Java

Daily Chat

11,496 posts in this topic

What a wonderful woman....

a small shark 1m /about 3ft  was trapped in a pool beside the ocean. 

This woman upon hearing of it, went to the pool & rounded it up so she could catch it in her arms & throw it over the edge into the ocean.

Her daughter captured the catch on video.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4981462/woman-throws-shark-out-of-rock-pool/?cs=2452

Java, macksvicky, janice21475 and 2 others like this

Enjoying a shop day with the old "Fibber McGee and Molly" shows.

macksvicky and adiantum like this

I had to google Fibber McGee and Molly..would this come under research  for your newly discovered acting career?

macksvicky likes this

5 hours ago, adiantum said:

I had to google Fibber McGee and Molly..would this come under research  for your newly discovered acting career?

I love the old time radio shows.  They are so creative without the benefit of visual stimulation that TV offers.

Acting - I just got word that the winter production is A Gilbert and Sullivan Christmas Carol.  Audition is next Thursday evening and I think I will go for it.

Seagal, adiantum, macksvicky and 2 others like this

Couple of pictures...

This is the dog that I mentioned in an earlier post that I race.  Nearly every time I ride past.  I can win, but it is with great effort.

DSC00973.thumb.JPG.b50a20ca50740a5f9af2e4fb1c81571b.JPG

Went riding one morning and caught this beautiful sunrise.

DSC00972.thumb.JPG.701c95f7ba88652c356720102be5330d.JPG

macksvicky, adiantum, janice21475 and 2 others like this

G & S...........Go for it !!!

Wow.. we get to meet the racer... & what a beauty he is.. I *almost* hope he wins sometimes :)))

macksvicky, Seagal and janice21475 like this

Lee, What would the dog's prize be, should he win??? A bicycle wheel?? Good grief what a thought!

Await the results of the try-outs with baited breath. Break a leg, Mike!

macksvicky and meyery2k like this

This dog is really neat.  One time, the gate was open and he could have gotten out to get me if he wanted.  He just likes to race on his side of the fence.

Seagal, Java, adiantum and 2 others like this

some dogs have great doganilties ... I wonder if his humans have fun personalities. 

It might be nice to meet them one day.

meyery2k, macksvicky and janice21475 like this

how awesome to save a shark!! 

so, i finally spoke to the older fella that my son bumped his car the other day...........i called the two places where he got estimates for repair and they are both just a smidge over $1,000.00 ~ we'll see about that...........i need to see the man's car and my son suggested we meet him at the place where the accident happened so we can recreate it and see if he is trying to get other, previous damage covered by my son

speaking to the man on the phone triggered me and i was in tears when i got off & kept telling myself over and over that i know how to deal with these triggers and this is a chance for growth on my part

the man said he was a "christian" and honest, yada yada yada and how he is so busy with all these people he is trying to help who have cancer and a couple of them are about to die and how is doing the "lord's work" at no charge, blah blah blah ~ it definitely rubbed me the wrong way & that crap has NOTHING to do with the issue at hand

it was triggering to me because my stepfather was a monster but ppl thought he was great because he could be very giving and generous an would do a lot for other ppl and was a "christian" and heavily involved in religion but was abusing me behind the scenes & only my mother knew

so, anything religious or anyone reminding me of him is a trigger and is difficult for me to deal with

i.have.issues.

so i hope he keeps his trap shut when we meet up about the car because i don't wanna rip his head off and roll it down the highway

:/

(and before anyone flames me, yes, i am aware that not all religious ppl are abusers, a-holes and pieces of "ish")

anywho....

last night's game face:

IMG_3428.thumb.JPG.05b64c3485489cb3d272d6b71583ac56.JPG

it was a good game and we lost by 5 points ~ luke kuechly got another concussion last night so he's out   :(   poor guy

buddy7, janice21475, ran23 and 3 others like this

Angie, The 'face' is real cute. You are developing a real flair for face decoration. Your artistic talents seem to have no end.

Hugs,

TX_Clint, meyery2k, Java and 1 other like this

This is the dog that I mentioned in an earlier post that I race.  Nearly every time I ride past.  I can win, but it is with great effort.

That puts me in mind of my neighbour's dog and mine. We have a chain link fence between the 2 properties and both back yards are 150 yards deep. My neighbour's dog was a lazy cuss and mine was very active. My dog would go over to the fence and bark softly until Sam the neighbour's dog would get up and come to the fence. Then both dogs would race down the fence line. Smokey would go to the end but Sam always stopped halfway and then went to lay down. Smokey would come back and the whole scenario would start again. It was hilarious to watch them

Java, meyery2k, janice21475 and 1 other like this

Java I love your game face & I totally get what you are saying regarding the monster who abused you. 

Back to the car damage, any kind of auto body work tends to be very expensive.

Here is my Chinese lantern plant, it is also in halloween colors ;)

chineselanternplant.jpg

macksvicky, adiantum, Seagal and 4 others like this

Angie, I love the face paint! So it sounds like you're going to take up highway bowling? LOL

Moonpie, I like the Chinese Lantern plant, very pretty.

meyery2k, Java, Moonpie and 1 other like this

Its Spring so birds breeding season here. The air is filled with the mournful sounds of the Indian Koel, a Cuckoo. Eudynamys orientalis.

The calls go on for hours, day & night.

Its a predatory breeder & lays its eggs in some other birds  nest & they rare it as their own. True welfare system.

The chicks become much bigger then the adoptive parents  who  seem exhausted in trying to feed " Baby Huey".

janice21475, Orlando, meyery2k and 1 other like this

this is the cuckoo's  chick in its juvenile feathers. Its about 18inches long. The adoptive parent is only 12inches long.

This chick pushes the nest owners chicks out.

koelfemnfifer.jpg?itok=uvgqIHP3

Edited by adiantum
meyery2k and macksvicky like this

Nice 50k ride today.  Just hither and yon.  My only real agenda was a visit to the store to get cauliflower.  Did the beach and waterfall tour today which offers plenty of flat riding and some hills to keep me honest.  I was happily cruising around neighborhoods and back streets today. 

This is my new long sleeve shirt from the Place of Refuge I recently visited.

22450068_10207938249333778_7704661366978054448_n.thumb.jpg.ce7cfa70f028e5a02a95de318e47da86.jpg22448536_10207938249013770_1507758296640855509_n.thumb.jpg.cebe1f379b4789a2dd1220179e2b0e86.jpg

I forgot to post a picture of Pua'a (Samona/Hawaiian for pig).  Gail and I came across this store in the middle of nowhere.  Apparently the artist embroiders everything.  She had some very beautiful pieces and I must chase Gail down to send me the picture.

DSC00978.thumb.JPG.1bbb9ecc1350f9d693c1e7f1188d269d.JPG

Rainbow Falls

DSC00974.thumb.JPG.12adf73a0c86692bcd8f8832be96abe3.JPG

Seagal, macksvicky, ran23 and 5 others like this

That waterfall is spectacular & how inviting that water looks .. Doesnt that foliage look lush.

That cute lil pig is defiantly Hawaiian with that Hibiscus in its hair.

The new wardrobe additions are cool.

What a great ride & cruising around the neighbourhood is a new awareness of what treasures  you have close by.

Java, janice21475, macksvicky and 1 other like this

I agree Vicky.. Nature has some harsh lessons .

Luckily the Koel only has one egg to hatch or those welfare grabbing parasites would take over th e world.

I'm surprised a spider survives this season as those birds are great hunters.

13 hours ago, macksvicky said:

That sounds so terrible to push out the birds chicks but I guess that's nature. 

meyery2k, janice21475 and macksvicky like this

Our birds must be lazy, we have an overabundance of spiders, which reminds me to spray around the outside of the house today to keep the creepy crawlies from taking up winter residence inside the house. 

meyery2k and janice21475 like this

M ~ LOVE that waterfall picture!!

the "fall" spiders are all around our place

the hubster was outside washing his truck a bit ago and our dog was out there and he heard her start growling at something near the shop in the grass so he went over to see what it was, thinking maybe it would be a toad or turtle........nope, it was a baby copperhead ~ yikes!!  so glad she alerted to it and none of us got bitten

teen said he saw it the other day curled under a bush and he scooped it up in a shovel and tossed it into the woods, not knowing it was a copperhead

so i've been on jury duty stand by since oct 6th (lasting 6 weeks) ~ they said i was scheduled to come in tomorrow but when i called to check yesterday, per the instructions, they said i was not needed but to call again on tues evening for further instructions ~ i *really* don't wanna have to go cuz i'll be a nervous wreck and probably get lost downtown and i'm quite a nervous dork so who knows what dumb stuff i might say

*hides*

buddy7, meyery2k, macksvicky and 1 other like this

Don't worry about what you might say, Java, you will not be the one on trial. :P More than likely you will not speak unless you are in the Jury room and there will be 11 other's who will be nervous, too. Most likely you will not be called. (saying that to calm you, ya know)

Very grateful your dog alerted you about the snake. Dogs are great companions!!

meyery2k, macksvicky and Java like this

Java, your copperheads are better looking then ours. Ours are plain golden brown colour.

I wont post pics as many  have phobias.

meyery2k, Java and macksvicky like this

A big day out for me today... hair cut...& it feels wonderful.

I get the works.. shampoo, condition, massage, trim & blow dry.

This hairdresser gives the best head massages Ive ever had.

I'm sure I look stunning :rofl:

Sitting at the bus stop beside an elderly Indian man that had the longest fingernails Ive seen on a man.

They had to be over 2 inches long & looked thick & healthy.

How does he do it? I didnt like to ask but now regretting it.

He obviously wasnt a gardener, nor a typist so what  employment could he have had in his younger days.

damn I regret not asking :D

Java, TX_Clint, janice21475 and 3 others like this