Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lelggren

1 hard-boiled egg a day keeps the high's away.....Maybe

9 posts in this topic

Hi!

Hey, I have this quick question. So, there was this man who came into my work a couple of days ago. I work in a diabetes supply store. Well, he told me that when he was diagnosed and in the hospital, someone told him that he needed to eat one hard-boiled egg a day to make his bg's stay under control. I told him that I had never heard such a thing, but that I would look into it. I have even asked the dieticians that work with me if they have heard that before, and they hadn't. I think that this man might have been just on one because he ended up getting really strange and then offensive, but I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of that, and if so, has it worked for you?

It might be that the protein in it might help in stabilising your BG levels. However I find insulin works better for me. :tongue:

I like 2 boiled eggs with low carb toast keeps my sugars just fine and is filling. However, with only 30 grams of carbs...how could my sugars be wrong?

Liz

Never heard of such a thing. Eggs are a great source of protein and protein help stabilize blood sugar levels, but thats about it. No "required" daily intake..lol

protein = stable blood sugars.

eggs = one of the BEST sources of protein.

hard boiled = probably the healthiest way to prepare an egg (yolk is cooked all the way so no risk of food poisoning, and no added oils or fats in the cooking process)

It's not a MUST eat as a diabetic... but it is a great start to the day.