Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

berighteous

blood sugar 77

7 posts in this topic

Hi all.

My blood sugar is 77. Never ever seen it that low. I retested it. The first time it was 74. Type 2 diabetic, my control has been terrible the last couple months (14 day average on my meter is 157, but I haven't seen it under 120 or so in weeks) just not eating right, stress from having to move (landlord selling the house we rent and he's being a jerk about it) Last night we got paid and spent $275 at Sam's club getting low carb food (ham, sausages, 6 lbs of bacon, pork chops, etc) so starting a better stretch today.

My morning level was 135, about average lately :( but I rememebred my pill and had some pork chops for breakfast. Now a couple hours later I'm at 77 and wondering if I should eat an orange or something to go up some.

Creeped out by two under 80 readings back to back.

I know that feeling of WHAT? the first time it happened to me, even though I have good control, I rarely see the 70's. I wouldn't correct for it unless it goes under 70, since you say it is back up to 80, so it is up to you, but it is a nice treat to see normal numbers. If you have oranges, you could have a slice, an apple slice w/nut butter would be better.

yeah, I first got a 74 and I thought it was a bad test strip, so I tested again and got a 77, and once more for good measure and got an 80. I've tested at least a thousand times (I test like 10 times a day) and had never got under 84 or so.

I think we all have those moments with diabetes where there is just no logical explanation for a swing in either direction. Diabetes has turned me into a creature of habit with regards to my diet and as a result, I see the same range of bg numbers. Once in awhile, though, I'll have a very low bg reading for no apparent reason. It happens. :)