Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonJayhawk

"Diabetes Freebies for You and Me!" Thread

palefacegirl03
I would be to afraid to call and ask for one. I am such a chicken baby. :(

It is easy, just call them and say I have been using xyz meter and have heard lots of good things about the Accu Chek meters and was wondering if I could have one sent to me so that I can try it out ?

See easy:T

hardingnerd
It is easy, just call them and say I have been using xyz meter and have heard lots of good things about the Accu Chek meters and was wondering if I could have one sent to me so that I can try it out ?

See easy:T

I did it!! They lady was uber sweet. Also it helps that I sound like a very nice young teen. LOL

palefacegirl03
I did it!! They lady was uber sweet. Also it helps that I sound like a very nice young teen. LOL

told you , it is easy

KentT

Any idea how to get data cable and software for the Aviva? I use one and so far like it. If I can't get either, I will need to switch to the UltraSmart I used to use.

Tattoo azz

Kent... Call the customer care line for your meter and tell them you were told software and cable were sent to you but it's been 3 weeks, they will then send you both that day!! i know it's a bit dishonest but hey.

KentT

I called Accu-Chek and told them how much I liked the Aviva. I then asked how difficult it would be to get their cable and software. I was transferred over to another line and after some discussion, I was then offered complimentary Accu-Chek Compass software and a cable. They're very friendly. I am supposed to get it in a few days.

Penny

I picked up a coupon at the pharmacy that showed a cute "FREE color meter wallet". Just go to Free wallet registration. I went, but it kept telling me I was giving the wrong answers to questions like...my telephone number, I finally gave up, but maybe someone else will have better luck. It is for a contour meter, very cute little case.

gene artiano
I'd like to start a thread on available freebie offers that relate to diabetes. I've referred some people to various freebie forums, but realized that the people who would benefit from these deals don't have time to go to those places.

Here we go...... :driver:

Please do not abuse the offers contained within, and make any attempt you can at keeping the non-diabetic "moguls" from taking advatange and using these offers to sell on eBay (or just to fill up their mailbox).

These deals are likely to expire, so it might be hard to keep the list current, but good luck...

1. Coupon for BOOST Glucose Control Nutritional Drink (6 pack):

https://www.howidodiabetes.com/info/tools/enroll_contact.jsp

2. Free "dlife" t-shirt, blood drop squeezie, and coupon for free Flash meter with purchase of 100 test strips:

Sign up at dlife.com. Additionally, they have a new option to check in the profile configuration (once you've signed up) to request a free glucose meter. No idea what meter will come.

3. Free sample of Glucoburst (15 gram liquid hypoglycemic treatment, cherry flavored) Get a Free GlucoBurst Sample

Most Type 1's won't like either of these meters, due to the large sample size and slow (15-20 second) response time, but here we go:

4. Bayer Ascencia Contour meter. They'll mail you one in a box. Please don't abuse.

[/url]

5. Bayer Breeze meter. Same as above. Say it's an upgrade to an older meter. Again, don't abuse.

6. Free "Multibetic" vitamin sample, lotion sample, and coupon for sugar-free cold/allergy medicine ($1 off), and sometimes they even ship a sample of that in a cardboard packet: Untitled Document

7. Free book, "Lora Takes Charge", for children, from Animas.

8. Free anemia test kit (well, I'm just throwing this in).

System Maintenance

I think this is a good start. There are more out there. Figured the Chit-Chat forum would be the right place to keep this going. :stupido:

i have another freebee

do a survey and get free samples of a product i use to help maintain my blood suger USAloe Survey promo code hjq966 i have lost weight with the control and use advanced daily to keep the blood under control

palefacegirl03

Penny, I tried registering for it too, kept getting error messages on my serial numbers too. I called and spoke with someone. I am supposed to get the new case/wallet and 4 batteries, since I have two Contours with dead batteries and they take 2 each of those little round ones, I am supposed to get free batteries for the life of my meters.

Did this wallet coupon have any other info , expiration date or anything?

volleyball
Bayer HealthCare has a free 50 page workbook "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People with Diabetes" written by Dr. Stephen R. Covey. The workbook includes a CD narrated by the author. https://www.bayerdiabetesstore.com/

I got that "book", more like a pamphlet, awhile ago, not really worth the price IMO

art

Publix

FREE generic Metformin 30 day quantiles with a prescription

posted it before but it flew past

Art

Brucelegs

made the phone call today and said I currently use the One Touch Ultra Mini (got a nice collection of colors going), but was wondering if I there was a way I could get coupons (well or a freebie) for the compact plus since i was intrigued by the strips in the cylinder and no fumbling around to fish a test strip of the film canister thingy. they are FedEx-ing a meter and some test strip cartridges to me - w00t (as the kids say) they were EXTREMELY nice on the phone

kvnkrby

I have 4 vouchers for a free box of Humalog Kwik Pens that I won't be able to use before they expire. You can redeem one every six months.

Send me a PM with an address if you can use one (or two) and I'll drop them in the mail.

kvnkrby
I have 4 vouchers for a free box of Humalog Kwik Pens that I won't be able to use before they expire. You can redeem one every six months.

Send me a PM with an address if you can use one (or two) and I'll drop them in the mail.

Anyone else interested? I've still got some vouchers that will go unused before they expire.

johnreal

Jason how awesome are you to help out like that. Can I have your permission to add free stuff not related to diabetes?

Harold
Jason how awesome are you to help out like that. Can I have your permission to add free stuff not related to diabetes?

Not in this thread.

Ptowngurl23

I have a few to add myself!

If you call up accu-check and just politely ask to try their meter they are more than happy to send you one. I recieved mine today from fed ex after only 3 days! And it came with 60 strips! Yay! Plus a great catalog of customizing options!

Also I got a free sharps container from here.. It came yesterday and it rocks!

https://www.enbrel.com/order-sharps-container.jspx

Also.. if you go the atkins website and register they will send you a free sample kit! Which includes a carb counting guide, some recipes and 3 bars to try! They were SOOOO tasty and very low carb. Didnt spike me at all. These bars are usually $2 each. Good luck all!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.