Java

Daily Chat

11,496 posts in this topic

Thank you MsM! I see I can get off amazon, but Ima gonna check my local pet store first. Poor baby has been having a terrible time.

I used to get this stuff called "Laxatone Tuna" from the vet....our long haired kitty LOVED the stuff & it really helped the problem.

I want to go camping so bad. DH got to go with his dad just 2 weeks ago. Not fair. Hoping to have at least 3 more camping trips before snow falls. Camping and D isn't hard. Camping and low carb isn't hard but both require a different packing list than I've always used in the past.

Hi Sunshine. What kind of camping do y'all do?

My idea of it is strapping basic gear on the bike, and rolling. Have done a couple of rides/camping trips on the far side of the Mississippi, and loved it. '05 was last really good ride. Solo to Sturgis, Yellowstone, Utah, Colorado and back home. 18 days, 5,500 miles. Did a motel 3 nights total, the rest was out of the tent.

Don't know if I'll ever do that again, but it was very memorable and great for my head.

Interested now in something like a pop-up slide in truck camper (4x4) after I retire. Would love to boondog way off the beaten path. Been lurking on a site, and getting a plan together.

Think I could manage the Type2 ok. Would be interested to know what special things you take camping to take care of the D.

Good luck with the CERT thing.

Get a dog

ours follows the cats around and cleans up when they deposit treats -- problem solved!!!!

(or, if that's too complex an ecosystem for you, add any sort of fish oil on top of their regular food)

Peggy, a dog is out of the question! I live in town with leash laws and I can't do a 4 am poopie walk!:)

Hey y'all. Just saw this thread and thought I'd join the fun!

Sitting here sipping on Absolute Citron on the rocks. Long day today. Left the house at 6:00am to take our dog for chemo. 2 hours each way. The bright side is we got to have breakfast with our daughter who is a junior at Univ of FL.

By the way, before our cat croaked, our dog did a good job of keeping the litter box clean.:D

My idea of it is strapping basic gear on the bike, and rolling. Have done a couple of rides/camping trips on the far side of the Mississippi, and loved it. '05 was last really good ride. Solo to Sturgis, Yellowstone, Utah, Colorado and back home. 18 days, 5,500 miles. Did a motel 3 nights total, the rest was out of the tent.

Don't know if I'll ever do that again, but it was very memorable and great for my head.

Interested now in something like a pop-up slide in truck camper (4x4) after I retire. Would love to boondog way off the beaten path. Been lurking on a site, and getting a plan together.

Think I could manage the Type2 ok. Would be interested to know what special things you take camping to take care of the D.

My idea of fine camping is a Hyatt Regency!!!

OMG! So much to keep up with it would take me all day. So many conversations going all at once it looks like the chat room!

Java, should I ask me chiropractor for a pair of these the next time I need treatment for plantar fasicistis?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7166[/ATTACH]

I've never had chai. Have you ever had Constant Comment Tea? I wonder if it would work for chai.

Jim, plain vaseline works just as well for hairballs if your cat will eat it.

FunDad, I can't believe all the dumbclucks I see on the road on a bike in shorts, tank tops, and flip flops!! It was particularly bad in CA.

Peggy, everybody needs a dog. I want one, particularly a pit bull puppy but I don't think the cats would get along with it. It would have to be a puppy so they could boss it around.

YOu guys would never get me on a mechanical bull. The drunk girlfriend sounds very wise.

Okay, who did I miss?

i wanna ride a mechanical bull!

No Ang, just no you don't nadda. Nopers. Negative. Not in this lifetime. Or you could head to TX maybe Clint will put you in a rodeo!:)

My idea of fine camping is a Hyatt Regency!!!

Roll on the floor LMAO.

TX_Clint likes this

i wanna ride a mechanical bull!

Oh yea, just 8 seconds J. They put puffy padding on the floor, and with some liquid encouragement you don't fell nothin'. I could teach ya how to fall.

Well, that's how it visualizes in my little brain.

Pass the Constant Condiment please.

MY idea of camping is to drive as far as I can into the woods, strap a backpack on and hike til I can't see civilization anymore. Hubby likes it when we take the RV. We have found a quiet, little known place that we can park the RV and not have visitors or neighbors for miles in any direction. Better than an RV park, not as isolated as a hike to the woods. I do have to admit the bed is more comfortable :)

My next favorite is camping at a wolf sanctuary. You hear the wolves howling all night long. They talk and talk to each other. If you don't wake up to frost on the tent then it's too warm to camp.

When we put in the fireplace in this house fil tried to talk me out of wood burning fireplace and to go with a gas insert. But I like the smell of wood burning. We compromised and put in a gas log starter so that if we ever wanted to switch to gas insert the gas line was already here.

When camping I'm used to putting 'just add water' pancake mix in a baggie, that way when you make breakfast you just add water to the baggie, mix and clip off a corner and use that to make pancakes with. Easier and less mess. We take canned chili and pour over a lunch sized bag of fritos and make Frito pie, or if you want put taco meat on doritos. Since you are adding meat to a individual sized bag of chips there are no dishes. If hiking it's mountain house meal with heated water. That's some of our traditional camp foods. Not something I want to eat now. Now it takes a little longer to prep and prepare. Now it's lettuce wraps with lunch meat, and bacon and eggs. Can't do bacon and eggs when hiking really. Not good to pour the grease near water or near where animals would attracted and after you. Hard to transport eggs, doable but harder than say a 30g power bar.

Anyway camping with D isn't hard just different and takes different planning that what I'm used to. My files, upon files of recipes and ideas don't work anymore.

Camping. Ugh. Last time we went we were at a place with people all on top of one another. some yahoo was puking and retching all night. i got to hear it. wondered if it might be more than drunkenness and was thinking of running down with my daughter's epipens! Then his friend put him in a car and left. I ended up with some sort of attack the next morning. Got a throbbing chest, dizzy, almost fainted, sick stomach, and shakes. Went to an ER that evening, when we got home, and was harassed by the male doc. Told me I must have strained a rib rolling my sleeping bag. Yup, he really did. when I disagreed with him, he called me hostile.

I was in the ER 2 days later, same symptoms. Had a good doc, and was diagnosed with panic attacks and she gave me big hugs. It was a horrible reaction to prozac, given to me because I said I was stressed out as a caregiver to my dad. It is a process to get off of it, so it was a bad few months.

Never have gone camping again! But I can laugh about it all now!

Now, hubby takes the kids to that weekend event, and I have a mommy weekend.

MY idea of camping is to drive as far as I can into the woods, strap a backpack on and hike til I can't see civilization anymore. Hubby likes it when we take the RV. We have found a quiet, little known place that we can park the RV and not have visitors or neighbors for miles in any direction. Better than an RV park, not as isolated as a hike to the woods. I do have to admit the bed is more comfortable :)

My ex gal pal in Michigan had some friends who had an RV that was like an apt on wheels! They had a Ford f350 to haul the mother and that was their home. Big screen TV, sofas, kitchen, the whole nine yards. We would visit them in a campground off the interstate, they had full water and sewer and electric hookup, a big awning, and they were lovin' it. Me, I thought hhmm...something is wrong with this picture!

Camping to me is a room on the ocean with a bar that opens at 10 AM

Pass the Constant Condiment please.

Bet I'm alone here in sipping ketchup with my chat.

My next favorite is camping at a wolf sanctuary. You hear the wolves howling all night long. They talk and talk to each other. If you don't wake up to frost on the tent then it's too warm to camp.

When we put in the fireplace in this house fil tried to talk me out of wood burning fireplace and to go with a gas insert. But I like the smell of wood burning. We compromised and put in a gas log starter so that if we ever wanted to switch to gas insert the gas line was already here.

When camping I'm used to putting 'just add water' pancake mix in a baggie, that way when you make breakfast you just add water to the baggie, mix and clip off a corner and use that to make pancakes with. Easier and less mess. We take canned chili and pour over a lunch sized bag of fritos and make Frito pie, or if you want put taco meat on doritos. Since you are adding meat to a individual sized bag of chips there are no dishes. If hiking it's mountain house meal with heated water. That's some of our traditional camp foods. Not something I want to eat now. Now it takes a little longer to prep and prepare. Now it's lettuce wraps with lunch meat, and bacon and eggs. Can't do bacon and eggs when hiking really. Not good to pour the grease near water or near where animals would attracted and after you. Hard to transport eggs, doable but harder than say a 30g power bar.

Anyway camping with D isn't hard just different and takes different planning that what I'm used to. My files, upon files of recipes and ideas don't work anymore.

I like your style better than your H. Your state is perfect (dry, low humidity) for the pop-up slide in camper camping I'm interested in doing.

On the bike I never packed any food with the exception of things like granola and fruit bars. Obviously, transporting the bulk on a m/c was out of the question. Used most of the same type gear a backpacker would use. Basically, I stopped and ate at restaurants during their least busy time while on the road. Mickey d's mid morning for a breakfast burrito, etc. I did carry a small stove to have my coffee and maybe a pouch of instant grits.

With the slide in camper I should be able to carry the extra food, take better care of the D, and with a stove and fridge be able to stay out for a few days/weeks. Solar panels on top and well you get the picture.

The wolf sanctuary? I'd really love that. Had two foxes just outside my tent at the Land Between The Lakes in western Kentucky that liked each other a bunch one night. But to hear a wolf would be very memorable, indeed. Best thing about camping out west as opposed to the east coast besides the weather is the stars. Loved watching them at a truly remote dark area.

Thanks for the info.

The world is changing folks, let me tell you. And what freaks me out I kinda like this.

Lady GAA GAA tried to get these folks for a opening act and not only did they shoot her down, they made this video about her.

janet - the pic attachment didn't work for me hun - sorry - what was it of?

camping?? i'm with clint on this one - unless it's an rv - i'd do it in an rv - tents? hellz nah

ramon - omg, wth was that? i only made it through 2.5 mins of that video *rubs temples* LOL

wolves howling - wow - how magnificent! we hear coyotes sometimes around here

Hello everyone :D,

Well for many years I have been camping and it's kinda ridiculous in situations when the weather get's nasty or somethings wrong with the car or 4WD that you are in and locations that has unexpected snow that get's you instantly bogged in as that was a real surprise as you wake up in your car and you are snowed in. If it wasent for radio with a few people still had thier's on too. I have a flat bettery to start the 4WD witch had 24 Volt system and Diesel I was stuck. So I was cold to the core and try to unberry my car. Then I had a radio freind to help me. Once we have done that then we had a battery was overcharged like 16 Volts and the other was around 8 Volts where the radio is connected to so disconnected them and then paralleled them up. A coffee later and reconnected back to a 24 Volts again and turn the key around to warm up the glow plugs and see he voltage drop to 15 Volts and OMG that just might start it. I hear the servos go gurr gurr and the glow plug switch off then spun the motor over as it cranked slowly and started. PHEW!!!! I was happy and hungry at the same time. :biggrin:

I then thought of camping is a bad experience.

Today it's the Theater and Dancers for me. :love::D

I went to Disney World a few years back and tent camped. Thought no problem, Orlando even in November is in the 60s at lowest at night. It went into the low 40s and windy! Ugh, didn't bring clothes or the right sleeping bag for that!

Only do tents on short notice now when reasonably sure of weather.

Love the state park cabins - need to reserve far in advance if weekend though

I'm with Sunshine. I used to love to throw on a backpack and get as far away from civilization as I could. Those were the good ol' days. *sigh*

Java-the pic was of bunny slippers made with maxi pads.

Ramon- I'm with Java on the video. WTH??. My eyes still hurt!

I think Constant Condiment with a dash of hot sauce would be good. ;)

I would enjoy a nice cabin in the woods, by a lake. With plumbing. ;) Is that really still camping, or just a vacation?

I wanted to shout out to the LCHFD!!!

I am non longer on Metformin and my numbers are lower now...My best FBG was this morning 110!!! I averaged 121 before. So excited I have been able to do this since Met made me extremely sick!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Will never eat like I did before dx again!

I totally thank this forum and these members on here for all the help in learning what to watch-food wise.

My liver and pancreas thank you, I thank you, and my pantry thanks you!post-55074-139628785584_thumb.gif

congrats, GAgirl!! glad you are feeling better!

well i just finished up my office work and am gonna go see the chiropractor again soon - getting better - maybe today or tomorrow will be my last time for this wonky pain AND i'm gonna hit up the lil used bookstore when i'm done - the lady smokes in there (ugh, gags, yucko!!) but i love seein all the books on the shelves - just haffta air em out when i get home

THEN i can cuddle up and read & sip on my iced chai

:D

Java-

Sounds great!

Have a great day and hope you continue to get that pain under control. BTW- that pic of your little guy in the diaper was toooo cute! Stumbled upon it yesterday and yur album. Cool tats, cool pics, cool hubster! Nice family!