Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beleive

? symilin?

beleive

Going to ask my doctor about this,my diet is high carb with high fat.(working on that).But looks like this would help me out alot.I get highs after eating.Another question why dont they sell insulin with symilin mixed in?Also how do figure how much to take.thanks

rzrbks

"I", to quote Sgt. Schultz of Hogan's Heros, know nothink." about symilin

But I'm been wanting to post this for some time now, and you got picked, lucky you.

Way, WAY

:topic:

When you're symilin

When you're symilin

The whole world symils with you.

And when you're laughin'

When you're laughin'

The sun comes shinin' through.

When you're cryin',

You bring on the rain,

So, stop you're sighin',

Won't you be happy again!

When you're symilin

Keep on symilin

And the whole world symils with you.

JediSkipdogg

The reason they don't sell it mixed is because you take a certain amount of it. And that amount is a set amount, you don't base it off of food or insulin intake. If it was mixed in with insulin, you'd get different amounts based on how much insulin you take. So it you take 20 units of insulin for a meal, you'd have a much greater effect than 2 units for a cookie.

beleive

thanks for info,understand.Sorry for the spelling,sometimes mess up with kids crawling and talking to you at once.Oh well,Id rather mess spell than lack there attention.thanks

Cyborg

They did some tests with regards to mixing Symlin and insulin. I've heard rumors some pumpers are mixing it in thier pumps. IMO, there is not enough research being done with regards to this synthetic hormone. I use Symlin and it absolutely helps with post meal bg spikes. I often wonder what a low steady dose would do to the overall blood sugars. :hmmmm:

caryj

I was reading up on Symlin and apparently they explicitly say not to mix Symlin with insulin. It maybe the same issue like Lantus not being able to be mixed with other insulins too.

But adding something to my insulin pump to reduce the post meal spikes would be cool.

Cyborg

I'm not suggesting it, nor trying it... But there were tests done and referenced earlier in the forum. I believe no negative reactions occurred during the clinical trials.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.