GardenNinja

Morning Wake-Up Readings 2017

5,236 posts in this topic

Back at work this morning.  My power finally came back on at 4 pm yesterday.  Thank goodness.  I don't know how people ever survived without air-conditioning.  I think 90% of my food in the fridge and freezer is fine.  Ex and kids are heading home this morning.  Almost feels good to be at work.  Normalcy.

@Hammer - Hurricanes are very inconvenient.  But in my 54 years down here I've only had experiences like this one maybe 4 times.  And one thing about hurricanes.  We know they're coming and have time to duck & prepare as best we can.  Unlike tornados and such.

Diana_CT, ran23, macksvicky and 7 others like this

FunDad ... I'm glad you and your family members are okay.  Hope everyone else here at DP are fine, as well.

BG last night around bedtime 8:00 p.m.   99 mg/dl

FBG this morning 4:58 a.m. (on empty).  105 mg/dl

macksvicky, GardenNinja, FunDad62 and 4 others like this

126 (7.0) at 6:30 this morning.

Well, I learned something from forgetting to take my Lantus Monday night. I learned that I can safely use the same sensitivity factor for Lantus as I do for Humalog and have my calculations come out close to "right on." And I learned that it was really pretty easy to manage my BG on fast-acting alone. My BG did get up as high as 168 before lunch, since when I took my breakfast injection, I still wasn't sure I had actually missed the Lantus the night before. (And since I was going back to bed after that super-early breakfast, I didn't want to risk going low.) But along with my lunch bolus and correction for the 168, I also took enough insulin to cover anticipated extra need for the equivalent lowering that would normally come from Lantus for the next several hours. And even though the battery went out on the meter I had with me out of town mid-afternoon, so I wasn't able to test and give another Lantus-equivalent shot of Humalog mid-afternoon, I still ended up at only 122 before dinner when I got home. Not a bad day.

adiantum, FunDad62, GardenNinja and 5 others like this

117 today. It's been a stressful week thus far. Hoping it's truly a hump day today. Have a great one guys.

adiantum, FunDad62, Carol_42 and 7 others like this

87 here

Ugh, 2+ hours to get to work this morning.

TX_Clint, meyery2k, Della Street and 6 others like this

The craziness of it all.  I haven't posted lately however my morning numbers were getting better with my basal dose.  I cannot remember who told me I was dropping my morning number too much with a novolog dose after breakfast but my question is if my morning FBG is 167 at 7:30 in the morning and I do my dose of novolog then at noon it was 102.  Is there a time frame that it should get that low.  I understand my basal dose should be getting me down to the lower levels I need but again I am facing the issue of being out of it again.  Dr provides samples but out of samples now so I have been lowering my basal dose to not run out however my numbers are slowly increasing again for the mornings.  My thought is a little is better than nothing.  I am going to Dr next wed for appt and will speak to her about changing to an otc which is more affordable for me with no insurance as again I figure some is better than nothing.  What do you think?

macksvicky, Della Street, Java and 5 others like this

Today is  RUOK? Day.

It is an annual day in September (the second Thursday) dedicated to remind people to ask family, friends and colleagues the question, "R U OK?", in a meaningful way, because connecting regularly and meaningfully is one thing everyone can do to make a difference to anyone who might be struggling.

On a less serious scale, I'd be OK if my meter wasnt such a liar

Edited by adiantum
macksvicky, meyery2k, Ahnanimus and 5 others like this

133  Probably lower (for me) because I went for a 30 minute walk last night.

I think I'm gonna call my doc and make an appointment to just talk about all of my meds and the way I feel lately.  For 20 years doctor's have just been adding meds and more meds so I want him to re-evaluate everything I'm taking.  My legs have been achy and sore for 6 months now and I can't figure out why.  Mostly my calves but sometimes the backs of my thighs too.  I thought it was the statins but apparently not since I stopped taking them weeks ago.

I hate this crap.

adiantum, BookwormBetty, Della Street and 9 others like this

8 minutes ago, Java said:

81 for me today

be safe

be kind

make someone smile today

Ditto to all the above.

meyery2k, FunDad62, GardenNinja and 5 others like this

BG at bedtime last night.  95 mg/dl

FBG today (on empty).   107 mg/dl

meyery2k, Java, BookwormBetty and 5 others like this

***189***  because I was bad last night.  I bought pumpkin muffins (never go shopping hungry!).  I ate half of them, even though they didn't have as much flavor as pumpkin bread usually does.  This morning, the rest went in the trash.

Yesterday:  ***156***

meyery2k, Diana_CT, adiantum and 6 others like this