Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonJayhawk

"Diabetes Freebies for You and Me!" Thread

bryan42

Last weekends paper had a coupon for 20.00 off of the ultra mini....CVS drugstore has them for 19.99, so I got another one free. Maybe I need to get a life? :eek: collecting test meters now?? :T :)

davef
Any of these available in ireland at all :confused:

In general, no. I did get a free meter from my GP when I started out and he recently gave me a second meter as a spare as I was going to a rural part of Italy on Holidays and didn't want to risk bringing just one meter. I did try getting a second meter from Bayer and even when I pointed out that they give them away in the US, they still refused.

That said, with the LTI card we don't have to worry about paying for meds, test strips etc. so we actually do alright in the grand scheme of things.

IrishJoe

That said, with the LTI card we don't have to worry about paying for meds, test strips etc. so we actually do alright in the grand scheme of things.

I guess we do but I like gadgets!

ericm31
Is there some trick to receiving one? I filled one out and they only sent me a DVD on how to eat which turns out to be exactly what not to do - :cool:

~Danielle

I received a mini and a ultra2 from two different requests. Took about a week. Ya might try again.

On the otherhand, I just recieved the FreeStyle Lite meter I requested about 8 weeks ago. I had given up on it.

Noturningback
I received a mini and a ultra2 from two different requests. Took about a week. Ya might try again.

On the otherhand, I just recieved the FreeStyle Lite meter I requested about 8 weeks ago. I had given up on it.

I tried again. It said they wanted to send me a cool color case to match my one touch mini. Don't know if they are sending me a case only or a kit?

~Danielle

ericm31
I tried again. It said they wanted to send me a cool color case to match my one touch mini. Don't know if they are sending me a case only or a kit?

~Danielle

Yeah, that looks like the same form I filled out. Maybe your not qualifying with the answers you are giving.

I would love a case to match my green mini, what's the point of having a colored meter if it's burried in a black bag? :)

mortis505

I think(dangerous I know) that you have to say you test 4 or more times a day. You may also try telling them that you are on insulin.

diabetestribe

Like mortis said - I'm not saying people should do this , but it seems when filling out the forms for whatever freebie you are trying to get you need to say you are on insulin and when it asks you how many times you test a day pick the maximum that is on the form.

Noturningback

Aha -

well the testing is definately the max but the insulin - well - I am too honest......this time(waaaahhhaaaa *evil laugh*)

I picked the green case but, I have a silver mini. I want a new one with a data port though - poo.

Thanks,

~Danielle

ericm31
Like mortis said - I'm not saying people should do this , but it seems when filling out the forms for whatever freebie you are trying to get you need to say you are on insulin and when it asks you how many times you test a day pick the maximum that is on the form.

I did not specify that I used insulin and I got my meter. I did tell 'em I take meds though.. Maybe that's it. lol Who knows... Maybe the supply ran out.

mortis505

Renew Advanced Lancing System. According to the website you can get a free sample by calling them at 1-800-461-7448

palefacegirl03

I got my Remedy magazine in the mail and it had a new address for the free One Touch Mini and Ultra 2,

the link is not showing up for the mini

it is

mycolorultramini.com starts with the www at the beginning

you can just type it in the address bar

there was a postcard in the mag, and the mini is now available in purple and blue, but the colors did not show up online, just the original 4 colors. I mailed off the card , so hopefully I have a purple on the way.

Also a card for a free FreeStyle Lite was there too

https://www.freestylelite.com/freestyleworld/landing.asp?code=hd74kd

mell1682

Wow! Thanks for all this free info...I'm trying some of the sites. I did finish the OneTouch one and should receive a monitor in 3-4 weeks!

palefacegirl03
Wow! Thanks for all this free info...I'm trying some of the sites. I did finish the OneTouch one and should receive a monitor in 3-4 weeks!

That's great.

I figured I might as well post them, since I cant sleep.

patricia52

I got my one touch ultra mini on Saturday. I cannot get the date to change. The one time I got it to go the the change date option I put in the correct month/day/time but then it went back to the date/time it came with and does not advance. Two hours later it still showed the same date/time etc. Well at least I can use the strips.

gettingby
Nice freebies :D

Here's a couple. I'm not sure if they have been posted before. If they have I guess I'll just remind you :P

They are:

Free Bayer Contour

Free Bayer Breeze 2

I'll try these out soon and tell you if they work.

I believe the new contour comes in these colors: Pacific Blue, Royal Purple, Green Apple, and Graphite Gray. Pretty cool. I believe these meters have Dew's name written all over them. LOL. ;)

contour4color.jpg

David_S
Saw this advertisement today:

Free OneTouch mini (multiple colors to select from) -- depends on how you fill the survey out. Clear cookies and try again if you don't get offered a mini:

Thanks I have an old mini and just got a new blue one.. style alert.

cyberus

I just got the Freestyle Lite, signed up for the discount program .. and found out that its still cheaper to buy True Track strips at Walgreens than the discounted Freestyle strips :(

barko
I just got the Freestyle Lite, signed up for the discount program .. and found out that its still cheaper to buy True Track strips at Walgreens than the discounted Freestyle strips :(
Have you checked the Keynote Wavesense meter? strips are like $36/100 on several websites (diabeticexpress.com is one)

You can get the meter free if you order 100 strips...

Keynote Wavesense deal

Product info: WaveSense - Products

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.