Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonJayhawk

"Diabetes Freebies for You and Me!" Thread

dar917

Spoke too soon--the GlucoBurst came today also. Hooray for free stuff! ....I needed something to perk up the day. :o

IAmTheBadWolf

Signed up for all sorts of free stuff. Thanks! :) I saw the OneTouch Mini offer on TV a while ago and signed up for a purty pink one... haven't gotten it yet.

br33ze

Thanks for all the links to freebies!!

I got the Ultra Mini thru my insurance company.. I love it!!

I did register via this thread for a Breeze2, Glucoburst, and a sharps container (which I really needed b/c the one I have is just about full!)

Love the thread !! appl.gif

disgusted

Thanks for the list with the freebies ! Some of them don't work anymore like the Boost, but still anything is very much appreciated. Am sure there are many of us giving this a try, thanks again for posting the sites!!!!

JediSkipdogg

Geee,just what I don't need, another meter. Oh well, signed up anyways. I think I need to lay all my meters on the floor and take a picture. And I never paid for any of them.

ladytaz

LOL, you sound just like me Linda & Christine!! I ordered one too, the other day. Just because. Makes a nice addition to my collection! ;)

lewsterr

There has to be a way to connect all of these meters we have together and create some kind of super-meter that will perform all of our lab tests...even our A1C! Anyone care to give it a try?

ladytaz
There has to be a way to connect all of these meters we have together and create some kind of super-meter that will perform all of our lab tests...even our A1C! Anyone care to give it a try?

LOL No kidding, huh?!

Alice

I just donated 4 meters to Project Care (complete with new batteries!)...I have one new UltraSmart waiting in the wings. I do like the Mini (plain grey, not freebie).

I just don't like giving all my info to these free offers.

JasonJayhawk

Give them false information, then. I always spell my name differently, as well as give them exagerated information about my condition, such that I can track back the original offer if they sell my name. :)

That'll give you some more meters to donate!

It's great that you had new meters to donate. I've been asked many times by people on how to donate "a used meter." Used meters are biohazards and nobody wants 'm!

New, sealed, never-been-used meters are great to give away, though!

dar917

So I got the One Touch Ultra Mini meter a while back and the other day LifeScan sent me a couple packs of lancets out of the blue. W00t.

dar917
yeah-me too! i was wondering why.....oh,well- i love anything free....now maybe they'll send free strips....trish

yeah; not very likely but we can hope!

I have needles coming out my ears though, but you can get those for $9 a box at Wal Mart otc. I wish i had that problem with strips!

mho357

I could have sworn that when I signed up for the ultra mini that I had the option of the Ultra2 or the Ultrasmart. I tried today and the Ultrasmart was no longer an option.

Did I imagine this or have they changed the offer?

I saw the Ultrasmart in the drug store the other day and thought it was kind of nifty (but not nifty enough for me to fork over the $$$).

Mark

JasonJayhawk
Did I imagine this or have they changed the offer?

Mark

They constantly change it. Is this the one that asked which insurance company you have? Based on your response to the insurance company you have, you were presented with a different set of meters to select from (including the mini).

mho357
They constantly change it. Is this the one that asked which insurance company you have? Based on your response to the insurance company you have, you were presented with a different set of meters to select from (including the mini).

It was a different offer:

OneTouch Meter Offer

UltraSmart on the way...

Mark

mho357

This is a great thread but I should have written down the ones that I signed up for. I think I'll be able to use a different meter every day of the week.

What a fashion statement ;)

Mark

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.