Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
don1942

Enlight Sensor shortage

2 posts in this topic

I am down to my last sensor so I Called CCS medical, my Medtronic Medicare sub contractor, to reorder my Enlight sensors. I was advised that they were on back order and may not be shipped for several days. Later in the day I call Medtronic to get more information regarding the back order. The Medtronic agent confirmed that they were indeed on back order.due to demand and production problems. When I asked when they would be available she said she did not know but shouldn't be more than a few days. I told her I only had six days left on my last sensor and asked what I should do. She replied that I should call my doctor. 

Anyone else in this predicament?

Edited by don1942

Enlight sensors, Guardian sensors and insulin pumps are made in Puerto Rico.  The manufacturing plant is getting back up to speed after the hurricane but there is a shortage of sensors and pumps.  I know many who are waiting for sensors for their new 670g pumps have been told they won’t have the backorders for Guardian sensors fixed until well into next year.  Some priority access users will still get their supply of sensors.  Others are just going to have to hold out until they have the backorders caught up.  

Pumps are are still useable and there is no shortage of cannulas nor reservoirs.  It just means going back to finger sticks for awhile.