Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonJayhawk

"Diabetes Freebies for You and Me!" Thread

JasonJayhawk

This one MIGHT not work. It seems to be specified towards specific people and/or insurance companies. You can give it a try if you're looking for a meter, though.

The site asks for your insurance plan so it is possibly they cross reference the name, but I wouldn't put it.

Step 1: Use "..." for the Insurance Provider Drop Down Box.

Step 2: Choose the monitor of your choice:Ultra 2 or One Touch Ultra Smart.

Step 3: Enter your contact information. Where it asks for the BD Monitor number, use: 1-888-232-2737

Lastly, it gives you a confirmation: "Thank you for selecting a new OneTouch® Blood Glucose Meter. You will receive your new OneTouch® UltraSmart® Meter and Simple Start™ education materials within 3 business days. "

Link:

OneTouch Meter Offer

pinkytricia

Thank you Jason...

I ordered an One Touch Ultra 2 for my hubby.... Oh !!! He will be thrilled !!! he hates it when I poke him.... Hopefully, he will be motivated to use it since It looks like a Blackberry from far away...lol :bandit:

Petruchio
--Offer only good as it lasts...---

Freestyle Flash / Freedom / Precision Xtra. Your choice!

*snip*

This offer has ended. :hmpf:

MJM
Thanks for the free stuff links Jayson!

As far as the negative attitude from Cpt Dave, I don't know him and I agree we all have an opinion. That's what America is about and what forums are designed for... to learn, vent, talk, express, and inform etc.

I meet people everyday, some are on one extreme end of the scale with a bad attitude about life in general, and they see everything as dark, gloomy and hopeless. On the other end are those that see everything as wonderful, beautiful, and "flarmy" (fluffy-warmy, just came up with that new word just now dare say) even when it's obvious to the rest of the world it is NOT. Somewhere in between lies the remainder of the populace, we... can see those two extremes easily, however those living in it cannot.

So anyway, I believe we should accept people for what they are and be thankful we're not all cloned from one personality or attitude, we'd die of boredom no doubt! I can barely stand myself somedays, I'd sure hate to have to work with myself, buy groceries from myself, or even visit here and then God forbid... talk to myself!

Going off the deep end, just wanted to say thanks to Jason for the free links then I got off onto a tangent there. More coffee or more sleep, not sure.

Steve

:goodnight

Steve, I'm with you 100 per cent. Well said.

w5wjp

Some where on the Humalog site....http://www.humalog.com, I found a place to print out coupons good for a free vial (x2) or a free box of pens (x2). After you print the coupons the link disappears so I can't give you the exact link. Supposedly, it will reappear in one year and you can do it again. The only pharmacy around me that will accept these coupons is CVS. Walgreens won't accept any coupons from the internet. Oh, you will need a script from you doc too. Two free vials or 2 free boxes per year aren't much but better than paying for them.

JasonJayhawk
Some where on the Humalog site....http://www.humalog.com, I found a place to print out coupons good for a free vial (x2) or a free box of pens (x2). After you print the coupons the link disappears so I can't give you the exact link. Supposedly, it will reappear in one year and you can do it again. The only pharmacy around me that will accept these coupons is CVS. Walgreens won't accept any coupons from the internet. Oh, you will need a script from you doc too. Two free vials or 2 free boxes per year aren't much but better than paying for them.

Novo Nordisk did the same with insulin pens about two years ago. It was nice getting a $115 freebie when I needed it! (I think Novo Nordisk still does a $25 mail-in rebate towards their 70/30 mixed insulin, and every once in awhile, a $25 mail-in rebate for Novolog).

I checked out the Humalog.com site and searched using various tricks but could not locate any link. Perhaps the link appears after surfing their site for a bit. If you delete your web browser's cookies, they would assume you are a new visitor, and the link would reappear. (There is no other way they could hide a link from you). I don't use Humalog and don't have plans to switch, but I figured I'd try to find it for anyone else who could save some money with it.

As far as uses of the printed certificate, my Walgreens has never had a problem with certificates like you mention. You likely already used the coupon at CVS, and then attempted to use it at Walgreens. The pharmacies in the USA use a database network from Argus which indicated that you have already received your free offer. Try going to Walmart, Costco, or any other computerized pharmacy, and you'll discover that they won't accept the coupon, either. It's a one-shot deal (no pun intended).

The pharmacist simply types in the numbers on your certificate (bin number, patient number) and the computer instantly requests the $$$ payment for the product, just as if you were using an insurance card. They can instantly know if you're covered or not.

The only way to get around this limitation is to sign up for the certificate with a different name and address. Then, when going to the pharmacy, say that you are a new patient, and provide new details (including address and phone number) as to not bring up your old record... and a new birthdate. It might be easier to just ask your endo for free samples. :whistling

JasonJayhawk

Just wanted to bump this up...

Bayer has a new version of their Contour meter out. The old one took 15 seconds to give results... the new one takes 5 seconds.

I just received the new version today with 20 sample test strips. Haven't tried it out yet (I was unhappy with the last sample meter they sent me, the one with the disk -- because 80% of the results came back with an error!).

Took about a week to get (in USA).

"Added bonus! You will receive a free subscription to Diabetic Cooking when you register the warranty on your upgrade meter below.

Go here:

Ascensia Care : Products & Services - Products -

Ascensia® CONTOUR® - Register Your Meter

After you fill out the form and submit it, if it says "invalid address", remove any punctuation or abbreviations from it (e.g., "Dr." should be "Drive").

ladytaz

They did send you the 'new' meter then Jason?? A few weeks ago I filled the thing out and I got the old one :( I just hooked my mom up with it yesterday (along with the one to get the Ultra2 and UltraSmart as well - I just got my UltraSmart yesterday! YaY!!!) she ran into that same address problem as well, it was a pain! LOL .... I'm hoping she gets the 'new' meter, dad already has the 'old' version. I wonder if I could try it again????? Maybe use a different name?? hee hee hee

JasonJayhawk

Yes! Last week, when I heard about their "new" version, I did it again. The box has "New & Improved" written in the upper left corner, and now says "5 Second Test Time" on it. The design of the meter is a bit different, with the buttons and "trim" white in color.

I'd do it again... maybe with a different email address and first name. :D

camjen1

I just recieved an email from lifescan offering me a free upgrade so if you have any products registered through them then it's possible you might have an email as well. I think all the times Lifescan was offering freebies it was for the Ultra2 and US but they had the Mini as an option so that's what I picked.

sweetcheeks

you guys sound like me with the boost drink lol... i signed my hole family up just for free coupons lol... walmart dont carry it yet, so i have to go to krogers... but thats 10 bucks saved lol..... i drink it for breakfast on the run.....

and i really wish ensure would make a diabetc drink in bottles... glycerna's taste like a metal can... so boost is better

ladytaz
Yes! Last week, when I heard about their "new" version, I did it again. The box has "New & Improved" written in the upper left corner, and now says "5 Second Test Time" on it. The design of the meter is a bit different, with the buttons and "trim" white in color.

I'd do it again... maybe with a different email address and first name. :D

Did it .. used hubby's name ;) I'm SUCH a 'meter whore'! LOLOL

Like I don't have enough already??? Only have SIX now! *giggles*

JasonJayhawk

I'm not sure if this would help anyone, but a sharps container is available here:

https://iprc.mckesson.com/sharpsorder/ra/appSecSharpsOrderFormReq.jsp

From my guess, it looks like it's destined for a specific kind of medication. But it looks like everyone and their dog can order it (I found it on a freebie board). You just might have to claim you're currently on that medication. As with all freebie offers, never use a real first name so that you can track the source of your new junk mail advertising.

jeggeman31

You just might have to claim you're currently on that medication.

Someone else posted this link a few months ago, and they don't require you to be currently on that medication ( well they did not for me )

JasonJayhawk

Cool. I'll order one then. Have you received any mail for rheumatoid arthritis products lately? :D

I just found the original post -- didn't know it was already posted:

http://www.diabetesforums.com/forum/diabetes/14452-free-sharps-container.html

Update / reminder: Free OneTouch Ultra2 / Ultrasmart (and sometimes, even the Mini-pen, depending on your insurance company that you select from the down -- you have to do trial an error if you're looking for the minipen, as only a few insurance company options will give you that as an option on the following page)...

http://www.diabetesforums.com/forum/chit-chat/12683-diabetes-freebies-you-me-2.html#post176601

For the "order code", type in WBxxxxx where xxxxx is a random order number.

jeggeman31
Cool. I'll order one then. Have you received any mail for rheumatoid arthritis products lately?

LoL No :)

Okay my message was to short, thus I typed this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.