I need to bake a loaf of paleo bread. I ate wheat rolls with my breakfast this morning and am now regretting it, not only do I have a tummy ache but my sugar is higher than I want it to be. I know better than to do that! *slaps self on wrist*.

Moonpie and starling1 like this

Oh, Janet I *love* orchids! Am planning on having some in the master bath at our new house. (I guess it'll resemble a Mexican restaurant because I'm planning on growing philodendron up the walls & trellis it across the ceiling...I like the idea of a jungley-spa like space...)

oh yay! ppl came!!

*claps happily*

lil guy and i helped the hubster a lil bit outside this mornin - i just finished ironing teen's new suit for church - been sittin grumpily reading my book and law & order is on tv - gonna rip the membranes off two racks of baby back ribs, season them, wrap em in foil and toss em in the oven while the fam is at church then hubs can throw em on the grill for 15 mins when he gets home

Java-

If you thread it...they will come...(Field of Dreams)

My hubby actually took pity on my sick arse today and cleaned the whole house!!! Thank you, God!

Weather is cooler today in GA, maybe more like high 70's instead of 90's and it's breezy and dry. All is better than yesterday!

jims_forum likes this

Special day today, August 25th. Celebrating 27 years of marriage. The last 20 years have been wonderful...I haven't seen her since 1993. Once every few years she'll send me an e-mail asking how I'm doing. I lie to her and tell her I miss her.

"Happy Anniversary, sweetheart..." :whistling

TX_Clint and jims_forum like this

Hey, GAgirl-where are you at in the Peach state? (I'm from a little town near Jacksonville, FL & live 1 town farther away)

My motorcycle is filthy. Washing it is a PITA and it's better to not get it wet all the time, it can't swim.

Ooo what kind? Motorcycles have too many places to clean. And spoke wheels are the worst!

Ooo what kind? Motorcycles have too many places to clean. And spoke wheels are the worst!

Evo Wide Glide. Put a slotted solid wheel on the rear years ago 'cause if a nail happens to get in the way a road repair plug is do-able without removing it. Replaced the spokes on the front with stainless steel. They're (both) much easier to clean and they still look good compared with the pitted stock ones. If the nail finds the front tire in the middle of BFE (I've been there) it can be fixed. Always carry a spare tube and a couple of tire tools for the front, or a cell phone and hope you've got five bars.

I don't ever wash the bike with water unless it gets nasty from being in the rain. It might not always look as nice but from a mechanical POV it's better. Worst part is drying the bike, water always finds a home in the nooks. A hand held electric leaf blower gets most of the water off, but not all. Read: rust. I hate chrome.

Do you ride?

Love the new thread. My wolf coffee cup is too big for the Keurig coffee pot maker.

The only way we can fit my husband's Suburban in the garage is if we rip out the 10x10 office he built out there.

I'm tired of getting up at 4:30 to leave for work at 5:30

But my blessings lately !!!!! I learned hands-on what some native plants look like. We went to a Spanish Colonial living museum from the 1700's. It was heritage days. They had the wolf sanctuary there also. Dh bought me a stuffed wolf cub to go with my wolf coffee cup I got from them 4 years ago. That made me get my coffee cup out only to find out it doesn't fit he Keurig. So I fill a smaller cup, try to catch it before it overflows and transfer to my wolf cup. My rough life.

While there I learned what Navajo Tea looked like. I thought I knew but only had pictures to go off of.

Today I played First Aider for a Boy Scout event.

Tomorrow i get up too early to go to a job I'm happy to have.

JanetP likes this

i'm having COFFEE and it tastes so yummy!

my neck is still hurting really bad and making me have a headache so i will call the chiropractor today - i also hurt my knee somehow and so it hurts and is a little swollen

hmmm.....i have a little work to do in the office today (self employed - office in basement)

need to get the oil changed in my jeep and have the tires rotated

so fun, huh?

lol

How is it that bad office coffee can still be so delicious?!? Or maybe not delicious... it's that that feeling of holding the hot cup, while the warm liquid flows down your throat and into your soul.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(5 days until the 3-day weekend -- let the countdown begin!!)

Goodness...all this coffee talk. I better put a pot on. I heard comments at work about the "customer's " coffee so I think I'll just drink mine at home and leave theirs alone.

I had an early morning visit from my 6-yr-old granddaughter. Made my day. I am also looking forward to a 3-day weekend. Wish my DIL would hurry up and have the baby. Ready to meet the lil guy and go camping. Don't look like he wants to get on my schedule.

meyery2k and JanetP like this

I woke up early and had no aches and it was weird and unusual for me, so I felt like I was laying in a cloud...was nice. Made a blueberry crumb cake Low carb from a recipe someone posted or I don't remember how I got it and it will be only 2.5 carbs per slice. 16 small slices. Can't wait to taste it at lunch!! Going to be a good day!

meyery2k likes this

sheeeeeesh, what a long day!! chiropractor got my back and neck to pop so that is good - put a thing on my spine between my shoulder blades that has meds on it - i'm in a tank top so i've been running around town all day lookin like someone stuck a maxi pad to my back!!! ROFL!!! oh wells.........gonna see him again tomorrow at 3

been run run running all day - just got home and popped an icy beer and takin a five min breather before i start making fajitas - mmmm mmmm gooooood

:D

meyery2k and Aduccembimb like this

:rofl:Hope you feel better soon and just know running around with a mxi pad on your back shows that you are a truly unique person and no one can take that from you!:beer:

meyery2k likes this