Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gina

Hey everyone

Gina

Just felt like telling you all im going to be starting school in September for Web page design...if you guys didnt already know i was a graphic designer in manhattan and was layed off on july 12th ...i made it through four layoffs before that....i am finding out that I am really bored lately too hahaha...all i do is hangout outside working on my tan ...so going back to school should be ummm well a very good change to my new laid back lifestyle hahah...but i have had a really good chance to work really hard at my blood sugar control and my numbers havent been over 140 since july...so it all works out in the end right haha...I am really excited about school ...i will be attending hofstra university ...i dont know if you guys all know that university but its a pretty well known school on the east coast...wish me luckkkkk!!! ill need it i havent been in school in 4 years...:D

Cront

Gina...

I've been thinking about doing the exact same thing. I work for Worldcom, so it seems to be just a matter of time before I will be joining the ranks of all the former Enron employees. I've thought about taking some time off and going back to school. My wife is behind me doing that 100%. We'll see. Good luck to you!

~Cront

Gina

Cront you should....it doesnt hurt and unemployment will still give you your benefits while going to school and you will not have to report to them till school is over...

WOW Gina~Good luck~You are very lucky--and congratuations on school and your blood sugars--I wish you the best. You are a great person with a great personality and I am sure talent so go for the gusto!!!

Always Dream

Oh Cront--good luck to you too--I am sorry about Worldcom etc etc but sometimes changes happen for the very best--and I wish you the very best always.

Dream

Tony
i was a graphic designer in manhattan and was layed off on july 12th

Sorry to hear that. Why on earth would they lay you off. Just like Dreamartist said,

You are a great person with a great personality

I am really excited about school

You are:confused: :confused: :confused:

Somebody get this girl some glucose tablets and quick!!!!!:D :D

I work for Worldcom, so it seems to be just a matter of time before I will be joining the ranks of all the former Enron employees.
Sorry to hear that. You work for a big company like that and you think you have a job for life. It is hard to belive something like that could happen. You never know.

Good luck to the both of you. Change is good. Belive me.

Gina

susie and cront and tony thanks for your kind words...i need all the kind words i can get i have been in a rut lately with all this stuff happening to me...but let me tell you not working i think i can live with any day!! lol

this is the lifeeeeeee

Gina

it took me a long time tony!! but, it takes alot of work!! ALOT....and i do feel better im not as tired as i used to be!!

Tony
it took me a long time

So It can't be done in two weeks then? You talking a month or two?

This way I won't give up in three weeks.

Are you at where you want to be?

Can you give me or anyone some tips? I'm not getting anything done by going to bed at 8:30 9:00. I'm always tried. Have no engery. I move slow.

How often did you check for a pattern in your bgs.

How did you check your basal, Skip a meal? how often did you have to make any changes of insulin.

Oh man, I'm getting stress just thinking about all this work, not sure if I can do it, or keep it up.

Noboby really knows what we are going thru.

My mom wanted me to go for a coffee and a dounut with her. I told her no, my sugar has been high and tring to get it under control and that I'm going to try and skip breakfast, She said are you going on a diet :rolleyes: , I said no does it look like I need to be on a diet. Tring to see if my morning basal is set right.

I don't know, does she walk around like this all day or what :confused:

Two hours later I see my dad, Guess what he said, Tony you are going on a diet. :eek: HELLO!! You have got to be kidding, any body home.

Thanks for any help.:)

rfm

Quinton Weeks, are you aware that your liver stores glucose

but dumps some into your blood when it sees you getting hungrier than usual and when it approaches the time when you usually wake up for the day? That can affect your blood sugar when you don't eat.

I've found it best to have breakfast every day, but have less (around half as much) carbohydrates then than at a lunch or dinner meal.

That, among other things, signals to your liver that you've had enough carbohydrates already this day that it can shut down releasing sugar to help you wake up.

pallet_maker

i'm a type 2 so I don't have some of the things you people talk about. i am how ever on insulin. fast acting&lantus. why a pump and not lantus also why do we have to take lantus at nite and not in the morning. my edu. can't seem to tell me why. can anybody out there tell me why

Gina

i think its because lantus is an all day insulin so if you start it at night then you have 24hrs till the next time you take the next shot and then maybe you have control over the day better??? i dont know im just guessing lol

debbie

I always thought the lantus is supposed to stop people from having the lows they often experience but it seems the other way around with alot of my hospital patients, especially when you take the lantus in one shot and take humalog in another shot for coverage!!!

debbie

Tony, I realize that this message is a little late and you may already have answers to your questions but, I just joined today. I know that my husband always felt that he was forced to eat breakfast because of the type of insulin he was taking but with the pump, he only eats when he wants to in the morning and if his sugar is below 100 he better at least drink juice or he will be in trouble at work. With the nph and other insulins the lows and the highs were unpredictable and he was always frustrated and wondering what was he doing wrong?-nothing!!! I can't say enough about the insulin pump!

statdeac

Hey, yall. This line of discussion hardly seems like chit chat. What's the deal?

Anyone seen a good movie lately? I reccomend "Catch me if you can." Quite entertaining.

Hey, Travis. How 'bout them Camels!!

TAutry

Yo statdeac,

Them Camels are horrible! Anyone who comes to Campbell for the athletics is in for a serious letdown.

I saw the lates Bond flick. "Die Another Day" has a lot to offer, but it seems a little too special effects heavy to me. Brosnan is an excellent Bond and Halley Berry is talented and attractive. I love the older Bond films. I love gadgets, but invisible cars are a bit much for me.

Does this "chit/chat" stuff have anything to do with chitterlings?:D

Travis

statdeac

Travis,

Heard about the invisible car. My wife and oldest daughter went to see the flick, but I haven't had a chance yet. By the way, I thought the "cloaking device" was a Romulan innovation!

I tried to get my wife interested in watching the first Lord of the Rings movie on DVD this weekend, but she wasn't interested so I'm sending it back to Netflix today. Minority Report is next on the list.

Never had chitterlings myself!

TAutry

Statdeac,

You are correct, the Romulans did the cloaking device first. Maybe we are on to something.

Y'know in the Moore days, Bond did Moonraker. What if Bond did interplanetary travel next. If Brosnan gives up the role after this one, an innovation might be in order. "James Bond In the 24th Century"? Interplanetary espionage at its finest. Imagine, Bond has made it with every nationality on earth. Think of a Bond girl with Two heads! Maybe a remake of Octopussy: A Maude Adams lookalike with 8 arms! Let your mind run free on that one:D!!!

I don't do chitterlings either. I think they are full of chit.:o

Later,

Travis

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.