GardenNinja

Morning Wake-Up Readings 2017

5,678 posts in this topic

Slept in and forgot to test.  Had already raided the kitchen when I realized it.  Everyone have a happy return to the "normal" world.

meyery2k, TX_Clint, mystiquarte and 4 others like this

I lowered my nightly Lantus dose by one unit last night, since yesterday, I woke up to a 52, and today I woke up to a 78 (4.33).

mystiquarte, meyery2k, Jeapa and 5 others like this

117 this morning. That's more realistic for me than yesterday's 108. DP sucks. (Again, later than usual, nearly 9:00. Back to work tomorrow so back to earlier testing.)

meyery2k, Diana_CT, TX_Clint and 4 others like this

5.1/91.8 this morning. Pictures of mount Baker in the distance across the border in Washington state next to a rising sun.post-39430-0-07335200-1483377181_thumb.jpg

Picture of our backyard with the heavy wet snow while shoveling the walkways. About 5 inches. The guy wires are 3/16 diameter and the ladder nine is number 14 gauge wire both had a few inches of snow stuck to then. The antenna feed line's offset from the tower snapped off from the weight so the line almost rests on the ground. The tower pole is 5" diameter for reference. Internet and power was out from this heavy snow. We had more snow at other times but not this heavy for some years. Most years we don't get snow that sticks to the ground for more than a dozen hours overnight so tobogganing is very rare out here on the south West Corner of British Columbia.

post-39430-0-70654800-1483377598_thumb.jpg

TX_Clint, mystiquarte, adiantum and 5 others like this

I dont have a team of medical advisers, just a GP that always goes on about eating more protein. It is possible to get dietary advice, went for one meeting and never returned, the guy was trying to use the conventional ADA advice. To be honest, I now must get back to eating amounts of protein that I can handle ie between 70- 80 grams/day. Its just that sometimes I hear a little voice within me saying "I want more".Could even be that I am not the only one here hearing this little voice?. 

I don't seem to get carb cravings like others do.  Instead of carbs, I get protein cravings.  Give me the choice between a biscuit or a chicken leg, I'll take the chicken leg 99 times out of 100.

Lovely pictures William.  :)

Oh and 90 again this morning.  At least it didn't go back up.

janice21475, William V, TX_Clint and 4 others like this

91 this morning.

That voice may be small but it can be heard worldwide...

mystiquarte, JanetP, janice21475 and 5 others like this

129 this am, last night sharing a piece of pie with the wife, shot me up to 158 in 60 minutes.  

TX_Clint, meyery2k, janice21475 and 5 others like this

I'm glad tomorrows another day as this one is being mean to me.

Perhaps it was the macadamias & inactivity  that's given me a high FBG

I'll have to go back to keeping a food journal if things don't improve.

Orlando, JanetP, William V and 2 others like this

my fbg level this morning is getting better, little by little it was 7.0 (126) ... those pics of the snow william are beautiful, wishing I was knee deep in snow but at least today isn't as hot here arhh for the northeasterly relief

Edited by mystiquarte
TX_Clint, William V, meyery2k and 3 others like this

I don't seem to get carb cravings like others do.  Instead of carbs, I get protein cravings.  Give me the choice between a biscuit or a chicken leg, I'll take the chicken leg 99 times out of 100.

Lovely pictures William.  :)

Oh and 90 again this morning.  At least it didn't go back up.

I dont get carb cravings, just other cravings.................one that you no doubt will understand, would be sour cream , without portion size limitations.

William V, JanetP, TX_Clint and 3 others like this

5.1/91.8 this morning. Pictures of mount Baker in the distance across the border in Washington state next to a rising sun.attachicon.gifIMG_3233.JPG

Picture of our backyard with the heavy wet snow while shoveling the walkways. About 5 inches. The guy wires are 3/16 diameter and the ladder nine is number 14 gauge wire both had a few inches of snow stuck to then. The antenna feed line's offset from the tower snapped off from the weight so the line almost rests on the ground. The tower pole is 5" diameter for reference. Internet and power was out from this heavy snow. We had more snow at other times but not this heavy for some years. Most years we don't get snow that sticks to the ground for more than a dozen hours overnight so tobogganing is very rare out here on the south West Corner of British Columbia.

Nice picture William, how you folks tolerate these freezing conditions is beyond me. At least in the heat, we can seek shade.

meyery2k, JanetP, TX_Clint and 2 others like this

Egad, almost forgot to post FBG reading, twas four score and two earlier on this morning.

Diana_CT, adiantum, janice21475 and 5 others like this

93 this morning. I had a glass of wine last night around 9:00pm with my snack of cheddar cheese. My bg was 110 when I went to bed at 10. So no DP last night, or very little.

I think I am going to do a little experiment and have the wine every night for the next 5 days and then stop and see what happens.

ran23, JanetP, Orlando and 6 others like this

Back at work.  Ugh.  Nasty rainy out too.  Perfect.

Orlando, adiantum, William V and 6 others like this

Brr chilly outside. Artic outflow warning with windchill. 6.6/118.8 this Morning. A liver dump might explain this as supper was a few pieces cheese.

janice21475, Orlando, JanetP and 5 others like this