Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAgirl

Almond Crusted Butter Cake-LC gluten-free

16 posts in this topic

I made this last night! FABULOUS!!! I omitted the sliced almonds on the outer crust because I didn't have any. I also added some Amaretto DaVinci syrup to the mix as well for an extra kick. I let it cool, sliced it into 12 equal slices and when I ate one I slathered cool whip all over the top. Enjoy!(the recipe has nut. facts)

I also melted some butter over the top after as you can see in the pics.

post-55074-139628787114_thumb.jpg

post-55074-13962878711_thumb.jpg

post-55074-139628787112_thumb.jpg

That looks delicious! I will definitely be making that as soon as I buy some more almond flour! My husband is drooling at the thought of it! lol

That looks delicious! I will definitely be making that as soon as I buy some more almond flour! My husband is drooling at the thought of it! lol

Note the 10% coupon for Honeyville Grain......(for almond flour).

Georgia, thanks for the recipe it certainly looks like a winner....love the description (from her site).

I saw that Honeyville coupon, too, but I have like 5 bags already in the pantry, LOL!

I keep mine in the freezer because the oil in nuts can go rancid.

Almond Crusted butter cake- LC and gluten-free

I made this last night! FABULOUS!!! I omitted the sliced almonds on the outer crust because I didn't have any. I also added some Amaretto DaVinci syrup to the mix as well for an extra kick. I let it cool, sliced it into 12 equal slices and when I ate one I slathered cool whip all over the top. Enjoy!(the recipe has nut. facts)

I also melted some butter over the top after as you can see in the pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7893[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7894[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7895[/ATTACH]

awesome job and first rate chefing. thank you GAGirl

Today I made the cake as a bread. I made it the same way, just left out the sweetner and extracts.

We had grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner (with salad). My before meal #was 88, 2-1/2 hrs later 91. Gosh it was good! I'm wondering if a bit of parmesan cheese in the batter would be good. It is a little bland, but I don't want to ruin the texture. I'm thinking toast with my egg tomorrow:)

Would be great to have a grilled cheese!

Oh! It was:) the cheese was all melty and oozing out of the perfectly browned & crispy bread. I don't know if others do this, but I used mayo (gasp)to cover the outside of the bread and it does a lovely job of toasting. I'm positive it would brown & crisp with coconut oil or butter, but this time i used mayo.

Even though my numbers were good, I think I will put the ingredients into a breakdown program and see where I stand when I use 2 slices for a sandwich. Will post when I find out.

Made this last night -

I made this almond butter pound cake loaf last night with the Swerve Natural Erythritol like it says to on the recipe!...btw- the almond butter pound cake was a slice (1 of 12 slices-thin) with Polaner all Fruit with Fiber raspberry jam added on top- a tiny spread of it, like 1/8 tsp. maybe, and it's only 6 net carbs per tsp, so basically nill in what I used, and I ate 2 baked chicken thighs and broccoli and yellow squash and 2 hours after I am at 100 and before that meal and dessert I was at 95. Wheeeee!

Recipe is at All Day I Dream About Food