Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonJayhawk

"Diabetes Freebies for You and Me!" Thread

EeyoreButterfly

Thank you for showing us this site! I am having fun and learning a lot. I've done all the surveys, signed up for the "Reaching Target" program, and right now I am exploring the Tool Box. It's a great way to learn about the different options out there for testing and treating- and getting freebies while doing it! So far I have earned 2 a1c tests, 2 boxes of Dreamfields, 2 tubes of glucose gel, an Ultra Mini, a Renew Lancing Device, and BD Ultra Fine Needles. Now, if they would only offer test strips. :D

andypoo

I just got my Vitazest.........drank the pomegranate.yummy and refreshing,I'll probably be ordering some more.

gettingby

My MIL wants to try the Freestyle Lite. If anyone comes across a link for a free one, please post it.

HuskerMychal

If that dont work, PM me your address and I will give you mine. I do not use it and am going to the Dexcom Seven CGM in 1 week

EeyoreButterfly
If that dont work, PM me your address and I will give you mine. I do not use it and am going to the Dexcom Seven CGM in 1 week

Mychal, you'll have to tell us how you like it! I just watched the video for it on Healthy Outcomes and was mightily impressed.

HuskerMychal

I will make a thread when I get it. I have been getting a wide range of sugars i 8 hour period, like 2 nights ago i was 180 at 7 pm, took my shot and ate. at 9pm i was 201, but that is ok u-500 takes a little more 3 hors on me. I had a couple pieces of celery for a snack and went to bed at 11 with a BG of 149, I woke up at 2 am with hip pain (bad hip) and when i started to go in to go potty i got dizzy, then started shaking and sweating, byppassed the peeing and took my sugars. It was 61, no juice or milk, Had to mix up a frozen juice with warm water LOL. but got it up to 87 30 minutes later. then woke up with a 330 :eek: :eek: . Hopefully the alarm and the 5 minutes between tests will help this.

palefacegirl03
I will make a thread when I get it. I have been getting a wide range of sugars i 8 hour period, like 2 nights ago i was 180 at 7 pm, took my shot and ate. at 9pm i was 201, but that is ok u-500 takes a little more 3 hors on me. I had a couple pieces of celery for a snack and went to bed at 11 with a BG of 149, I woke up at 2 am with hip pain (bad hip) and when i started to go in to go potty i got dizzy, then started shaking and sweating, byppassed the peeing and took my sugars. It was 61, no juice or milk, Had to mix up a frozen juice with warm water LOL. but got it up to 87 30 minutes later. then woke up with a 330 :eek: :eek: . Hopefully the alarm and the 5 minutes between tests will help this.

A couple of spoonfuls of the frozen concentrate would have work too:D

HuskerMychal

Would have but at that time you don't exactly think he best. Also because of my old meth addiction I can not tolerate Ice Cold in my mouth, too many bad teeth.

palefacegirl03
Would have but at that time you don't exactly think he best. Also because of my old meth addiction I can not tolerate Ice Cold in my mouth, too many bad teeth.

so true, I have been known to just stand there by the fridge or freezer with the door open eating ice cream or something like that and not even remembering it the next day:eek:

those lows get scary sometimes

EeyoreButterfly

For those of you doing Healthy Outcomes that were given a coupon for the Mini, did they email it to you or mail it to you?

HuskerMychal

I got mine in my email and have already recieved mine in the snail mail. Keep a look out in your Junk mail because some of mine from healthy outcomes have ended up there.

foxl
If anybody finds a link for a free Avvia I would be trilled! :)

Don't know of any links but my Endo's CDE gave me one -- with 150 strips!

hardingnerd

Lucky! I keep hearing good things about it but can't aford to pay to get one myself. :(

That is awesome it came with 150 strips.

slwood321

The healthy outcomes site is cool.

Does anyone know how to get an infrared cable for the accu check aviva. You have to have one to download information to their software.

Thanks.

slwood321

I got my aviva at walgreens for $10. Just keep an eye or their ads. They also usually have mail in rebates that make them free.

palefacegirl03
Lucky! I keep hearing good things about it but can't aford to pay to get one myself. :(

That is awesome it came with 150 strips.

call the 800 number for Accu Chek, just tell them that you would like to try out the Aviva and they will send one for free.

They have sent me both the Aviva and the Compact plus.

1-800-858-8072

Jay B

I received my Dreamfields pasta reward from Healthy Outcomes today. They sent a box of spaghetti and ten-$1 off coupons. What a deal!

hardingnerd
call the 800 number for Accu Chek, just tell them that you would like to try out the Aviva and they will send one for free.

They have sent me both the Aviva and the Compact plus.

1-800-858-8072

I already have a meter but it didn't come with any strips.

palefacegirl03
I already have a meter but it didn't come with any strips.

I got a sample bottle of 10 strips with the Aviva meter and an additional bottle of 50 came with it to try, same with the Compact plus, it came with one drum of 17 strips and then an additional box with 3 drums in it , 51 strips, 4 drums =68 strips total with that one.:D

hardingnerd
I got a sample bottle of 10 strips with the Aviva meter and an additional bottle of 50 came with it to try, same with the Compact plus, it came with one drum of 17 strips and then an additional box with 3 drums in it , 51 strips, 4 drums =68 strips total with that one.:D

I would be to afraid to call and ask for one. I am such a chicken baby. :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.