Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonJayhawk

"Diabetes Freebies for You and Me!" Thread

JasonJayhawk

I'd like to start a thread on available freebie offers that relate to diabetes. I've referred some people to various freebie forums, but realized that the people who would benefit from these deals don't have time to go to those places.

Here we go...... :driver:

Please do not abuse the offers contained within, and make any attempt you can at keeping the non-diabetic "moguls" from taking advatange and using these offers to sell on eBay (or just to fill up their mailbox).

These deals are likely to expire, so it might be hard to keep the list current, but good luck...

1. Coupon for BOOST Glucose Control Nutritional Drink (6 pack):

https://www.howidodiabetes.com/info/tools/enroll_contact.jsp

2. Free "dlife" t-shirt, blood drop squeezie, and coupon for free Flash meter with purchase of 100 test strips:

Sign up at dlife.com. Additionally, they have a new option to check in the profile configuration (once you've signed up) to request a free glucose meter. No idea what meter will come.

3. Free sample of Glucoburst (15 gram liquid hypoglycemic treatment, cherry flavored) http://www.glucoburst.com/try-glucoburst-free.asp

Most Type 1's won't like either of these meters, due to the large sample size and slow (15-20 second) response time, but here we go:

4. Bayer Ascencia Contour meter. They'll mail you one in a box. Please don't abuse.

http://www.bayermeters.com/contour.asp

5. Bayer Breeze meter. Same as above. Say it's an upgrade to an older meter. Again, don't abuse.

http://www.bayermeters.com/breeze.asp

6. Free "Multibetic" vitamin sample, lotion sample, and coupon for sugar-free cold/allergy medicine ($1 off), and sometimes they even ship a sample of that in a cardboard packet: http://www.diabeticproducts.com/pages/about_sample.asp

7. Free book, "Lora Takes Charge", for children, from Animas.

http://www.animascorp.com/products/lara.shtml

8. Free anemia test kit (well, I'm just throwing this in).

http://www.anemiapro.com/

I think this is a good start. There are more out there. Figured the Chit-Chat forum would be the right place to keep this going. :stupido:

camjen1

Jason how awesome are you to help out like that. Can I have your permission to add free stuff not related to diabetes?

JasonJayhawk

CaptDave, "Propose, don't oppose." If you don't like something, you should propose something better, or keep quiet. There is no such thing as a free lunch, so a free glucose meter or free sample of glucose is nice to a Type 1 diabetic who contributes $10,000 USD per year to the economy for taking care of their health. You will go far in life if you can propose before opposing. :tee:

Thanks, camjen1! You can contribute anything you'd like! We have to be careful about turning this into a freebie forum because there are sites that do that, but if you ever come across something that you think your friends on this forum would like, go ahead and contribute!

The hard thing is keeping this document updated to remove dead links and dead offers, since we can't edit back. Maybe an updated list every month or so will work.

JediSkipdogg

I think I can find a bunch of free stuff as I run across them in my email every day (and I don't mean spam ones.) Heck, I'm just glad I have insurance, considering I ordeded 3 months of supplies this morning that costs me $90, but in total were $1002.53. I feel sorry for those not on insurance, so anything to help them out is great. Not to mention I like free stuff myself so I can try it out and review it for others to use or not use.

CaptDave4499
JasonJayhawk CaptDave, "Propose, don't oppose." If you don't like something, you should propose something better, or keep quiet. There is no such thing as a free lunch, so a free glucose meter or free sample of glucose is nice to a Type 1 diabetic who contributes $10,000 USD per year to the economy for taking care of their health. You will go far in life if you can propose before opposing.
Retract your claws bro, just stating my opinion. I hope they help others, but they do nothing for this cripple in a wheelchair. Sorry for negative attitude,but that's my life.

spike
CaptDave, "Propose, don't oppose." If you don't like something, you should propose something better, or keep quiet. There is no such thing as a free lunch, so a free glucose meter or free sample of glucose is nice to a Type 1 diabetic who contributes $10,000 USD per year to the economy for taking care of their health. You will go far in life if you can propose before opposing. :tee:

Maybe if you read his profile, you could cut him a bit of slack? I doubt you've gone through what he has. Can we all get along here, folks?

MedsManSteve

Thanks for the free stuff links Jayson!

As far as the negative attitude from Cpt Dave, I don't know him and I agree we all have an opinion. That's what America is about and what forums are designed for... to learn, vent, talk, express, and inform etc.

I meet people everyday, some are on one extreme end of the scale with a bad attitude about life in general, and they see everything as dark, gloomy and hopeless. On the other end are those that see everything as wonderful, beautiful, and "flarmy" (fluffy-warmy, just came up with that new word just now dare say) even when it's obvious to the rest of the world it is NOT. Somewhere in between lies the remainder of the populace, we... can see those two extremes easily, however those living in it cannot.

So anyway, I believe we should accept people for what they are and be thankful we're not all cloned from one personality or attitude, we'd die of boredom no doubt! I can barely stand myself somedays, I'd sure hate to have to work with myself, buy groceries from myself, or even visit here and then God forbid... talk to myself!

Going off the deep end, just wanted to say thanks to Jason for the free links then I got off onto a tangent there. More coffee or more sleep, not sure.

Steve

:goodnight

JasonJayhawk

Thanks, Steve!

Speaking of free coffee, here's a chance to get a free Senseo coffee machine. No guarantee that you'll get it, but I received mine last month. For a short time, they removed the offer from their site, because people were taking their Senseo coffee machines back to the store (without receipt) and getting a $75 credit from Walmart in the form of gift-cards. Now, they mark the UPC codes with black pens -- but then someone found that alcohol swabs removed the ink. So now they slash them with knives.

Anyhow, here's the survey:

http://senseo.eprize.net/survey/index.tbapp?page=intro&session_id=q3hu3wlkn4kgiomc%20&affiliate_id=1b&noflash=flash

They won't ask your address or anything like that. You will receive an email in 2-4 weeks if you qualify. Basically, to qualify, you have to sound like a social butterfly and a buzzer of great products.

If you manage to get this, be sure to report back your success!

By the way, Steve, the link you provided for the free glucose meter isn't actually free unless you give them your insurance information and switch over to using them for diabetes supplies. That company actually has a referral program and the referring site (usually an email spam) makes money for people who sign up for the deal.

(I've seen them around spamland before). :tee:

Maybe you'll just need some free coffee!

(Mine also came with 18 free Medium Roast pods.)

JasonJayhawk

Shipping for above is $3.95, so not totally "free" -- might find a better deal in a store for those kinds of socks. Thanks for the post, though!

camjen1

Jason the #8 link for the free anemia test is a bunch of garbage. Those sneaky companies make you think you'll recieve a test but really it's just info regarding Procrit the treatment for anemia. No test what so ever. :hmpf:

Maybe one of the modes can delete the #8 if it's okay with you Jason?

JasonJayhawk

I received two anemia test kits (along with info for Procrit) from that deal. I wish I could edit it to include your warnings -- but I did receive the tests (for two relatives). Of course, it came with a lot of literature for Procrit, too.

This was around July of 2006. Maybe they aren't doing it anymore -- so freebie shopper beware!

JasonJayhawk

Looking for a free OneTouch Ultra2 meter?

Here's your survey to fill out. You're diabetic, you test 4+ times per day, and you use an insulin pump or shots several times a day.

https://www.lifescan.com/products/simplestart/

After the survey, the next page (as of this writing) will ask you if you would like a OneTouch Ultra2 meter to be sent to you, as well as an educational DVD and booklet.

Offer only good until it's worn out. The freebie message boards (with non-diabetic muggles) are chewing this one alive, so it probably won't last long.

Printable coupon to Target (and TARGET ONLY) for full-sized Simple Pleasures Fabric softener. This stuff smells great!

http://www.vocalpoint.com/simplepleasures/coupon.html

Enjoy. Expires VERY soon (10-28-06) so get moving! :wavey:

EDIT: NEVERMIND-- It's not a pure freebie. You have to buy something first. Sorry about that. Might be nice for someone, but I wish I hadn't printed out 5 of these coupons before reading the fine print.

JasonJayhawk

Byetta Travel Start Kit.

Includes a nice pouch to hold a Byetta pen, an ice pack to keep it cool during travel, and a lifetime of marketing material delivered to your mailbox!

Get the most out of the BYETTA program. Just fill out the form, and we'll send you a Welcome Kit with a progress journal, a reminder magnet, and a Travel Pack to help keep your pen cool when you're on the go.

"While supplies last..."

https://secure.hibbertgroup.com/byetta/init.do

Keezheekoni

Sign up for the Keeping Well With Diabetes online newsletter and receive a mail-in certificate for up to $25 back from Novo Nordisk.

$25 Rebate on NovoLog from Novo Nordisk!

Now, once you've signed up, it gives you a .pdf file to print out of the mail-in rebate certificate. So, if you don't want the newsletter, once you've printed it go back in and remove yourself from the mailing list.

Offer only valid in the USA. If you have insurance and you medication co-pay is less than $25, you will receive the amount of your co-pay.

Rebate is available for prescriptions for the NovoLog FlexPen, NovoLog vials, and NovoLog 3mL PenFill cartridges.

JasonJayhawk

Get Your FREE OptiClik® Carrying Case

The mumbo jumbo states:

Simply fill out the survey to receive your free OptiClik® carrying case. It's an easy way to protect your OptiClik® pen and Lantus® cartridges.

The OptiClik® pen and case help to make once-daily 24-hour lantus® convenient for people with diabetes.

https://www.lantus.com/offer/carrying_case.aspx

right2fight

For newly dx'd children the ADA Wisdom Kit is free and from the JDRF there is a backpack available for children with diabetes and it has some informative stuff. Margaret

JasonJayhawk

--Offer only good as it lasts...---

Freestyle Flash / Freedom / Precision Xtra. Your choice!

To receive your no charge meter simply fill out the following enrollment information and click the "Submit" button at the end of the page. All fields in bold are required for online registration.

Fields listed in BOLD are required.

By clicking on the "Submit" button, I understand that the information I've provided will be used only by Abbott and its contracted third parties to give me helpful information on diabetes and related treatments, products and services and for marketing and information purposes. Abbott will not sell or transfer my personal information.

California Resident

If you are a California resident, please complete and mail in a consent form by clicking on the link titled "Download Consent Form". We cannot contact you again until we receive your signed authorization form. For California residents, this consent is valid for 5 years from the date of submission.

Link: Abbott Diabetes Care

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.