Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keljo

A ray of hope

keljo

I haven't posted in a long time ( it seems) and basically because I was worn down by my DH and his still stubborn denial phase of being diabetic. He is famous for saying that his diabetes is fine and he knows it because he feels great :dontknow: . I always tell him to prove it and test his sugar. Of course he can't find either of the 2 meters we have. Oddly enough I always can, lol. This week he tested finally because he wanted to prove his Hawaiin Punch wasn't raising his bs. Sunday it was 586, yesterday it was too high to register :thumpdown . On Sunday we were watching a show on hurricaine katrina and a woman was talking about how she couldn't get out of her home as she was in a wheelchair becuase she had recently lost a leg due to diabetes. I whipped my head around and just looked at DH and said nothing. Well. . . last night he didn't get mad at me for starting the subject again. I asked if he was willing to work with me and I can help him get his bs down to a healthy range and yet he can still eat his favorite foods. He was open and I explained . . .again . . . that he had to cut the simple carbs and sugars way down and increase protein and complex carbs. He was open to it, or more so it seemed. This morning I asked him if he wanted a sandwhich for lunch. I sent him off to work with a meatloaf sandwhich, small salad, small piece of fruit and a cereal bar. Not the best lunch, but a heck of a lot better than what he usually eats. I really hope he can work with me and not cheat as he usually does.

liz32

Keep up the good and hard work. It's hard to encourage someone else to eat the way they should...it's hard enough to do ourselves. Hopefully he'll see that you just really care and that it's not about nagging. He definately needs to get his numbers down.

Liz

keljo

Yeah - it's become more of a stress btwn us over the last couple of months. We're expecting our first child in February and he hasn't yet grasped that he will not see his child grown up to graduate. I wish I had a bat to hit him over the head with somedays.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.