Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlando

No clear survival rate ......................

5 posts in this topic

Bad news 66% of diabetics die of CVD or Stroke 5 - 10 years younger than life expectancy. Good news is that doesn't include your ability to hedge your bets with lifestyle changes and targeted screening of risk factors. According to the CDC (and probably similar figures from the WHO) the average recorded A1C of all diabetics is 7.8 meaning over half still have A1C's over 7 despite the preponderance of diabetes drugs. Given that atmosphere I would be surprised if a study showed any reduction in CVD death rates. The CDC does list those with A1C's under 6 as having the same risk of mortality as non-diabetics, which they admit this study didn't even take into consideration..

Klaus74, adiantum, meyery2k and 4 others like this

Unless I misunderstood what I was reading (which is entirely possible) it sounds like the study only looked at participants who died DURING the 301 studies conducted.  The studies were looking at the efficacy of various drugs to lower blood sugar, but this study put them all together and looked at how many died during the study??

Seems like hunting for meaningless correlations to me.

I also loved how they added that those T2 diabetics on basal insulin had higher blood sugars as if it was an effect of taking the insulin rather than a treatment.

meyery2k and Kit like this