Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cormac_Doyle

Can't seem to keep my enlight sensor attached!

8 posts in this topic

What do people use to keep their CGMS seansors attached?

I tried skintac + tegaderm ... fell off in 2 days

I tried two of the bandages that medtronic supplied ... this is barely 26  hours later and I'm running around looking for medical tape before I lose another sensor.

I honestly don't care if they are slated to work for 6 days, if they don't stay attached for even 2!!!

Call Medtronics and complain. They should work with you until you find something that stays on.

Cormac_Doyle likes this

What do people use to keep their CGMS seansors attached?

I tried skintac + tegaderm ... fell off in 2 days

I tried two of the bandages that medtronic supplied ... this is barely 26  hours later and I'm running around looking for medical tape before I lose another sensor.

I honestly don't care if they are slated to work for 6 days, if they don't stay attached for even 2!!!

When I had sensor I used tegaderm and worked great. I would put smaller tape Medtronic provided directly over the sensor then would put the bigger piece of tegaderm over top it.

Where are you inserting at, what part of body? I had much more success on my arm than core. May want to try arm if you're using core.

the first two have been in my core - I will definitely try my arm or leg next!

i use a tape called Hypafix, Its hard to peel off even after a few weeks of being on.

I split med tape in half and make a big X. Done and done. Ugly, but it sticks.

I use Opsite Flexi tape. Especially while taking a shower or swimming. A 10 yard role last me for several years.

I use OpSite Flexfix under my sensor (I insert through it) because my skin is extremely sensitive to adhesives. After about a week, I put another piece of Flexifix over the Dexcom patch (cutting a hole through it for the transmitter to stick out of), and then about a week after that, I put a Grifgrip or some RockTape on, both with holes cut out for the transmitter.

I have a co-worker who uses the Enlite sensors. His nurse just has him slap a Grifgrip over it, completely covering the sensor. He seems to have good luck with that.