4,783 posts in this topic

Oh boy!  I get to create the new topic!

***203***

Better, but still needs work.

Orlando, TX_Clint, Diana_CT and 3 others like this

***203***

Perhaps the first American, but I think that the lady from Australia made the first 2017 post.

Edited by Orlando
Diana_CT, JanetP, meyery2k and 1 other like this

I posted this in the old thread so copying it here.

113 this morning. I am frustrated with all of theses fasting over 100 lately.  I can't seem to pin point the cause. I have actually eaten less carbs the past week coming in at 20-25 total per day versus 30 the week before. I walked 2 miles yesterday and my fbg was 12 points higher this morning.

Frustrated  :angry:

meyery2k, TX_Clint, Diana_CT and 3 others like this

I also posted on the old 2016 thread,

On this first morning of the new year my reading was 102

JanetP, TX_Clint, janice21475 and 4 others like this

Jeepa, you have my sympathies.  DP can be infuriating.

90 here.  Been slowly working my way back downwards all week.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be back under 90.

And watch, I just jinxed myself.  :D

janice21475, meyery2k, TX_Clint and 4 others like this

***203***

Perhaps the first American, but I think that the lady from Australia made the first 2017 post.

Did I say I was the first one to post in 2017?

At least two people posted before me, but they didn't create a new thread.  :D

JanetP, meyery2k and TX_Clint like this

Happy new year! We were treated with heavy sticky snow ❄️ vernight. Had some power outages. Snow took out my antenna feed stantion Read 3.8/68.4 this AM. Shovel time Maybe picture tomorrow. Using my cell data to post and takes too long.

meyery2k, Orlando, Diana_CT and 5 others like this

I posted this in the old thread so copying it here.

113 this morning. I am frustrated with all of theses fasting over 100 lately.  I can't seem to pin point the cause. I have actually eaten less carbs the past week coming in at 20-25 total per day versus 30 the week before. I walked 2 miles yesterday and my fbg was 12 points higher this morning.

Frustrated  :angry:

Did you also check the amounts of protein?

meyery2k, JanetP, TX_Clint and 1 other like this

2nd day of the year & another FBG of 8 for me.

Blaming Summer cold & this horrible heat, but maybe my hand has been feeding my face when I wasn't looking?

William, I'm looking forward to those photos. I enjoyed the last one of the titmouse feeding on suet.

What an interesting little bird & it lays so many eggs.

TX_Clint, GrammaBear, Orlando and 2 others like this

Did you also check the amounts of protein?

Yesterday i ate 59g protein, 61g fat, and 27g total carb. I have been +- 5 on the carbs and my protein was closer to 70-75g last week, but I have been working on keeping it at 60g or less just in case that could be a problem.

Orlando, Diana_CT, JanetP and 1 other like this

108,which is really good for me - but I slept til 11:00 (!!) and wonder what it was around 6:00,which is when I usually get up. Nice number to star the year with, though.

JanetP, Orlando, Diana_CT and 4 others like this

Happy New Year!

This morning was 103.

Yesterday's FBG = 103; Friday was 98; last Sunday was 88. These are the only FBGs I've taken but it seems to be going in the wrong direction.

The tip above (from Orlando) about looking at the protein consumption may be helpful to me. I don't count the carbs and the protein but may start. I have been counting the calories (as I am losing weight) but... I've been making "good" choices on foods, checking the GI and the GL when in doubt.

I wanted to avoid getting too "obsessed" with everything but perhaps, until things are mapped out a bit better, I should actually record my carbohydrate and protein consumption.

Best wishes to all for a great new year!

janice21475, TX_Clint, adiantum and 2 others like this

I'd recommend going with carb and protein counts instead of GI.  To be honest, while it may be accurate for normal people, as diabetics we're broken and I honestly have problems with low GI numbers if the total carb count is high.

JanetP, TX_Clint, GrammaBear and 2 others like this

I was 7.2 this morning which is better than my fasting blood glucose levels a few day ago!!
things are getting a bit better for me

Edited by mystiquarte
meyery2k, JanetP, TX_Clint and 3 others like this

Happy New Year!

I should actually record my carbohydrate and protein consumption.

Best wishes to all for a great new year!

hi John I have't seen you on the forum before, welcome and happy new year

in addition to the carb and protein counts, it might be helpful to look at portion size also...it's better to eat smaller meals more often than 3 big meals, I eat 6 meals per day!

Edited by mystiquarte
JanetP and TX_Clint like this

89 mg/dl this morning.

Thats because I had too much protein, just 20 grams too much and thats enough to upset the apple cart.I have tried this a number of times and with the same results. Its hard to believe that such a small amount of protein could do this, but I will finally have to accept it, however grudgingly.

"tomorrow is another day".

Jeapa, Java, meyery2k and 4 others like this

Have you heard from your team of medical aadvisors you where waiting to hear from what was their

Advise?

TX_Clint and William V like this

I dont have a team of medical advisers, just a GP that always goes on about eating more protein. It is possible to get dietary advice, went for one meeting and never returned, the guy was trying to use the conventional ADA advice. To be honest, I now must get back to eating amounts of protein that I can handle ie between 70- 80 grams/day. Its just that sometimes I hear a little voice within me saying "I want more".Could even be that I am not the only one here hearing this little voice?. 

Carol_42, JanetP, meyery2k and 3 others like this

I dont have a team of medical advisers, just a GP that always goes on about eating more protein. It is possible to get dietary advice, went for one meeting and never returned, the guy was trying to use the conventional ADA advice. To be honest, I now must get back to eating amounts of protein that I can handle ie between 70- 80 grams/day. Its just that sometimes I hear a little voice within me saying "I want more".Could even be that I am not the only one here hearing this little voice?. 

If it's only a little voice, it isn't the one I hear!  :biggrin:

adiantum, TX_Clint, JanetP and 3 others like this