Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ramrummy

Resilience Award

ramrummy

At my kids primary school, they have introduced the idea of the 'Value of the Month' and each month one kid from each year gets the award for that month, eg, honesty, respect etc. This is not one of those awards that every kid will eventually win sometime.

Well this month my 7 yr old diabetic (dxd at age 6) was awarded the award for 'Resilience'. I think this is great, he just gets on with it. He does his own finger pricks (always has), and now he boluses his pump(with supervision only). He knows more about diabetes than most adults and never carries on at school when it's time to test. Of all his special traits, resilience sums up how he deals with diabetes. I'm sure there are lot of adults who could learn from kids.

Sorry to bore you with 'proud mum talk', but it's so good when people recognise what these kids go through and how extra special they are.

SueM

Sorry to bore you with 'proud mum talk', but it's so good when people recognise what these kids go through and how extra special they are.

You have every right to be proud and so does your son for taking control well done that lad. And well done you for allowing him to do so. :top:

HollyB

That's so great!

And honestly, don't these kids take your breath away? Their grace under fire is astonishing ... and inspiring.

am1977

That's awesome that he is already being seen as resilient... how others see us really does affect how we see ourselves. You should be proud of him :proud: - he seems like a good kid :top:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.