buddy7

Do you need a hug?

32 posts in this topic

Mexico mourns 90 people killed by earthquake, on the Mexican coast.

About 500 People Evacuated in Southern Spain Due to massive wildfires.

Grenfell Tower fire? London... 80 people died.

Manchester Arena bombing ... UK 22 people died.

Harvey and Irma the most devastating hurricanes the world have ever seen.

Thousands of Rohingya refugees Muslims flee Myanmar for Bangladesh military build-up in violence

Rising tension between North Korea and the US.

Sudan world report 2017

Sudan’s human rights record remains abysmal, with continuing attacks on civilians by government forces in Darfur. According to the UN thousands of people are trying to flee the ongoing violence in South Sudan where 190,000 families are displaced”.

My heartfelt thoughts and profound daunting emotions goes out to all people around the world that are face today with natural disasters or ongoing civil unrest of armed conflicts.

A thought for the Rohingya refugees Muslims, fleeing their burnt-out homes to Bangladesh, through unprecedented violence of genocide, a thought for the weak, the starving, the displaced families and the profound and deepened unrest that’s being inflecting on them. So pleased to see the United Nations are playing an active role.

Buddy7 can do with a thoughtful and uplifting “hug” for some of the affecting tragedies around the world and in our cities today. And to those who have immediate families that are caught up, in the aftermath of the current natural disasters or in any tragedies.

At the moment all seem to be up in the air at once, when are we going to get some calm and peace?

Be safe out there!

“Do you need a hug”?

macksvicky likes this

Oooooooooooh Buddy...it sounds like you've had jehova witnesses knocking at your door.

They like to list the worlds gloom & doom & leave misery in their wake.

buddy7, janice21475 and macksvicky like this

that isn't true

they like to share their belief of a world in the future without sadness and crime

Edited by Java
JanetP, buddy7 and macksvicky like this

I never allowed them to hang around that long to get to the good parts

macksvicky likes this

i was raised as one

haven't been affiliated with religion of any sort for years

but my thoughts and hugs are with those affected by mother nature

JanetP, TX_Clint, macksvicky and 1 other like this

In my lifetime world population has risen from 2.5 billion to almost 8 billion. And this is the result. It was bad enough when tribes warred with tribes and countries warred with countries. Now the entire world is in turmoil. And, amid all that, nature is taking its toll as well.

macksvicky, adiantum, ran23 and 1 other like this

10 hours ago, adiantum said:

Oooooooooooh Buddy...it sounds like you've had jehova witnesses knocking at your door.

They like to list the worlds gloom & doom & leave misery in their wake.

My dear Lee, with all honesty and due respect, your misconception of me, have to say, and is totally wrong, you can’t be further from the truth. You see I have my own faith, but I do not believe in Jehovah, or come to think of it no other. I’m much as a heathen as any human being, not once have I mention god in my thread, I based my rhetoric on researched facts and basically what’s currently been going on in the world today. Yes I’ve mentioned god in some of my passed posts, probably, one can only presume, the story line led to that. That’s where you got that from, that I’m this great believer of some so called faith. But I’m not. I do not believe. One can only apologise if I’ve mislead you at some time.

Quote:

“Mark Twain described how a good writer treats sentences: “At times he may indulge himself with a long one, but he will make sure there are no folds in it, no vagueness’s, no parenthetical interruptions of its view as a whole; when he has done with it, it won’t be a sea-serpent with half of its arches under the water; it will be a torch-light procession.” He also might’ve said: “Write with clarity and don’t be indulgent.

I’d like to think as a un-pro author, the clarity of my rhetoric at all times, should be as clear as a lighted torch for all to view. Which obviously is not hard.

JanetP likes this

10 hours ago, Java said:

that isn't true

they like to share their belief of a world in the future without sadness and crime

And would our world be such a better place for everyone, one will like to think so.

But of course that’s not going to happen.

16 hours ago, Java said:

i was raised as one

haven't been affiliated with religion of any sort for years

but my thoughts and hugs are with those affected by mother nature

My dear Angie, thanks for your “hug” for those affected poor people that’s been hit by the current hurricane Harvey and Irma.

And here’s my hug back:  

Actually, that’s what the thread was all about. Not religion.:D Just a "hug".

hug.jpg

Edited by buddy7
TX_Clint and Java like this

17 hours ago, NoraWI said:

In my lifetime world population has risen from 2.5 billion to almost 8 billion. And this is the result. It was bad enough when tribes warred with tribes and countries warred with countries. Now the entire world is in turmoil. And, amid all that, nature is taking its toll as well.

Love it, a great response!! Completely in agreement.

Java, TX_Clint and JanetP like this

To all who may be in need of one, for whatever reasons.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

TX_Clint, buddy7, Java and 2 others like this

7 hours ago, JanetP said:

To all who may be in need of one, for whatever reasons.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks Janet for your big hug,

And here's yours.:D

hug2.jpg

Edited by buddy7
JanetP, TX_Clint, macksvicky and 1 other like this

Nothing like Harvey or Irma, we had our 1st seasonal storm last night, no damage. Just a few garden chairs blown over. Winds up to about 60 mph.

macksvicky and Java like this

London tube bucket bomb!!

My younger daughter works for a law abiding security firm in London, set out for work as she normally do, got into work much earlier Friday morning than usual, but, within minutes, she got a what’s app text message from her senior manager asking her, are you ok? Have you got into work safe, she was kind of trouble by his questioning? but what unfold later, his questioning were to establish, if she got caught-up in the London Tube train bucket bomb.

By 09.22 hrs she taxed me to confirm she’s OK, as a rule she’s normally there about on that morning train, so to put my mind at rest, I’m at work, all well. Needless to say I was overwhelm that no harm came to her. 29 people injured on the train.

In from work Friday evening, she stopped off home to see us, just to let us know what happen, and by god she needed a “hug” was so pleased to see her.

TX_Clint, Java, macksvicky and 1 other like this

Glad your daughter got to work earlier than normal and that she is OK. 

Sending her a big from across the pond. 

buddy7, Java and TX_Clint like this

1 hour ago, Java said:

so glad your daughter is safe

HUGS

Oh! Thank you so, so much Angie.

macksvicky, TX_Clint and Java like this

1 hour ago, macksvicky said:

Glad your daughter got to work earlier than normal and that she is OK. 

Sending her a big from across the pond. 

My heartfelt thanks to you Vicky, I don’t even want to envisage what would’ve happen, had she caught the later train. My girls are very special to me.

“Hugs” to you.

lovely.jpg

TX_Clint, Java, macksvicky and 1 other like this

Funny how a snap decision, like going to work early can have such a huge difference in how your world can be affected. I get you though, no matter how old they get, they will always be your babies.   

janice21475, TX_Clint, Java and 1 other like this

12 hours ago, macksvicky said:

Funny how a snap decision, like going to work early can have such a huge difference in how your world can be affected. I get you though, no matter how old they get, they will always be your babies.   

Yes Vicky! Sometimes you can appreciate life more, when “snap decisions”, work’s out for the better. Because, it’s a rear opportunity to have many of these in a life time.

“They will always be your babies”. And you’re so right Vicky. 

Three of my girls are away this weekend, one of my daughters gone away for the weekend to the city of Nottingham (Robin hood country) visiting her friend, another daughter live, but stuck in London car problems, third daughter took her daughter my grand to be enrolled at the Kent University to study Law for 3 years, and my fourth daughter, (as Mum wasn’t well yesterday), spent most of the day with me shopping, so hopefully, all or most will pop-in this evening to see Mum and I before they’re back to work on Monday. But amidst all that I’m having a great weekend.

And, for you do have a great weekend with your family, please have a good day.

B7 

macksvicky, TX_Clint and Java like this

I need a hug.

Had my upper teeth pulled today. Ouch!

TX_Clint, macksvicky and buddy7 like this

9 hours ago, janice21475 said:

I need a hug.

Had my upper teeth pulled today. Ouch!

Oh Janice! So sorry to hear you’ve had a tooth out, can only hope by now the pain has subsided. Lost a couple molars some years ago, so can relate to what you’re going through.

My dear Mum had always says to us, tooth ache can be one of the worst pains one could ever experience.

A big “hug” to you Janice. 

sharp pain.jpg

janice21475, JanetP, meyery2k and 2 others like this