Java

Daily Chat

11,496 posts in this topic

Unfortunately I am still thinking about that Indian man with the 2inch  fingernails......

I bet he had a bidet  in his bathroom

Image result for bidet

buddy7, TX_Clint, macksvicky and 2 others like this

Today I saw a total of 9 pigs while riding my bike.  A group of 6 piglets that took off before I had a chance to even stop.  2 adults and this curious teen.  He approached to within 10 feet of me, checked me out, and went on his merry way.  

DSC00979.thumb.JPG.a7b02f1b455a8862f6adfaa986f5f4bb.JPGDSC00987.thumb.JPG.c51609ffa820e11de3ba2b3fe153e021.JPGDSC00989.thumb.JPG.910c56c9c532d03ca98df985e94e1c85.JPGDSC00994.thumb.JPG.1ea4a4105a980f0306cc9c2900483802.JPG

adiantum, ran23, Java and 2 others like this

You Hawaiians are sooo tough.. if I saw 2 adult wild pigs, I'd run away  so fast that I could challenge that dog for a race.

Piglets are too cute.

The colours in the foliage in that last pic is divine. Croton on the left & Cordyline on the right?

Java, janice21475 and macksvicky like this

OK Confession time...

How many sphincters contracted  at the sight of the bidet?:D

10 hours ago, adiantum said:

Image result for bidet

meyery2k and macksvicky like this

Mike, you sure get to see so many interesting plants and animals on your rides! It's amazing!

janice21475 and meyery2k like this

@adiantum - I had to look up those plants but, yes, I believe that is what they are.

Couple interesting stories for you.  Sad about the tree...

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/local-news/iconic-honomu-tree-falls-after-trimming

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/local-news/five-alala-released-wild

adiantum and macksvicky like this

Interesting  links Mike.

Its only common sense that a tree  is weight heavy if the other side is pruned hard.

I might have the same issue here one day. A neighbour has pruned all branches on his side & its a big tree, so lots of weight on one side.

He must have a scissor lift to have cut so high. 

Those poor birds.. what a wonderful attempt at releasing them back into the wild.

Naughty Hawks!! 

janice21475, meyery2k and macksvicky like this

i used to eat fried spam sandwiches as a kid

don't know if i could stomach it now

didn't it have gelatinous stuff surrounding it?

*gags*

macksvicky, meyery2k, TX_Clint and 2 others like this

Used to live on it. Enough sodium in one can for a neighborhood. Yes, it had some stuff on the outside, I used to scrape it off. It was what we could afford at the time. I was grateful to be able to have that. The dogs used to get the goo on their food. They loved it.

I have a can in my pantry closet. I still like the taste of it but too much salt. I finally have my BP under control don't want to upset the balance.

Chopped fine with hard boiled eggs and pickles add lots of Salad Dressing and spread on bread, it was delicious.

ran23, Java, TX_Clint and 3 others like this

am frustrated with son's class test at school ~ today the teacher had me go over some of the missed questions with a few kids

here's the thing, up til now they have been doing their weekly reading tests together as a class group, led by the teacher ~ on one side of the paper was the short story then on the back there were 4 questions ~ completely do-able for these kids

for the first test they had to do all by themselves?  a 2 page story and 10 questions!!!

the kids i helped today could barely read the freakin story as it had a number of hard words in it then the questions on top of it?   UGH!!  

not fair at all and why in the heck would they have them practice test taking for weeks just to give them a much longer and difficult one to do on their own

:/

no wonder kids are failing

janice21475, macksvicky, TX_Clint and 1 other like this

What grade is this for? Is this a teacher that's used to much older students? Kinda hard to answer questions when you don't understand the story because there are words crucial to the story line and you don't know what those words mean.

Java, janice21475, meyery2k and 1 other like this

2nd grade

she was surprised at what they had to do too, so i don't believe this is something she personally came up with

she was a 1st grade teacher last year, and actually was lil man's teacher last year

it just doesn't give an accurate showing of what the kids can do since some of the words, IMO, are over their heads

JanetP, meyery2k, macksvicky and 2 others like this

I'll bet if the words were different they would probably be able to answer a lot more of the questions asked.

Java, JanetP, janice21475 and 1 other like this

agreed

well, dentist visit went fine ~ it's been 12 ish or more years since i'd been

one small cavity in my left wisdom tooth

two molars ~ same ones on both sides of my mouth have small fractures in them most likely caused from the large fillings that were put in years ago ~ cold & heat don't bother them but flossing hurts

so, next wednesday i'll get them all filled and hopefully be good til my next checkup in 6mos ~ both the hygienist and the dentist said i take very good care of my teeth and that they looked really good

i was just looking at my receipt for today and the fluoride smear that they put on at the end cost $81!  good grief that is robbery!!

today's total was $226

to fill those teeth next week will be $531

hopefully filling those fractured teeth will work ~ if not the next step would be crowns

apparently dentistry is a lucrative business to be in   :)

meyery2k and janice21475 like this

Well my physical therapist now has me doing obstacle courses.  My homework assignment, get back out on the trails.

Guess I know what I will be doing rain or shine (supposed to be a lot of rain this weekend).

Mr Fuzzy's response - Ok, but I want you to be absolutely clear.  DO NOT break your ankle again!

meyery2k, janice21475 and Java like this

I suuport Mr Fuzzy... theres no fun in being  a really heavy metal girl.

Enjoy the trails !!!

Java, perhaps where that saying " million dollar smile " originated.

I hope your smile  looks as good but doesnt cost a million.

Java, meyery2k and janice21475 like this

that test could rock their confidences..poor kids

Java, meyery2k and janice21475 like this

my thoughts exactly

UGH!

kit ~ that's awesome you've got the ok to do trails now ~ you must be doing pretty great but i agree with mr.fuzzy ~ no more breaking ankles!  :)

Edited by Java
janice21475 and meyery2k like this