Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carwy

Question?

JediSkipdogg

Nope. People can book hotels and plane tickets as they wish. Here is what is known right now.....

Date: Sunday, May 13 till Friday, May 18

Flying: At this time some airlines are still not booking for that week. Southwest is one week too early and they don't expect to book for our week till the end of this month. If they keep the current rates, then it will be the cheapest airline found. For example, for me it would be $235 out of Indianapolis whereas the cheapest other I have found is $284 out of Dayton.

Hotels: Wherever people want to stay. Since my last hotel thread, rates have actually changed for some hotels. Some have gone up, some have gone down. So, it's a book when you feel comfortable type deal.

What To Do: That is still up in the air. I think once it's closer to the time people will know more of what to do.

If anyone has any questions they are free to PM me or post on here.

FrankDr

Maybe think about activities for people who want to visit, but can only do 2 or 3 days. If I go, it probably won't be for the whole week. I need to figure if I'll go the 1st or 2nd half of the week.

Later-

JediSkipdogg

I think activities will be something pretty simple. It will be planning a few events. For me, I just want the nickel slot machines. I can spend 3 hours on those and only spend $10.

Something like on Monday we all eat together at say this buffet. Then on Tuesday maybe walk up the strip.

On Wednesday go shopping at Caesars.

Thursday go shopping at some local mall I found. It's $10 (bus fare) to get there and about 30 minutes from the strip but supposedly a pretty large mall. I'll have to try to search for the website on it again.

Those are just some ideas. I'm not planning on having an hour by hour list of what to do. That and while I want to meet many on here, I also don't want to be be surrounded by diabetics the entire trip. That and I'd like to spend some time in the hotel spa (mainly sauna and fitness room which most require pay to access unless you have comps.) I truely don't think activities will be finalized until closer, say March or April.

w5wjp

For a flat fee (can't remember what it is), you can ride the Vegas CAT busses for 24 hours. I just checked their web site and day passes are $5.00, give you access to all busses on all routes......very conveinant

Cyborg

Since the date was set 1 month after I will already be in Vegas and 2 weeks before my kids get out of school for the summer, it's doubtful I will be able to go unfortunately...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.