Java

Daily Chat

11,873 posts in this topic

I'm packing up the kitchen this morning after I eat.

I boiled up 18 eggs, peeled 'em & then popped 'em into a gallon ziplock bag & tossed it in the fridge this morning when I got my son off to H.S. this morning. Came back now & drained all the water off, popped all the eggs to break 'em up and added the last of the mayo, some miracle whip, some pickle relish & mixed well. Ta-dah: Egg salad in a disposable situation. Am eating out of a paper bowl with a plastic spoon & drinking from a plastic cup.

Yippee, this move is movin' along!

I do believe my 19 y/old DD is hoping to aggravate me enough to say "ok-I'll pack this up myself". But her problem is that I'm onto that (IF that's what she is doing) & I refuse to do this move by myself...so I'm chilling & letting her do her thing & THEN I'll re-direct her on task to help me pack...

It's yucko in VA today. More rain. Cancels my walk. I had 90 on my meter at 7:00 then went back to bed, just got back up. Weird thing is I had vivid monster of a dream of cherry pie and vanilla ice cream! I was literally eating in my sleep. My numbers are getting lower and my weight is down to almost 220 lbs. (I was at 265 in the spring). and I'm 6'1" tall...

Changes both mentally and physically

I haven't gone to bed yet, So just looking around DF and find this thread keep's kicki'n posts so I am still here with another post & LOW!!!! 3.2/57.6 :( So what's to eat???? Toast with Honey??

dr says my pains are stemming from my gut/digestion even though i have zero symptoms there - used his accupressure thingy on a few spots corresponding with that area and d@mn they hurt!! has me starting a detox/digestion tea today to see if it helps - strange, but i'll give it a go!

i scored three books at the smokey used bookstore:

by kathy reichs: death du jour & spider bones

by james patterson: cat & mouse

wheee!!

sippin on iced chai and then i think i'll do a lil more paperwork in my office and i'll be ahead when tomorrow rolls around

d@mn you, cranberries!!!!!!!!!!!

Ordered the "today's special" salad at the deli.

Salad description: spinach salad with walnuts and goat cheese.

Cashier asks "do you want that with the cranberry-jalepeno dressing?"

OMG Of COURSE I do.. so yes, but on the side please.

Get salad back to my desk and open it. As described PLUS loaded with cranberries. And the dressing?!? To die for.

It was an hour ago, and meter says 141. Soooo.... not perfect, but next time I see it on the menu I will go down the same, dark path!!!! (*insert evil laugh here*)

hey pegster - how's your zen doin? you met the new guy yet?

played any 'welcome to the office' pranks on him?

met the new guy. he's fine so far, but I'm really not going to know how disruptive he is for a couple weeks. He's in 2 weeks of training classes, and won't be working from his office until 9/9

Meanwhile, zen has flown the building. layoffs today, and it's just been upsetting and sad saying goodbye to friends. topped with hearing that we're going to downsize our facilities needs, so "many of us" will be changing offices over the next couple months.

OMG...I have ***NO*** idea what my problem is...I am SOOOOO tired! Went to pack up the kitchen this morning & the papers I'd put aside to wrap dishes in has magically disappeared...wtheck? Then DH reminds me we need to replace the cheesy little valence that was hanging in our bathroom (a pebble-glass window) and 3 mini-blinds that our kitty's killed. So DD & I went to Big Lots & of course they don't have any packing paper. So we stopped at the U-haul store & I paid $10 on a box of the stuff.

Get home & DD reminds me she's working this afternoon (2nd to last day at the deli) so that shoots her helping me pack the kitchen today. But besides that, I fell asleep! I don't know why I'm so tired. I really can't wait for the stress of all this to be OVER.

Oh yeah, the other mortgage dude called me urgently in the middle of the morning---they needed 4 more things! WTHeck?

*sigh*

"new guy problem" solved

"new guy" is getting moved to an entirely different floor

on the other hand, i am ALSO going to be moving. the big layoff is being followed by some "facilities changes"

then again, all plans are apparently subject to change. I'm definitely going to move. but when/where and who else? no clues.

nice reminder not to get stuck on things that aren't that important............

(i <3 headphones!)

Peggy, just don't let anyone take away your red stapler! But you can beat on the fax machine all you want. and If the boss shows up in suspenders. . .Run! (Folks, I haven't lost my mind. These are references to a popular cult movie that came out some years ago.)

Patricia, the oldtimers used to say to give a laxative and go for a ride on a bumpy road to induce labor.

Diania, I went through a move a few years ago where I had packed up everything but the kitchen. Then I was hospitalized with cellulitis from a cat bite on the weekend of the move and Himself did not pack up the kitchen at all. The movers came on Saturday, he turned in the keys, I was discharged on Monday and while he was at work on Tuesday I started unpacking and realized we had no pots and pans and no silverware. The only reason the china made it was because I had already packed it and it was too late to retrieves what had been left behind.

I need cliff notes to keep up with everyone.

Michelle- I gave up camping in established campsites. Too close, no privacy, bathrooms ICK, I have a few set places I like to go where there is no one around for miles.

Halves- and anyone, The wolf sanctuary is Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary in Ramah, NM. It's about as far off the beaten path as you can get. Near El Morrow and the Ice Caves. They have about 75 wolf and wolf hybrids their. They do tours where you can even feed the wolves. You toss frozen raw meat loaves over a 12ft fence. Camping is primitive but on site. It's indescribable.

Anthill- still that type of camping with all it's challenges is my kind of camping. Oh and what did you finally decide on eating?

Angie- bought my first Kathy reichs book , but haven't gotten around to reading yet. My friend that just moved sent a text that she has credit at a used book store that we thought had closed, but they just moved. She says I can have her $30 credit if I can find the place!

Peggy- sucks to change desks and offices. So much work involved and you feel all out of sorts for a while.

Diana- I hate moving. Flat out hate it. I moved 21 times in 18 years and said NEVER again!

Patricia- I hope DIL has that baby soon so you can go camping. !!

JC- YAy on the weight loss. Rain is expected to hit us Thursday

GAgirl-- WAY TO GO!!!!! You rock!!!!

If I missed someone, sorry. I hate working, can't keep up with my boards. :(

My car is acting weird. Pretty sure it's the fuel rail. DH knows he needs to fix but has been hoping I had a few more paychecks first. Guess what he'll be doing this weekend. Found my copy of microsoft 2000 so I can finally load something on to the new computer. Haven't heard from CERT yet but worried if I get any position I'll need office and excel to do my job. Now that's fixed, YAY!!!

NSV- non scale victory- I bought a bunch of tanks and summer shirts to turn into purses and tote bags. It's all the rage on pinterest. I didn't care what size, just looking for cute and easy to transform. I remember thinking when I bought them last year I'd never fit into that size again anyway. Well today I was looking for a summer tank or something and found a size medium spaghetti strap tank and it fits. Not the first medium I've worn recently either! Weight hasn't changed, but size sure has.

<snip> layoffs today, and it's just been upsetting and sad saying goodbye to friends. topped with hearing that we're going to downsize our facilities needs, so "many of us" will be changing offices over the next couple months.

Been there, done that. It definitely $ucks watching people lose their job. Witnessed 200 or so get the pink slip in '08, and that's when I got "promoted" to nights.

Been there, done that. It definitely $ucks watching people lose their job. Witnessed 200 or so get the pink slip in '08, and that's when I got "promoted" to nights.

I've been through too many to count

And each one brings up memories of the earlier ones

I guess it's a form of PTSD. I hate it

But my SO met me at home with salmon, asparagus, hollandaise and a small serving of mushroom risotto. Feeling a bit better now.

(and Janet -- no one is touching my swingline!!!!)

janet - were you able to go get your kitchen stuff out of the old house??

sunshine - awesome about the shirt! congrats!

halves - sorry bout your boo boo! :(

i'm not seeing the chiropractor today and will most likely cancel tomorrow's appt - a lot better but still some pain in one area

i only have just a teensy amount of paperwork to get done today ~ gonna make laundry detergent today since we're gettin lown - i use the #3 recipe here:

10 Homemade Laundry Soap Detergent Recipes : TipNut.com

may do some cooking today as well - we'll see

:)

Peggy, you will be fine as long as you are not moved to the basement!

basement would be really bad, since we don't have one! :)

when we moved into this building a few years ago, I actually requested the office I have. Because it wraps around some ducting, it is smaller than most of the offices. It has no window, and it's in an "out of the way" hallway.

the office they are talking about moving me to is about 50% bigger and has a window with a view. everyone is puzzled by why I'm not thrilled by this.

but i'm not

I had a very high-profile job for many years, and left after watching too many people let go, in ways I considered capricious and sometimes cruel. And then I ran my own consulting company, so always had a "light footprint" when I was working at my clients' facilities and never had "all my eggs in one basket"

I started at this company as a consultant almost 4 years ago, and got talked into staying on as an employee (and giving up my consulting business) when we were acquired by a major corporation.

I'm still uneasy about working for a single employer. Layoffs stress me out. And I would rather stay out-of-the way than to be in a office row with executives.

So I'm heading off to a "all hands" meeting with our CEO.......

(but I did get into the office before sunrise, so I could shoot photos on the roof for a while before dealing with it all.... so that counts as a good start to the morning!!)