Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonJayhawk

"Diabetes Freebies for You and Me!" Thread

blacklightmike

Thanks for this thread... I got a new meter for myself, a sharps box, and a meter for my cousin who will soon need one (having his pancreas taken next week.)

Funnygrl

At CVS this week the new Contour is $30 and there's a $30 off coupon in most Sunday papers this week. AKA, free.

Funnygrl

I got a mailing from Bayer today.

If you are not currently using a Breeze of Contour meter, call us or go online to get one free today! 1-800-587-4994 Bayer C.A.R.E.

You need the number from the mailing for the website, but I see no reason why calling wouldn't work.

Funnygrl
If you say you use insulin and are pumping (nothing else), they'll offer you an UltraSmart! Just did that (again) yesterday ;)

Oh Melissa! I can't believe I missed congratulating you on your pump start! Congrats! So what color did you get?!? ;)

ladytaz
Oh Melissa! I can't believe I missed congratulating you on your pump start! Congrats! So what color did you get?!? ;)

If you're joking ... LOLOL ...

if not ... I haven't started on a pump, and definitely won't any time soon -not that I have a need for it (shootin up's workin REAL well for me so far :)) - but no insurance, and definitely NOT in the finances ;)

OH ...AND ON THAT ULTRA OFFER .... if you've already applied for that offer in the past .... just use a different name (and email addy). You can use the same address ;)

JasonJayhawk

Maybe we should change the title of the free Onetouch meters to "Free 2032 coin battery replacements or AAA batteries [for the ultrasmart]". :vroam::hmmmm2:

ladytaz
Maybe we should change the title of the free Onetouch meters to "Free 2032 coin battery replacements or AAA batteries [for the ultrasmart]". :vroam::hmmmm2:

No doubt, huh! LOL

Funnygrl
If you're joking ... LOLOL ...

if not ... I haven't started on a pump, and definitely won't any time soon -not that I have a need for it (shootin up's workin REAL well for me so far :)) - but no insurance, and definitely NOT in the finances ;)

OH ...AND ON THAT ULTRA OFFER .... if you've already applied for that offer in the past .... just use a different name (and email addy). You can use the same address ;)

Yes, of course I'm joking dear ;)

ladytaz
Yes, of course I'm joking dear ;)

I thougth so, but wasn't quite sure! ;) *giggles*

OH and BTW, I'd probably have either a blue, purple or clear one. Not sure! LOL

camjen1

Free multi compartment pill box

http://www.oscal.com/PDF/Pill-Case_Offer_Form.pdf

Free set of seven diabetes booklets and magnet - This one you want to add to cart and then checkout. No cost, no payment info will be asked.

About.com: http://catalog.niddk.nih.gov/detail.cfm?ID=366&CH=NDIC

Sample of DiabetaDerm Moisturizer

About.com: http://diabeticproducts.com/

camjen1

Thanks Jay!!

Free South Beach Diet Bar

https://kraftpromotions.archway.com/singforsatisfaction/freesampleregister.jsp

Here is a link to a free Diabetes alert necklace that some of us here have received before. However, you do have to send a self addressed stamped envelope to get it. I will warn you though if these are anything like the one's we received before they will be real cheapo's.

Diabetes Research & Wellness Network - Free Information Tag

JasonJayhawk

If you don't like to donate your stamps, don't bother with the self-addressed envelope deal for the free diabetic necklace ("Diabetes Research & Wellness Network - Free Information Tag"). I sent in for this three times during the last three years (actually, twice -- my mom did it once for me, too).

IT NEVER CAME! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I contacted two email addresses I found for the website by looking at their domain listing (DNS) and never received a response. I'm not sure if they've changed their website much, but their email addresses enter a "dead zone."

On the diabetes USENET Newsgroups, other people had discussed this at various times, saying that they, too, never received it. It's almost as though they are keeping your stamps from your envelopes.

One person on a freebie board said that they managed to walk down to the address where you send it (I think it was in New York). The person was told that the USPS won't accept their envelopes because the necklaces jam the USPS machines, and so they have stopped sending them out. (This sure hasn't stopped them from offering the deal, though. Strange...)

I'd love to know what they're doing with my 34 and 37-cent pre-addressed envelopes. I don't even think stamps were 39-cents when I mailed my request in to that group. Think they are soaking the stamps off of them?

JasonJayhawk

Special Offer on Glucerna Cereal!

Get a Coupon for One Free Box of Glucerna Cereal!

This deal is over when it's over...

Glucerna - Try Glucerna Cereal

Code: JOURNAL

I'd probably never pay for this kind of thing, but free is nice. :D

JasonJayhawk

There was a previous Byetta, but I think this one has something different (a magnet and pen?).

Get the most out of the Byetta Program. Just give us your information online at Byetta.com

We'll send you a Welcome Kit with a progress journal, a reminder magnet and a Travel Pack to help keep your pen cool when you're on the go.

someone

I started writing a small website to keep track of these offers where you could suggest offers to different categories and have them approved, but decided to save myself the 3-4 hours it would take to finish. I figured there wouldn't be enough offers to post.

BriOnH
Wow, nice thread. Thanks everyone.

Totally. I can't believe I haven't contributed anything to this still. I just can't seem to find em except in here. Great thread Jay.

JasonJayhawk
I started writing a small website to keep track of these offers where you could suggest offers to different categories and have them approved, but decided to save myself the 3-4 hours it would take to finish. I figured there wouldn't be enough offers to post.

There are places that discuss "Freebies" -- it would be nice to have a community-moderated system, where people can "vote out" the snake oil sites (ones that post psuedo offers that really are intended to get inbound traffic to make revenue from GoogleAds).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.