GardenNinja

Morning Wake-Up Readings 2017

4,754 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ahnanimus said:

111 today. Happy International Day of the Girl to all the girls and girls at heart!

@Carol_42  I hear you! Sometimes the discipline feels like imprisonment and we need to escape and vent. Sending you warm hugs💖😘

Thanks.  I'll take all the hugs I can get.

BookwormBetty, meyery2k, Della Street and 3 others like this

L@@K-> -> 5.6

It was 6.4 at  3am & the hunger pangs kept me from returning to sleep, that is until I had toast & Vegemite..slept soundly once more.

@ran23...AKA Mr. Hollywood re "Ordered 3 sweaters last night.  and received a nice Fair Isle Vest!!"

Uff Da, Ahnanimus, Della Street and 6 others like this

15 hours ago, Uff Da said:

At least one result I got was good - my A1c came back at 5.5, lower than I'd expected.

WOW................ Uff Da

Congratulations!!

Della Street, TX_Clint, Ahnanimus and 5 others like this

This morning's reading was 108

Honeydew melons are perfect right now and they are 16g of carbs per cup and their Glycemic Index is 65

macksvicky, Carol_42, adiantum and 5 others like this

120 immediately followed by 118. Had pizza toppings for supper last night (no crust). Had to poke each finger - three of them twice - to get blood today. After washing my hands in hot water! Really don't like it when that happens....

meyery2k, Java, Carol_42 and 5 others like this

96 this morning.  I'm with you Betty re. trying to get blood from these fingers.  It's so easy in the summer, but the fall and winter struggle has begun!

meyery2k, BookwormBetty, Java and 5 others like this

I forgot to record it this morning.  Upper 80s.  Lets call it 89.

meyery2k, TX_Clint, Della Street and 5 others like this

172 (9.6) at 9:50 this morning. Bah! The later I sleep, the higher the BG. And the worse the pain and weakness. Had to even get my partner to tear open the paper from the alcohol swab this morning and to put the needle on the insulin pen. Too weak to do it myself. He usually gives me my breakfast bolus anyway, but I normally get the pen ready to go. After the Advil takes effect I should be a little bit better but this morning I could barely get up out of a chair without help. Hard to believe I've gone from virtually no pain and the ability to do most everything someone 20 years younger could do to this state in only about a month's time. And I still have no clue why.

adiantum, BookwormBetty, Ahnanimus and 6 others like this

6 hours ago, carfree said:

96 this morning.  I'm with you Betty re. trying to get blood from these fingers.  It's so easy in the summer, but the fall and winter struggle has begun!

Sometimes when I poke my finger, I can't get enough blood out of it, so I just let my arm hang down by my side and swing it back and forth a few times, and that usually produces more blood.

Edited by Hammer
meyery2k, Carol_42, BookwormBetty and 5 others like this

113 this morning. Uff Da I do hope you find some relief. I've been having excruciating pain in my arms and shoulders and a great deal of muscle weakness. My blood tests showed high uric acid not over the limit, but at the top of the scale, which can cause gouty arthritis. I'm now having half tsp of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water 3 times daily and apple cider vinegar on mornings. There's been a small bit of relief but I've just started. I've also found that lying in bed makes the pain worse.

TX_Clint, adiantum, Java and 8 others like this

uff da ~ so sorry for you pain but congrats on that beautiful A1c!

74 for me this morning

adiantum, janice21475, Diana_CT and 6 others like this

109 today. It's a beautiful day, made even better because it's  First People's Day, a public holiday. Have a fantastic weekend hope you get to do something fun.

Della Street, BookwormBetty, meyery2k and 2 others like this