Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonJayhawk

"Diabetes Freebies for You and Me!" Thread

JasonJayhawk

(USA only)

FREE - Ensure shakes. You can print a coupon off on your printer, or have them mail it to you. I highly suggest having it mailed to you, because some retailers don't like Internet coupons.

To get your special offer on Ensure six-packs, just download a coupon and head to your nearest retailer. You’ll be good-to-go in no time!

Ensure - 24 Ensure to a Healthier You

dar917
I highly suggest having it mailed to you, because some retailers don't like Internet coupons.

Meh, I had issues with the ones mailed from Glucerna. :/

JasonJayhawk
Meh, I had issues with the ones mailed from Glucerna. :/

Sorry to hear that...some cashiers don't like freebie coupons because they feel like it cuts from their own profits (even though they redeem them through the manufacturer and usually get a small handling fee for doing it).

Target is selling the shakes for a little under $7.00, but my cashier just gave the full $11 value, so I had some overage. Sometimes the cashiers really pay attention and read every detail, and other times they just zip the coupon through.

If you had problems with the Glucerna coupons, I suggest contacting them about your experience, with the retailer's name, and/or contacting the retailer about the bad coupon experience.

BriOnH

This thread rocks. Sorry I haven't found any to post yet and didn't want to clutter this thread, but I gotta give a shout out to Jay for this awesome thread. I have cashed in on a couple of meters. Never can have to many meters around :D .

palefacegirl03
bump. Others may still want to try some of these.

This one is stickied, it stays at the top of the page all the time. It is not lost in the shuffle that way.

Funnygrl

Odd, for some reason I don't see the link in my post.

That website has been working on and off all evening for me. So if it doesn't work, just keep trying.

JasonJayhawk

I think the DMAC code is to provide an offer for a "diabetes meal management companion". If you sign up (and pay for) their "meal management" web-based system, they'll send you a "free A1c test".

I tried signing up for the previous A1c offer. I guess they're resorting to a little questionable marketing practices by trying to get people to sign up for something that won't come if we don't read the fine print. Argh. I guess that it keeps their bills paid, though. :/

Axel Slinger

There is even more free stuff out there if you know where to look. My family went to this Diabetes Fair that was sponsored by the Pharmacy we go to. It was mostly stuff like water bottles, backpacks, fanny packs, tote bags, CD's, pen sets, clocks, etc. But some of it was pretty good stuff that actually costs a lot of money to buy.

There was this girl there from Lifescan and I got to talking to her about how I had the One Touch Diabetes Management Software installed on my computer but couldn't get an interface cable because the only place I could find on online the company wants $40.00 for one and I wasn't going to pay that for a cable. She pulls a box out from under a table and hands it to me and says "Here you go." Inside was one of those cables, a CD with the latest version of One Touch DMS, and a DVD on how to use it. I later found this package on their website and they sell it for $30.00. (The other website wanted $10.00 more and all you got was the cable.)

She also gave us three One Touch UltraSmart meters (one for each of us) that the Pharmacy sells for about $75.00 each, and 4 boxes (a two year supply) of the control solution our insurance doesn't cover (it's $7.50 for one vial that lasts about 3 months), and said all I had to do was call her when I needed more.

We got tons of other free stuff from dozens of companies. Plus some good grub at the Fair as well. After all we give them it was kind of nice to get something back now and then. They had another one the next year and we went again and got even more goodies. So yeah, there's tons of freebies out there for Diabetics. Ya just gotta know how to get them.

orpy

Currently I'm using a Lifescan One Touch Ultra 2 that I got for free. Can someone remember the web address where I go to order a free one? I don't trust the one I have...the readings seem low. I'd like to get a new one to see if there is any difference.

Also, Can someone recommend a better meter that uses that same strips that my Lifescan Ultra 2 uses?

Thanks!

JediSkipdogg
Currently I'm using a Lifescan One Touch Ultra 2 that I got for free. Can someone remember the web address where I go to order a free one? I don't trust the one I have...the readings seem low. I'd like to get a new one to see if there is any difference.

Most likely going ot the link again won't work. I'd just call them up and tell them you don't trust it and they should send out a new free one.

Also, Can someone recommend a better meter that uses that same strips that my Lifescan Ultra 2 uses?

Thanks!

The meters that currently use the Ultra strips are the Ultra, Ultra 2, Ultra Smart, and Ultra Mini. The Ultra Smart is the most advanced of the 4.

R2112

Hi orpy

Hope you're feeling better. I was sent this link just the other day and placed an order. It said it would be 6 weeks before it arrive. I think the link will still work but you never know until you try. You get your choice or the minis or the Ultra 2's

https://www.onetouchgold.com/simplestart/?utm_source=TVQ1&utm_medium=TV&utm_campaign=2008DRTV

I can't recommend anything as this is my first meter but JediSkipdogg did.

Good Luck!

mortis505

Voice of the Diabetic - FREE Magazine Subscription

Voice of the Diabetic is the nation’s only magazine targeted to diabetics experiencing complications, such as vision loss, kidney failure, foot and leg problems, neuropathy, and cardiovascular disease. Complete the request form to receive a FREE subscription to Voice of the Diabetic magazine.

George83

Get your CONTOUR® Meter Free

Free meters from Bayer, only for the US residents though

Why dont the Australian subsidiaries of these companies offer free meters/test strips and such, Would it be worth giving them a call and asking for a freebie, whats the best way to go about it?

JasonJayhawk

I'll bet this offer won't be available for long.... free 60 test strips are included. Just received mine via FedEx. Pretty sweet!

ACCU-CHEK

Also, just as a reminder, OneTouch Colors are still available:

Link

The Accu-chek Aviva test strips are a nice deal!

:) :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.