GardenNinja

Morning Wake-Up Readings 2017

5,235 posts in this topic

oh FunDad, that sounded miserable.

Della, I like Dianas suggestion in having others bring a plate.

I never add salt to my cooking, the only reason I have salt in the house is to make a saline solution to bathe dogs eyes etc.

TX_Clint, meyery2k, Diana_CT and 6 others like this

9 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

not to fond of having asparagus and eggs for breakfast.

Diana, Well, if there was enough cheese, I could love that.

You numbers have been running much lower lately, you are doing something right! Good for you, hope you keep it up.

BookwormBetty, Diana_CT, meyery2k and 4 others like this

When I got home yesterday there was a big package for me.  It's the Omnipod insulin pump and supplies.  Pretty overwhelming.  Not sure this is going to work for me.  You have to calculate carbs before you eat anything and enter it in the handheld device.  Sounds like something for anal people, which is not me.  I'll give it a try though.  I have to meet with a lady to set it up and get instructions on how to use it.

Back in the office.  Doing our fall team outing today.  Lunch at Olive Garden then a tour of the Anheuser-Busch plant here in town.  Free beer samples.  :)  Everybody that lives here has to do it once.  Lol.  Oh and I feel MUCH better today.

Edited by FunDad62
janice21475, Diana_CT, meyery2k and 7 others like this

117 this morning. Fundad, glad you're feeling better. Your illness sounds miserable. Della, I'm jumping on the everyone bring a dish bandwagon!

janice21475, FunDad62, meyery2k and 7 others like this

119 this morning.

Those who can bring a dish will -- those that can't will have to bring empty tupperware -- I will be making a big batch of real, loaded, mashed potato -- and I will be foisting the leftovers off on my guests (I love this dish because I can make it the day before, stick it in the crock-pot the day of, and all the work and clean up is done before anyone arrives), I can take a tiny portion and sent it home with them!  

adiantum, Java, BookwormBetty and 7 others like this

107 this morning, and got my A1c results back from Friday...  I'm at 5.0.

janice21475, Carol_42, BookwormBetty and 9 others like this

100 this Chooseday. Today I choose to test the theory that sometimes it takes all day to get nothing done. Have a good one guys.

FunDad glad you're better. That tour of the plant sounds like fun. Free 🍺 is always welcome, wish I could be there 😁

Edited by Ahnanimus
TX_Clint, BookwormBetty, FunDad62 and 7 others like this

We were away for a couple of days doing boat chores.

Sunday - 86

Monday - 87

Tuesday- 85

Fundad, I hope you find the Omni-pod compatible and the meeting with the instructor goes well!

janice21475, macksvicky, Della Street and 7 others like this

44 minutes ago, Ahnanimus said:

100 this Chooseday. Today I choose to test the theory that sometimes it takes all day to get nothing done. Have a good one guys.

I like your thinking! My supervisor is on vacation till Thursday, so I plan on taking 2 whole days getting absolutely nothing done :D

Ahnanimus, meyery2k, Carol_42 and 6 others like this

93 this morning.

FunDad - Glad to see you will give the pump a fair try.  I had to work on calorie and carb counting when I was losing weight and it is not fun.  I hated doing it but it helped me to develop good habits.  Now that I have a routine, I don't count macros anymore but I still look at them on new foods I want to try.  There are many apps that make this chore much easier and with low carb there isn't a lot to count ;) 

Free beer is always an indicator of a good day!

Ahnanimus, macksvicky, Della Street and 7 others like this

Sounds storm yesterday was fun. power went out here at work yesterday afternoon. 

Evening is back up and running this morning except for my desktop and I have releases scheduled for today. going to be difficult to do from my tablet, especially since our software doesn't run on Android. 

Need to beg bosses for a new machine. 

macksvicky, FunDad62, TX_Clint and 5 others like this

I was woken early by a dog trying to get under the duvet. They had a hair cut yesterday so she mustve got cold without her fur coat.

Oh FunDad, the things you do to meet a new lady :rofl: 

7 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

I have to meet with a lady to set it up and get instructions on how to use it.

janice21475, BookwormBetty, FunDad62 and 7 others like this