GardenNinja

Morning Wake-Up Readings 2017

3,719 posts in this topic

83 mg/dl. Did a test with cottage cheese yesterday morning[1.2% carbs] got a 40 point spike. Like the soup Nazi from Seinfeld, its now , " no cottage cheese for you". 

JanetP, Java, FunDad62 and 6 others like this

The last couple of mornings my reading have been higher than I usually have, I hope that it is not a trend.

JanetP, Jeapa, adiantum and 5 others like this

The last couple of mornings my reading have been higher than I usually have, I hope that it is not a trend.

Maybe the winter causes higher readings, for whatever reason/s ?

meyery2k, FunDad62, Diana_CT and 1 other like this

123 and an upset stomach. No breakfast today. I'll take my meds (metformin and OTC naproxin sodium) to work in case I can take them later. Right now that's a big no.

TX_Clint, meyery2k, Orlando and 6 others like this

105 and feeling fine. :) Good morning world!! I'm getting migrated to Office 365. I'm just so lucky. /s

Java, Orlando, Jeapa and 7 others like this

I've been having stomach issues for a month now.  Every day.  It occurred to me yesterday that I always feel fine when I wake up and by the time I get to work it feels gross.  So today I didn't have any coffee at home or on the way in and I feel fine so far (other than being hungry because I didn't get coffee in my belly).  I've been drinking coffee since I was 18.  Wonder if I've developed an intolerance to it or maybe the lactose from the creamer?  I'll continue to experiment and see.

adiantum, Java, William V and 7 others like this

i'd cry for sure if i developed a coffee intolerance

76 for me this morning

haven't been in the mood to swim everyday nor really had the time to do it so i've been jogging on my mini trampoline instead ~ think i'm building some new leg muscles 

Jeapa, Orlando, meyery2k and 7 others like this

89 for me this morning.  I have learned the hard way that coffee is not my friend, neither is dairy. I love coffee with HWC and a glug of SF vanilla in it, but it most definitely does not love me and shows it in multiple ways.

I said "What the heck" and had a lovely large iced latte yesterday afternoon and paid for it last night.  I may have had 3 hours sleep since.  I was bouncing off the walls from the caffeine and trotting to the toilet because of the dairy.

I am reluctantly becoming a tea drinker, vanilla soy chai is my morning drink these days.

Diana_CT, William V, Java and 6 others like this

Dad and Betty, you may have Cedar Fever as we call it. An allergy to cedar trees that causes sinus drainage resulting in morning nausea which I clear up with a hot shower and a bit of hacking and coughing making terrible noises which wakes the wife who yells at me. Just a thought.

meyery2k, JanetP, janice21475 and 3 others like this

86 this morning?? I give up trying to figure out my liver lol. Last night I got home late so dinner was at almost 8:00pm. I ate an extra portion of fish and my bg was 128 when I went to bed at 11:00. No wine or snack and I get a great reading lol.

Kit, meyery2k, TX_Clint and 6 others like this

84 this morning.  I stopped by the doctor's office yesterday since it was my first anniversary seeing him.  The office kindly indulged me on a weigh-in.  210 pounds.  Down 103 pounds in one year.

Kit, cbokay, Jeapa and 9 others like this

84 this morning.  I stopped by the doctor's office yesterday since it was my first anniversary seeing him.  The office kindly indulged me on a weigh-in.  210 pounds.  Down 103 pounds in one year.

HOLY CRAP Mike!!!!!   That's freaking AWESOME!!!!  Congratulations!!!!

janice21475, William V, TX_Clint and 5 others like this

103 here for no good reason other than my meter hates me.  :D

It was really hard to get out of bed this morning.  We have a 2 story house and only have central heating on the first floor.  This usually isn't an issue as warm air rises and we like our bedroom to be cooler anyway.

But it got down into the teens last night and oh man it was hard to climb out of bed where Mr Fuzzy was still sleeping all warm and peaceful..  :)

William V, TX_Clint, JanetP and 5 others like this

17 outside  this morning.    Managed 107 this morning, after 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil and saki about 30 minutes before retiring.  That is an easy 10 under my norm.

meyery2k, JanetP, janice21475 and 6 others like this

So every time I think it may be something other than DP that causes higher morning fasting readings for me, I'm put back in my place. As I mentioned above it was 123 this morning and my stomach was upset so I didn't eat or take any meds. Five hours later - after 2 cups of coffee with half and half and about half a single-serve package of mixed nuts but not having taken any meds yet - it was at 104. No exercise either, other than the normal walking around the office that doesn't add up to much. I hate DP!

TX_Clint, William V, FunDad62 and 6 others like this

I think my sore throat isn't from me making little feminine noises throughout the night, but from my earache which has been with me since I had the cleaned.

FunDad, could it be the dairy product in your coffee? I used to start the day with flu like symptoms but that's in the past now I drink black coffee.

Jeapa, FunDad62, TX_Clint and 3 others like this

79 mg/dl early this morning.

Congratulations Mike,103 lbs off is really great. 

William V, JanetP, meyery2k and 6 others like this

Forgot to test this morning.  Changing my routine by not drinking coffee messed my mind up.  Not to mention I got a new yet-to-be-named roommate yesterday that won't leave my side. I'm trying to upload a picture to Photobucket but it's not cooperating this morning.  Grrrr.....

FunDad, could it be the dairy product in your coffee? I used to start the day with flu like symptoms but that's in the past now I drink black coffee.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking it may be too, although I use the same stuff in my coffee I've used for years.  A little half-n-half and a little splash of Coffee Mate French Vanilla.  Yesterday went good.  No upset stomach. I'm at work and so far so good today too.  I did stop and get a cup of coffee at McDonald's with creamer that I'm drinking now.  We'll see.  I'm surprised not having coffee hasn't made me feel worse.  It's actually not been a big deal.  Go figure.

Edited by FunDad62
Orlando, janice21475, adiantum and 5 others like this

112 this morning.

I started a new lot number for my test strips, it seems like they are stuffing more test strips into a smaller container.

It is snowing here and the rumble of the plows woke me up, so far we only had a couple of inches so far.

William V, FunDad62, adiantum and 6 others like this