Java

Daily Chat

11,496 posts in this topic

Home from work. Suffering the crash after insomnia. I've noticed as I get older I have 2 days before my cycle where I have insomnia and then 2 days of sleeping 9 hrs a day. Wasn't an issue until I went back to work. I want to stay up and take these few hours before dh get's home to clean, but think I'll take a nap.

meyery2k likes this

SO is not working this week, and I just found out that he will be serving grilled veggies and scallops for dinner, and that tomorrow we are going out to dinner for "date night"

I could get used to having a "wife" at home!!! :D

Stl-T2 and meyery2k like this

OK gals, man just entered...I meditated this sunny afternoon and walked in the morning. Mom emailed me they are retuning from Michigan next week! Dinner, gonna fire up that grill, nice and hot, cook a NY strip and a chicken breast (breast for tomorrow). salad as usual, went to raid neighbor's veggie garden but no ripe tomatoes. But aplenty on the way. green peppers and romaine lettuce. Bought fresh eggs. Omellete tomorrow.

Ima drinkin a cold beverage, and it aint a soda!

meyery2k likes this

Home from work. Suffering the crash after insomnia. I've noticed as I get older I have 2 days before my cycle where I have insomnia and then 2 days of sleeping 9 hrs a day. Wasn't an issue until I went back to work. I want to stay up and take these few hours before dh get's home to clean, but think I'll take a nap.

I cannot sleep either 2-3 days before and so I totally get this!

meyery2k likes this

JC good to see you here. I'm not finding tomatoes at any of my local markets. None are being passed around, none are being given to me. Just a bad year for tomatoes all around here. I'll have 1 ready for tomorrow, but a poor season even for me.

One of my favorite meals is steak and salad. and a beer. Tonight is beef and broccoli. I'll make rice for the son and ramen for the hubby. I usually have to fight the boy for the broccoli, he eats it like candy.

meyery2k likes this

Hi Sunshine!

Here in VA we have had so much rain everything is just so lush and beautiful! I'm a man who loves a juicy steak and a cold beer! Bring it! Ballgame is on TV tonite...go Cardinals!

JC good to see you here. I'm not finding tomatoes at any of my local markets. None are being passed around, none are being given to me. Just a bad year for tomatoes all around here. I'll have 1 ready for tomorrow, but a poor season even for me.

One of my favorite meals is steak and salad. and a beer. Tonight is beef and broccoli. I'll make rice for the son and ramen for the hubby. I usually have to fight the boy for the broccoli, he eats it like candy.

meyery2k likes this

Wish I could work a regular day shift job. Best thing about being up all night is.......give me a minute...still thinking. Oh, yea, you never hear the alarm clock go off at 3:45 PM b/c you're awake at 1:00 PM. Flip-flopping is tuff on old farts.

Just happy I've got a job.

I wanna beer.

meyery2k likes this

hi there evverboddy!

pretty morning here at my place, hot, yummy coffee - mmmmmmm! i brewed some chai tea last night so i could have it iced later this afternoon with heavy cream and some sf vanilla torani in it - hope it's yummy! i used to buy the concentrate but obviously can't have that now - hope this tastes similar enough to be DELICIOUS!

today for me will be housework, laundry, some officework and then back to the chiropractor at 3

i've never ridden a motorcycle but am dying to - maybe one of these days i'll get a chance

meyery2k likes this

A friend was going to meet me for breakfast at the local cafe & then come over & help me pack/clean (she's a professional cleaner) but she's got a baaaaad cold so had to bow out. I did go for breakfast (& dragged along DD) but although the meal was gluten-free, I think the food got cross contaminated (the grill they cooked my corned beef hash & homefries on they also make pancakes etc on) never bothered me before but this morning it hit me like a BIG-WHAMMY & my tummy is just soooo sore!

And I STILL have to pack & clean. oh yuck!

meyery2k likes this

....I hate chrome.

Do you ride?

I rode for about 30 years. Most of which was rain or shine. Put more miles on the cycle than the car. Stopped about 5 years ago. Not sure why, just kinda got out of it. I still have it though..83 BMW R65LS. I always wanted an old BMW. Now I have one! I just had to wait 25 or 30 years.

I hate chrome too. I have 3 pieces of chrome, the rear shocks and headlight chrome ring.

meyery2k likes this

I used to ride too!! But I finally got thrown so hard my arse hurt for a week so I quit but one of my partners still ropes at 62... me thinks he's crazy. I was never a big fan of motorcycles... I smile too much and can't take the wind or bugs.

meyery2k likes this

if i rode, i'd HAVE to have a pink sparkly helmet - shimmerin and bein all cute and girly

meyery2k likes this

New guy just moved into the next office

We have an "out of the way" hallway -- only 5 offices, and there have only been 3 of us in them for the last year or so.

The 3 of us are very compatible, have similar (QUIET) styles, and work on the same projects.

New guy feels like an intruder. It's upsetting my zen..............

(haven't even met him yet, as he's in a different department and he seems to be in an all-week training class)

meyery2k likes this

if i rode, i'd HAVE to have a pink sparkly helmet - shimmerin and bein all cute and girly

Back when I was much much younger my ex husband rode and I would hang on the back. We did not have face shields on our helmets and he would duck the bugs and let them hit me. do you wonder why he is now my ex?

Aduccembimb likes this

janet - what a dweeb! and i'd have to have a faceshield cause i'm just not into eatin creepy crawlies

got my kitchen cleaned and house is straightened - laundry is in dryer - popped some advil cause my stupid shoulder is hurting - sippin on some iced chai - it is weak though so i'm going to double up on the bags tonight and maybe steep a bit longer - i really miss the oregan chai concentrate - boo hoo hoo

next up = paperwork - wheeee!

moneymeister likes this

... I smile too much and can't take the wind or bugs.

I hate the wind too. That's what full face hetmets are for. Well that and saving your face when you go down. BTW my motto is "if you're gonna ride, you gotta be willing to fall once in a while"

moneymeister likes this

I hate the wind too. That's what full face hetmets are for. Well that and saving your face when you go down. BTW my motto is "if you're gonna ride, you gotta be willing to fall once in a while"

Let's say it in unison...."Dress for the fall, not for the ride!"

moneymeister likes this

I used to ride too!! But I finally got thrown so hard my arse hurt for a week so I quit but one of my partners still ropes at 62... me thinks he's crazy.

I almost climbed on the back of a bull. Was young, dumb and full of Tennessee sour mash at a local bar that did rodeo's from time to time. Told them cowboys I wanted to try it, and they said yea, ok, why not. As the time got closer for me to go and the bull got bigger, I took another drink........and my GF SCREAMED that, "EVEN IF YOU BREAK YOUR STUPID NECK YOU'RE GONNA TAKE ME HOME 'CAUSE I'M TOOO DRUNK TO DRIVE!!"

I hate we broke up that girl had some smarts, AND TREMENDOUS DIPLOMATIC SKILLS. ;-)

moneymeister likes this

Late to this thread. I have not had much going on the last few days, lol.

Today, my son went back to school. He was so nervous and came home grumbling. "The only parts I liked were recess, lunch and reading time." He loves books and reading. Oy! he is going to be a tough customer wrt school. he is in 4th grade. My daughter goes back tomorrow. She is in 8th grade and so excited. Wanted to go back a week ago. She actually went in for a couple of hours today to help a favorite teacher set up her room. She is a good kid.

I am planning on some fresh low carb cooking tomorrow. Got me a cabbage and going to make some cabbage rolls with ground lamb. Anyone got a favorite recipe? I will omit the rice, maybe use a small amount of cous cous, or oats, or no grain at all. Then there is just the tomatoes with carbs, and whatever is in cabbage. First time making these. Had a hankering ever since being served some a couple of weeks ago at my in-laws. they were tasty, but too much rice for me to make for regular consumption.

My wheat free eating has me down a coupla pounds. Really, just a couple, BUT, I am in shorts that have not fit me since late summer 2011! When I weighed less, or about the same. So, it does seem to do something with the belly fat. I feel less poochy in my belly. Also feel pretty good overall. More energy.

So, not much other chit chat for today.

Seagal and moneymeister like this

When I was in college, it was when "Urban Cowboy" had just come out. There was a bar that had the mechanical bull. You hadda sign a release form to do it. Well I did. Fell flat on my *** in about 3 seconds. I was so drunk I didn't care, but at least I had the sense to not go again.

I almost climbed on the back of a bull. Was young, dumb and full of Tennessee sour mash at a local bar that did rodeo's from time to time. Told them cowboys I wanted to try it, and they said yea, ok, why not. As the time got closer for me to go and the bull got bigger, I took another drink........and my GF SCREAMED that, "EVEN IF YOU BREAK YOUR STUPID NECK YOU'RE GONNA TAKE ME HOME 'CAUSE I'M TOOO DRUNK TO DRIVE!!"

I hate we broke up that girl had some smarts, AND TREMENDOUS DIPLOMATIC SKILLS. ;-)

My cat gets hairballs...he's yackin and hackin...Anybody know a good catfood to help him? I feed him Purina Natural Essential.

Training was kinda boring today. I made lists in class and then lists of lists. I confess I'm a list maker. But it helps. Instead of walking in the door after work and not knowing where to start, my list says to start a load of laundry, then make sure meat is defrosting for dinner and clean one thing in the bathroom.

Still waiting on word if I got a volunteer position with CERT. They were to announce last Friday but had a few late minute interviews and would let us know. UGH, hate waiting.

I want to go camping so bad. DH got to go with his dad just 2 weeks ago. Not fair. Hoping to have at least 3 more camping trips before snow falls. Camping and D isn't hard. Camping and low carb isn't hard but both require a different packing list than I've always used in the past.

Seagal likes this

My cat gets hairballs...he's yackin and hackin...Anybody know a good catfood to help him? I feed him Purina Natural Essential.

I used to get this stuff called "Laxatone Tuna" from the vet....our long haired kitty LOVED the stuff & it really helped the problem.

Get a dog

ours follows the cats around and cleans up when they deposit treats -- problem solved!!!!

(or, if that's too complex an ecosystem for you, add any sort of fish oil on top of their regular food)